Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Good Guy Turned Bad - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Good Guy Turned Bad (7008 Views)

Czar And The Girl Who Turned Bad...the Intro. / The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) / Top Nigerian Books You Would Love To See Turned Into A Movie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Good Guy Turned Bad by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 17, 2013
**Ehya**Frm the Intricate labyrinth of my thougts...Nice one bro..Carry go
Re: Good Guy Turned Bad by PetDancer(f): 5:47am On Apr 18, 2013
Following
Re: Good Guy Turned Bad by stev007(m): 4:08pm On Apr 18, 2013
Where dis guy dey nah abi u don loss ur fone? Come n continue wit dis wonderful story oo. Don't leave us hanging unto nothing
Re: Good Guy Turned Bad by PBeni(m): 7:42pm On Apr 18, 2013
This gets annoying each time i come here and not see an update from mr. op...
Re: Good Guy Turned Bad by knockturnal(m): 8:34pm On Apr 20, 2013
pls all, update tomoro evening pls. to type on a touchscreen phone no br beans i would have kept it coming.
P.beni, am postrating.
Re: Good Guy Turned Bad by PBeni(m): 9:17pm On Apr 22, 2013
I understand man, you just do your stuff...
Re: Good Guy Turned Bad by PBeni(m): 12:27pm On Apr 27, 2013
:::
Re: Good Guy Turned Bad by knockturnal(m): 4:51pm On May 01, 2013
We had been walking in the late evening sun, the sun was at an angle and the heat was quite bearable. I had been totally unprepared for the colossal shift in temperature when I stepped through the door of the Oga's house. It was as if I had walked into a giant refrigerator. I flinched at the sudden change in temperature and instinctively and naively looked towards the ceiling to see what brand or make of fan was producing this kind of cool, no freezing temperature. The fan was quite different, unlike the white and rusting one we had at home, the one on the ceiling was brownish in colour with flowery designs on the blade and a mini chandelier attached to the round part at the middle.
From my restricted knowledge, I concluded that there must be a different source for this unnatural and localized harmattan.
Re: Good Guy Turned Bad by knockturnal(m): 4:53pm On May 01, 2013
short but consistent updates, thats the plan till i can get something with a keyboard. Bear with me
Re: Good Guy Turned Bad by knockturnal(m): 5:24pm On May 01, 2013
"Evening Sir." I heard my father curtly blurt out. I returned my gaze to level and noticed a man sitting in a chair not too far from me.
"Aha, Welcome. I have been expecting you since. This is almost 4pm." The Man Whom i now believed must be the Oga replied. He was very thin with large eyes barely covered by rimless glasses. he wore a simple T-shirt and navy coloured shorts and held a newspaper or a magazine in one hand.
"I wanted you to finish that job today. I dont want it prolonged." He said again with intermittent stares between his paper and my dad.
"Sir, I ll finish everything today sir." Was my fathers apologetic reply.
"Hmmmmmm."
"Good Evening Sir." my voice sounded strange and foreign. I guess it was a result of the fear of finally coming face to face with the dreaded Oga and the chilling cold that was by now unmercifully penetrating the thin fabric of the faded shirt I had on. The Oga was far from what I expected, he looked sick or malnourished.
He raised his gaze on hearing my voice, and promptly returned to his reading without a response to my greeting. My dad was already walking toward the inner part of the house and I followed suit.

1 Like

Re: Good Guy Turned Bad by PBeni(m): 9:36pm On May 01, 2013
Nice update Mr. Knockturnal, keep it coming...
I guess the new pattern of update you pointed out will do. Keep it up
Re: Good Guy Turned Bad by knockturnal(m): 8:50pm On May 02, 2013
Thank P. A b.itch i brought home last nite made away with loads of my cash.
Feeling very uncreative rite now. cry
Re: Good Guy Turned Bad by PBeni(m): 9:20pm On May 03, 2013
Awww... Sorry man. But the best way to stop the mess happening again is to avoid those devils entirely. That's how it is...
Re: Good Guy Turned Bad by Akukaria: 10:36am On Jun 26, 2013
Man; wia went ya since ageszzz?
Abeg jeh-jehly cum & finish wat u started..bkioooooooooo..ah still dey wait ooooooo....dats alll
Re: Good Guy Turned Bad by PBeni(m): 11:19pm On Jun 27, 2013
Mr Knockturnal if you know you can't continue with the story, you better inform us and save us the stress of having to check up on this thread always!
Re: Good Guy Turned Bad by knockturnal(m): 4:29pm On Dec 02, 2014
My dad was up on a table removing the old boards and replacing them with new ones while my own duty revolved around handing him the specific tools needed for each task. To an onlooker we were working better than an assembly line but I was mentally absent. My mind was in hyperspeed mode as I was ferverently trying to assimilate all that my eyes were capturing for future processing in my mind when I was in a more favourable environment. My whole childish believe and view of the world had just been hard-reset when I stepped into this house. I could not believe that the kind of lifestyle I usually saw in movies existed barely half a kilometer from where I had been living all my life! They had a freaking swimming pool for crying out loud!

For some stupid reason concocted by my tiny brain, I had assumed that all the workers in my father's establishment lived in similar houses with the only diffrence being the size of the building. I was born in the clinic at the junior quaters, my primary education had been in the military barracks close to the estate, I had recently tranfered to the recently completed school built in the estate which was next to the Catholic church we all attended on Sundays.
My only experience of life outside the estate was my period of schooling in the military primary school. The living conditions there were a far cry frm what we had in the estate. The "Batcha" accomodations were constructed from rotting wood and metal sheets with as many as five families sharing one tiolet facility. I often brought my friends home and they marveled at the cleanliness of our estate and the lucky ones even got the luxury of having a shower in our tiled bathroom and using a toilet that flushed. All this while I had believed I was a privileged kid living a swell live.We ate better, dressed better, and had better gadgets in our home than most others in the quaters mostly due to the extra income from my mom and dad and till that day I never lacked anything.

Looking around the house, I pictured myself growing up here. Two boys, apparently the Oga's kid were playing at the back of the house. All around them were toys I had only seen on television and in my dreams. They were dressed in clothes I only got to wear at christmas and their chubby cheek gave me an idea of the kind of food they ate dialy. Their chairs and tables were bigger and beautiful with the sitting area flanked on all four sides with floor to ceiling windows which gave a great view of the kidney shaped pool and garden at the back of the house.
"Darlington!"
I looked up to see my father staring hard at me.
"I said give me more 2" nails". He barked with his left hand streched towards me while holding the hammer and ceiling board with the other. I obliged him and returned back to the present scene. With the last ceiling board in place we packed up our tools and headed back home.

I readjusted myself on the bed again. It would be futile to try and sleep tonight considering the extent to which my hyperactive mind had been pricked. An unexplainable feeling had been aroused in me and it was more exciting than the explicit one I had enjoyed from Mrs Anesuba some months ago. It still had the same foundation in desire, pleasure and release but there was somthing different about this. It was a hunger for somthing I never knew I could achieve, a life I never guessed I could live and a future I never fathomed was in existence.

According to my Dad, the only ticket I needed to achieve it was a University degree. A small price to pay considering I am always at the top of my class.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Calling All Greek Mythology Fans / 8 Requirements For A Successful Talent Discovery / The Missing Soulmate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.