Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? (4953 Views)

I Am A Football Soccer Player I Need A Chance For Tryout In Europe / Who Is The Fastest Soccer Player In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by sil(m): 12:36pm On May 04, 2006
The whole world is still looking up to the upcoming, intelligent and young players, whom nobody wants to believe will take over from Ronaldinho.

I think Lionel Messi has all the necessary qualities to be the best in the world. I hope it happens for him because he has great talent and handles himself really well.

What do you think about Wayne Rooney? They [Lionel Messi and Wayne rooney] had problems as boys, but they got their heads screwed on intelligent soccer.

Now who do you think has got the head to believe that he can grab the world best?

moderator: OP needs to speak in simpler, less confusing English.
Re: FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by salehm(m): 6:17pm On May 04, 2006
Hey Why is your blood rushing?There is still much to play for 2006.so just chillllllll and wait for the time.
Re: FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by LoverBwoy(m): 7:59pm On May 04, 2006
yea n stop using soccer lipsrsealed

football!!!
Re: FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by Priscila(f): 9:31am On May 05, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I regard Ronaldinho Gaucho the Harry potter of soccer!
His genius and talent are unbelievable plus he keeps it so fresh and so clean
Its amazing!

Schevchenko played really badly, Henry sometimes shockingly,  lampard,Gerrard, terry, rooney, Ronaldo, kaka, Robinho,Baptista,RvN,Rikki,Inzaghi,Simao,adriano,Forlan,Ballack, mendes,Etoo! Riquelme,Ibromovich,bent,Lennon, CRouch,Garcia,Malouda its a comedy of blunders!

may be if untapped talent come in during world cup! but i don't think anyone can beat Dinho !

at least the PFAplayer of the year awards  and young player of the year awards are over.

Terry did not deserve the award as he depends on makalele in his defence while Cole and lampard have not been entirely consistent thriughout the season.
henry has not given us a full saesons performance in the league and I think it was the reason he lost.

Gerrard is a wonderful plyer-liverpool is just not the same without him but that was not the reasonTo award him!

Rooney deserves it because he is the most consistent performer in the league and if not scoring he gives an all-round performance hence creating opportunities for team -mates
Ronaldo has flanctuated  this season and if he was brilliant he is now average!
I would have reckoned Rooney to bug the senior award while fabregas the junior award.
Re: FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by sil(m): 9:52am On May 05, 2006
@ salehm
Hey you don't have anything to tell me just stay and don't have nothing say about this; i want you to make me believe what you know about this men. I ain't rush cos that is all about sports.

so lets gets to talk sports ok!
Re: FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by sil(m): 9:58am On May 05, 2006
LoverBwoy:

yea n stop using soccer lipsrsealed

football!!!

We don't get sealed when talking about the must honoured game on earth so don't have any contribution get lost ok!
Re: FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by Priscila(f): 10:02am On May 05, 2006
Sil
DOnt get annoyed for those who cant list like me thats their own funeral!
Without a child they will throw stones.
Re: FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by amodu(m): 10:47am On May 05, 2006
Please calm down everybody we are here to catch fun and we have different ways of expressing our view and then we all cannot sleep & turn our head in the same place.

RONALDHINHO is the man no doubt.
Re: FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by Skintite(f): 11:00am On May 05, 2006
I think it will be Drogba grin grin grin
Re: FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by sil(m): 11:36am On May 05, 2006
amodu:

Please calm down everybody we are here to catch fun and we have different ways of expressing our view and then we all cannot sleep & turn our head in the same place.

RONALDHINHO is the man no doubt.

@amodu
Ronaldiho, the guy has made his own and we are looking up to the next generation. I have here the upcoming skillful and intelligent stars, i.e[b] Rooney of manchester united and Messi of the fc bacelona[/b]

so tell us who you think ok!
Re: FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by Priscila(f): 1:21pm On May 05, 2006
@ Sil
Have you really read my above post?
WE are looking for 2006 and not 2008 where Messi and Rooney might be nominated.

Amodu! I totally agree with you.

@ everyone read my post 3 on this subject and comment on it.
Its me alone who has made an observation and classified those players well.
Re: FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by LoverBwoy(m): 1:34am On May 09, 2006
sil:

We don't get sealed when talking about the must honoured game on earth so don't have any contribution get lost ok!

me no compre' undecided

Henry- its about time they coaches in world take their arse out of their behind and admit it! almost doesnt count x2

Ronaldinho- popularity, didnt desre it they first time

Rooney- solid performance all the time
Re: FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by onlygucci(m): 2:20am On May 09, 2006
Ronaldhino is unbeatable, th guy is just something else, Messi and Rooney might be nominated as well but ronaldhino will still ratain it cos being best in the world is independent on age,
Re: FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by amodu(m): 2:39pm On May 09, 2006
@Sil hope you what Priscilia has posted.

