Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,843 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Honesty Is The Issue Of Haulage Business And Other Business In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Honesty Is The Issue Of Haulage Business And Other Business In Nigeria (745 Views)

Honesty Is The Issue Of Haulage Business And Other Business In Nigeria / List Of Haulage Companies In Lagos / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Haulage Business Please. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honesty Is The Issue Of Haulage Business And Other Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 21, 2013
Sometimes, when you people that are outside the shore of Naija refused to invest in Nigeria, dont blame them. Those of us that invest in Nigeria sometimes regret our action and the effort.

Imagine a fellow that i subcontract my 2 dump truck to ( 1994 Mack dump truck 12 tires and 1987 Mack dump truck 10 tires) and asked him to pay 640,000 naira per month for the 2 trucks (after maintenance) . The fellow just called me yesterday that he wont be able to meetup with the agreed amount again. He told me that he can only pay 550,000 naira per month for the two truck. His excuse is that one of the truck was grounded for February for 5 days and the other one have some minor issue in January for 3 days.

This is a guy that keep calling me everyday before last year before i finally decided to buy the 2 truck (spending about $55,000) and ship it to Naija in October. Suddenly, no more phone call again and 4 month into the contract, you are asking for reduction in the monthly amount. Gosh.........i am so fed up that i feel like selling the 3 truck ( i just bought another and is on the way to Naija)

How come, when you tried to help someone they always refused to be help. I know that haulage business have their own wahala but the money you can malke as profit from the business is good. In order to prevent any issue or complain down the line, all tires of the truck was changed to brand new tires and the engine was service both in US and when the truck was in Nigeria. I know that every month, a dump truck make an average of 600K naira ( for 2 trucks will be 1.2M). Pay me 650K out of the 1.2M is the main headache for this fellow.

How come some people don't like to be help in life? Why are they so greedy?
Re: Honesty Is The Issue Of Haulage Business And Other Business In Nigeria by respite: 6:43pm On Feb 21, 2013
ok
Re: Honesty Is The Issue Of Haulage Business And Other Business In Nigeria by Palmshell: 12:00am On Feb 22, 2013
I understand what you are going through. Take your truck from them now before its too late. There are very few honest people these days. If you don't take your trucks now, they will return it to you when it's like an empty box. I sold my truck for 400 thousand Naira . The truck cost me 4 million Naira. Please if you are outside the country, only do a business you can manage from far. They are few but its the best option.
Re: Honesty Is The Issue Of Haulage Business And Other Business In Nigeria by chino4(m): 9:01am On Feb 22, 2013
Na wah o .please oh I am looking to set up a reliable haulage business in Abuja to carry sand within the bwari axis.10k daily payout but I need tippers or trucks,other business alliances would follow.Getting reliable people to manage your trucks is easy all you need to do is to find out about the persons personality through his friends or people working within where he works or area he resides.Most persons who have trucks should do this first before giving out their trucks,they should also inquire on what business their trucks wud be used for.Here is my no.08033589393.peter
Re: Honesty Is The Issue Of Haulage Business And Other Business In Nigeria by tobiloba82: 9:08am On Feb 22, 2013
Greedy owner and corrupt manager. Egbe eye leye nteele. Birds of the same feather flock together.
Let me assure you that you should just be ready for default in payment. You never see anything. Maybe na only your truck dey do all Estate developers job in Nigeria.
Who on planet earth will give that kind of money? He is still coming back to renegotiate. if you dont agree and push him, you are on your way to hypertension.
Bit of advice( And dont say i didnt tell you) Call him this weekend that is saturday evening or sunday and asked to tell you the truth from the depth of his heart
what he can remit into your account without defaulting. Play with him on the phone to get the truth from him.
You don invest money.Begin to cut your loss now. Make sure you get that $55,000 back.
If you are not confortable with what he will give you,back out fast.
Just an advice for you. I dont deal in Dump trucks,so i am not stealing anybody's biz. just advice you the owner.
Re: Honesty Is The Issue Of Haulage Business And Other Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 22, 2013
[quote author=tobiloba82
Who on planet earth will give that kind of money? He is still coming back to renegotiate. if you dont agree and push him, you are on your way to hypertension.
[/quote]

@ Tobilola

Is the amount he deliver too small or too much?

Explain please.

(1) (Reply)

Inside Saudi Prince’s ‘flying Palace’ / Which Telecoms Biz Can I Start With 5 Million Naira? / Pls How Much Is Nairaland Worth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.