Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,579 members, 7,955,136 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:46 PM

9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat (27418 Views)

Some Daily Items That Are Dirtier Than Toilet Seats. / Ten Things We Touch That Are Dirtier Than Toilet Sits / 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat by nenergy(m): 3:38pm On Feb 23, 2013
The toilet seat has acquired an unfair reputation as the dirtiest item in the average household. But scientists say there are far filthier places in our house, some of them where we least expect.

1) Kitchen Sink - Most think otherwise, but the kitchen might be the dirtiest place in your home. There are typically 500,000 bacteria per square inch in the sink drain alone.

2) Light Switch - Over the years your dirty hands contribute to 217 bacteria per square inch.

3) Door Knobs - As mentioned before, the hands are one of the dirtiest parts of the human body. Touching door knobs, which are also rarely every cleaned, transfers the germs and bacteria from everyone else who has touched that knob to your hand.

4) Computer Keyboard - Be sure to spray your keyboard with compressed air and wipe clean with a cloth and mild detergent. In a random study of 33 keyboards, four were health hazards.

5) Money - The Health Commissioner for New York found 135,000 bacteria from washing one bill and 126,000 from another. Make sure to thoroughly wash your hands any time you handle money directly.

6) Kitchen Sponge - The crevices in sponges make it difficult to disinfect and users are generally just transferring bacteria from one place to another. An easy remedy is to microwave the sponge for approximate 60 seconds, and it will improve odor too!

7) Refrigerator Handle - Since nobody ever cleans fridge handles the bacteria stays and has a lot of time to multiple and grow.

8.) Mobile phone - It is so widely used that it contains more than 18 times the harmful germs that your toilet flush handle. This is available for your house telephone too.
You should clean and disinfect it often using antibacterial tissues.

9) TV Remote - Add to that the SARS, MRSA and VRE bacteria that is easily transferable by touching TV remotes. Hotels are notorious for this, so be sure to wrap it in plastic during your next stay.

Source: http://stunninginterestingfacts..com/2013/02/9-things-that-are-dirtier-than-your.html
Pix by: Menergy

3 Likes

Re: 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat by nenergy(m): 3:39pm On Feb 23, 2013
More.......

Re: 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat by nenergy(m): 3:41pm On Feb 23, 2013
finally

Re: 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat by Xplodes2700(m): 4:02pm On Feb 23, 2013
Noted, thanks for sharing

3 Likes

Re: 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat by ebamma(m): 11:33am On Feb 24, 2013
10)Girls Kitty=the thing the smell die, guys please stop sucking it or else you may die young of toto cancer

35 Likes

Re: 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat by alphaconde(m): 11:34am On Feb 24, 2013
Chei!! I read I run
Re: 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 24, 2013
ok nah..Thank God..i'll start eating in my toilet and use toilet seat as dining seat....

8 Likes

Re: 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat by martyns303(m): 11:37am On Feb 24, 2013
Scary. Click Like if you know "dirty no dey kill Afrika man"

55 Likes

Re: 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat by Dfrenzy(m): 11:39am On Feb 24, 2013
Uhm!!! K.
Re: 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat by ezedolar: 11:40am On Feb 24, 2013
Shaving stick
Re: 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat by ELgordo(m): 11:41am On Feb 24, 2013
Noted! Seen! Heard!
Re: 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat by elopee3000(m): 11:42am On Feb 24, 2013
over night remaining amala and ewedu

2 Likes

Re: 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat by Warlord3000(m): 11:43am On Feb 24, 2013
This one don dey tire person sef..

Na so so everything be danger..

I know say soon to breath ordinary air go soon turn DANGER for oyinbo mind..