As you can see Ronaldhinho as play a great football this year also and no one else can compete with him.

he is the one worthy of the award so he has to be given
Re: FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by sil(m): 2:47pm On May 09, 2006
@amodu
Nobody compete with him but who takes over from him

Is there anybody you think apart from Wayne Rooney and Lionel Messi
Re: FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by bolaoni(m): 3:54pm On May 09, 2006
Are you looking for the best in 2006 or the future?

It seems you have your own opinion already so why bother everyone else?

Messi or rooney have no chance this year. They may have it another time but not NOW!

I think the world cup determines the whole issue sha and besides it is too early to determine who wears the crown.

As Skintite mentioned, it may be Droooooogbaaaaa grin
Re: FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by sil(m): 10:02am On May 10, 2006
@ bolaoni
As a sport fan you are good to tell who is who in this game.ok
Re: FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by Grizzly(m): 10:11am On May 10, 2006
Trick daddy Ronaldo de Assis Morriera a.k.a RONALDINHOSAURUS. That boi is as lethal as an invisible rattlesnake.
Re: FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by lordimpaq(m): 10:43am On May 10, 2006
ronaldinho who else?
Re: FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by amodu(m): 12:02pm On May 10, 2006
sil:

@amodu
Nobody compete with him but who takes over from him

Is there anybody you think apart from Wayne Rooney and Lionel Messi

Apart from Messi and rooney, i will say our own Mikel Obi if they didnt put politics into it.
Re: FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by lordimpaq(m): 12:11pm On May 10, 2006
him

Re: FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by babaragold(f): 7:23pm On May 10, 2006
there are just 2 of them eto'o fils or dinho whoever takes it b/n these2 has taken it 4 the other. so i'll rejoice 4 whoever grabs it amongst them. cheesy
Re: FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by Skintite(f): 2:07pm On May 11, 2006
@balaoni
thanx 4 d support wink
Re: FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by amodu(m): 2:35pm On May 11, 2006
Dont worry it will be Fabregas, hope you get that.
Re: FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by sil(m): 2:57pm On May 11, 2006
babaragold:

there are just 2 of them eto'o fils or dinho whoever takes it b/n these2 has taken it for the other. so i'll rejoice 4 whoever grabs it amongst them. cheesy
See what! i love this guy eto'o, but do you think he will continue performing as he has done this session What ever he is on list but i don't think.
Re: FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by sil(m): 3:07pm On May 11, 2006
amodu:

Dont worry it will be Fabregas, hope you get that.

@amodu
Man you should be talking about this young players that are coming with strenght to overcome anybody coming their way, Fabregas is not strong to con this position.ok thanks.
Re: FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by Priscila(f): 3:56pm On May 11, 2006
All those young players might be nominated ie Rooney,Messi,Fabregas, Ronaldo but Ronaldinho will outdo them.
they will start winning at 24.
Re: FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by sil(m): 4:11pm On May 12, 2006
Priscila:

All those young players might be nominated ie Rooney,Messi,Fabregas, Ronaldo but Ronaldinho will outdo them.
they will start winning at 24.
Think u re right. but,
Re: FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by 4Play(m): 4:38pm On May 12, 2006
Its hard to say with the World Cup still to play.
If I had to I will say Thierry Henry and that is painful for me to say cos I hate Arsenal.But he singlehandedly has helped to drag a largely mediocre team into the 4th place in the Premiership and to the Final of the Champions League .

Many people will disagree but Ronaldinho is no longer as good as he was 2 years ago in the 2nd hal of the 2003/2004 season.This is partly because he tends to start on the left side of midfield unlike then when he played in the centre behind the main striker.

1 Like

Re: FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by sil(m): 2:24pm On Nov 29, 2006
Italy and Real Madrid defender Cannavaro was named European Footballer of the Year but the identity of the winner of the FIFA award will be revealed on Monday, December 18 at a gala in Zurich so to your opinion who do you think worth the crown

Also Zinedine Zidane, 2005 winner Ronaldinho and European Player of the year Fabio Cannavaro were named as the three remaining candidates.

Zinedine Zidane?
Ronaldinho?
Cannavaro?
Re: FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by amodu(m): 2:31pm On Nov 29, 2006
Zidane
Re: FIFA World Soccer Player Of The Year 2006: Who Will It Be? by sil(m): 2:35pm On Nov 29, 2006
Am thinking of Zinedine Zidane too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Todays 100% Sure Prediction / Ebonyi, Taraba Win Gold In Taekwondo / Sportbet Hack My Account Illegally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.