Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,067 members, 7,821,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Iyawo Nylon Bag - Literature (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Iyawo Nylon Bag (248517 Views)

Lagos … And My Polythene Bag By Chydee / Lagos … And My Polythene Bag By Chydee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Ishilove: 5:41pm On Aug 29, 2013
Mr Troll: yea right!

Did somebody say premarital sex is war? O boy!
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by MrTroll(m): 5:51pm On Aug 29, 2013
Ishilove:
forget that thing. December is still about 4 months away, time enough for more procrastinations wink
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Ishilove: 6:31pm On Aug 29, 2013
Mr Troll: forget that thing. December is still about 4 months away, time enough for more procrastinations wink
Have you read the entire story, Monsieur le Troll?
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by MrTroll(m): 7:50pm On Aug 29, 2013
Ishilove:
Have you read the entire story, Monsieur le Troll?
hehehehehehe. Are you just coming?

You forget easily my good and proper Ishilove. Maybe you need a smack in the head?
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by princesa(f): 8:21pm On Aug 29, 2013
Ishilove:
I will resume work on Monday. My evil laptop is on the verge of repenting...

My sincerest apologies because I've missed Chilo too sad
i don't know if i should shout another yipee, oh my poor heart sad

Samelfisha:
baby gal calm down ASUU strik is involve grin
no, she's not a student, ASUU ain't got nothing on her, instead she works in an oil company grin

D.Ella.luv:

Nyc nyc nyc,ds story s so gud......princesa seems I'l strt followin u cos u r anywhr a gud story is brewing

since am aiming higher in my writing, i just got to be where am gonna grow. So let me do the honours firstwink
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Ishilove: 8:47pm On Aug 29, 2013
Mr Troll: hehehehehehe. Are you just coming?

You forget easily my good and proper Ishilove. Maybe you need a smack in the head?
You're Muskeeto, aren't you?
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by MrTroll(m): 10:23pm On Aug 29, 2013
Ishilove:
You're Muskeeto, aren't you?
grin grin grin

What do you know, muskeeto just asked me today if you think i'm him. cheesy

Suffice it to say, we are LEGION!!!
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Ishilove: 10:28pm On Aug 29, 2013
Mr Troll: grin grin grin

What do you know, muskeeto just asked me today if you think i'm him. cheesy

Suffice it to say, we are LEGION!!!
No worries, ya nyash go soon open and na hurricane go blow am well angry
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by MrTroll(m): 10:33pm On Aug 29, 2013
Ishilove:
No worries, ya nyash go soon open and na hurricane go blow am well angry
grin keep dreaming...
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Mynd44: 10:51pm On Aug 29, 2013
Derail this thread all you want but I will not be cleaning it uptongue
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by MrTroll(m): 10:59pm On Aug 29, 2013
Mynd_44: Derail this thread all you want but I will not be cleaning it uptongue
ok. We have noticed you, former president Derailers Association of Nairaland. tongue
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Samelfisha(m): 12:26pm On Aug 30, 2013
Ishilove we have wait, waited and still waiting'' undecided
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by BOLAJIAJANI(m): 3:56pm On Sep 03, 2013
Finally got to the end but still waiting for the end of the end. Nice story you got here, Ishilove. It's not easy doing something like this and at the same time trying to deal with all the 'wahala' life has to offer. You've really tried.

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Cestmoi1(f): 8:04pm On Sep 04, 2013
I can't even recollect where i stopped.
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Anyi3(m): 11:15pm On Sep 05, 2013
Ishi said I should post this for her going out to all her readers, in Adam Lambert's voice

"Just don't give up, I am workin' it out
Please don't give in, I won't let you down
It messed me up, need a second to breathe
Just keep coming around
Hey, whataya want from me? "
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Ishilove: 11:16pm On Sep 05, 2013
Anyi.:
Ishi said I should post this for her going out to all her readers, in Adam Lambert's voice

"Just don't give up, I am workin' it out
Please don't give in, I won't let you down
It messed me up, need a second to breathe
Just keep coming around
Hey, whataya want from me? "
Lol. I gat this. tongue
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by naptu2: 11:20pm On Sep 05, 2013
And we're back. Remember, comments, observations, etc go here https://www.nairaland.com/1272634/iyawo-nylon-bag-gist-thread/7