Abegi jare... mtscheEew

1 Like

Re: 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat by Smiler11(f): 11:43am On Feb 24, 2013
[quote author=R2bees]ok nah..Thank God..i'll start eating in my toilet and use toilet seat as dining seat.... [/quote

very funny
Re: 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat by Codedrock(m): 11:43am On Feb 24, 2013
Wat about d dirty tin under ladies?
Ummm sowi!
Re: 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat by korrej(m): 11:47am On Feb 24, 2013
Ok o
Re: 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat by Asis(m): 11:48am On Feb 24, 2013
Eheh,terrible..happy sunday y'al
Re: 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 24, 2013
ebamma: 10)Girls Kitty=the thing the smell die, guys please stop sucking it or else you may die young of toto cancer

Pls don't generalise this biko, say some girls. 0_o ishie man!

5 Likes

Re: 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat by Rajman(m): 11:48am On Feb 24, 2013
dis ar customize germs/dirt
dis ar no prblm here in naija grin dis ar customize germs/dirt
dis ar no prblm here in naija
Re: 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat by Nobody: 11:49am On Feb 24, 2013
Codedrock: Wat about d dirty tin under ladies?
Ummm sowi!

What do u mean 'dirty thing'.. If u were standing here, I woulda slapped u since. Ofu!

8 Likes

Re: 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat by ebamma(m): 11:50am On Feb 24, 2013
Amaaskia:

Pls don't generalise this biko, say some girls. 0_o ishie man!
And u are among the 'some girls'

4 Likes

Re: 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat by abdul23(m): 11:53am On Feb 24, 2013
martyns303: Scary. Click Like if you know "dirty no dey kill Afrika man"
You are on your own o.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat by Biggoozz: 11:54am On Feb 24, 2013
Mobile phones and money are most true and trickiest. Sometimes I use hand sanitizer to clean my phone. As a lasting solution, we may not be able to conduct a proper routine cleaning of the items mentioned, but we can groom the culture of carrying hand sanitizers and washing our hands often.

BTW, I expected to see "human hands", such as we shake averagely 12 times daily?
Re: 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 24, 2013
ebamma: And u are among the 'some girls'

Excuse you! I am extremely hygiene conscious, in fact I think I have ocd. :|. Anytime, anywhere, any day, I am confident about myself because I smell soooo good, you'd wanna eat me all day. Mtchewwwwww!

10 Likes

Re: 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:57am On Feb 24, 2013
[size=18pt]Hmmmm !! ... Well Noted ! but wetin pepsin co do when danger no co follow seff ?? I Just dey ask Baba God make em dey watch over us anythin when we dey do ooooo !! HAPPY SUNDAY NLANDERZZ[/size]
Re: 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:59am On Feb 24, 2013
Amaaskia:

What do u mean 'dirty thing'.. If u were standing here, I woulda slapped u since. Ofu!
[size=18pt]why You Take dis thing pesonal like dis .... and na you be dey only babe wen dey comment here sef[/size]

1 Like

Re: 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat by Biggoozz: 11:59am On Feb 24, 2013
Warlord3000: This one don dey tire person sef..

Na so so everything be danger..

I know say soon to breath ordinary air go soon turn DANGER for oyinbo mind..

Abegi jare... mtscheEew

Let's thank God for those anti-bodies He gave us that work round the clock to keep us safe. Many times before we take ill, our cells have worked more than donkeys.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:02pm On Feb 24, 2013
Amaaskia:

Excuse you! I am extremely hygiene conscious, in fact I think I have ocd. :|. Anytime, anywhere, any day, I am confident about myself because I smell soooo good, you'd wanna eat me all day. Mtchewwwwww!
And you are from my state "Akwa Ibom" sef ... abeg pass dem comments ... no allow make e wound you dis lovely sunday
Re: 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 24, 2013
JayKayMaybachz:
[size=18pt]why You Take dis thing pesonal like dis .... and na you be dey only babe wen dey comment here sef[/size]

Oh pls pls pls, spare me jare!
Re: 9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 24, 2013
Keyboards that are Health Hazards. grin

To Ya'll that spend hours trolling on Nairaland, seen that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Smelling Your Partner's Fart Will Prolong Your Life - Scientific Research Claims / Premature Ejagulation / Generator Fume Kills Family Of 5 In Rivers State (graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.