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Ishilove: 11:36pm On Sep 05, 2013
Okay folks, I'm back. I want to apologise (again) for the lengthy delay. It was due to a combination of personal issues, writer's block and a faulty laptop. But thank God, the obstacles are being cleared away little by little, so we can now forge ahead smiley

*A QUICK RE-CAP: The story so far*

Chilo, a young beautiful girl who was molested as a child, professes to be a born-again Christian but has a dark secret. She is finds herself unable to behave properly while with men and this leads her to lose her virginity to a seedy character named Emmanuel, after several near misses with ex-boyfriends, Fola and his friend Joe. Her relationship with Emmanuel takes her down a road of guilt and self-deprecation. Things come to a head when she gets involved in a one night stand and she walks out of church in the middle of service to go sleep with Emmanuel.

Nasty. sad

So she goes for deliverance in church where some strange things are revealed and she experiences the supernatural in the middle of the night. She comes out clean and refreshed and she is once again happy. Fast forward seven months later. Just when she is comfortable settled in a state of righteousness and celibacy, she falls into temptation with her coursemate, Billy Benson and does the dirty with him. AGAIN.

Smh.

My pipo, Chilo mata taya me o. Well sha, the tori continues...

undecided

2 Likes

Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by sheblayze(f): 11:52pm On Sep 05, 2013
#following

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by sheblayze(f): 11:53pm On Sep 05, 2013
#following
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Ishilove: 11:59pm On Sep 05, 2013
“Iyawo nylon bag…”

Chilo raised eyes and glanced inquiringly at the speaker. They were sitting down under one of the trees at the Love Garden while they waited for their typist to finish typing their assignments. It was mid-afternoon, but the dusky weather made it seem like late evening. A light breeze played around the garden, scattering leaves, ruffling skirts, caressing hairs and bringing with it the soothing, oceanic smell of the lagoon close by.

Deborah had been prattling on and on about something which Chilo wasn’t sure of because she had been making a great show of listening to her companion with rapt attention, whereas all the while, her mind was energetically roving to and fro memories and dreams.

She had somehow managed to overcome her shame and self-disgust after her carelessness with Billy Benson. Some days after the fiasco, she had summoned courage to face God again. She had stripped herself naked, gone down on her knees and wept for forgiveness. After her confession, she felt redeemed and renewed. Just how long she would continue in this vicious circle, she had no idea, but for now, she had her peace of mind and sanity back.

The strange thing was that despite his apparent lack of regards for her feelings, she was still attracted to him. Just what attracted her to him, she wasn’t ever able to tell, but one thing she was sure of was, she just couldn’t get past his good looks and his obvious passion for the body of Christ.

But God was he handsome!! Any time she thought of those chiseled broad shoulders, rock hard belly, that slim waist, his imposing height and shiny, ebony black skin, she went weak in the knees. Literally. Never mind that he had a rather large head, or that sometimes he had bad breath. Never mind that he just never stopped borrowing from everyone around him. Never mind that he just couldn’t stop talking about his girlfriend even when she was with him. What mattered was he was one of the handsomest fellows she had ever met and his attentions fed her ego.

He had tried to sleep with her again on more than one occasion and she nearly gave in, but the memories of her nightmare period, his shabby treatment of her after their first sexual encounter and the fact that she simply refused to be a ‘reserve girlfriend’ or ‘booty call’, as it was known in wider circles {she wasn’t too sure, though} strengthened her resolve. She was also not particularly inclined to go through another tortuous guilt trip. Heck no.

“Why, Chilo? Don’t you know I like you so much” he had queried her the last time he failed in his quest to undo her trouser buttons.

She had simply swatted his roaming hands with force, before replying “Yes, I know you like me.” She smiled mirthlessly and added: “The same way you like Uwem, abi?”

On hearing the name of his beloved girlfriend, embarrassment transformed his face into a squirming mask. For the first time, Chilo felt a stirring of that familiar loathing that had been a constant companion during her affair with Emmanuel. It was very faint, hardly noticeable, but she could feel it stirring, like the beginning of a hunger pang.

“Look, Billy,” she said shortly “let’s get one thing clear here. I will never be any man’s second best. As long as Uwem is in your life, I don’t want us to be anything more than friends.”

He smiled uncomfortably. “Who said you will be my second best? I will treat you well, I promise” he said, looking at her imploringly with those beautiful eyes. “It is possible for a man to have space to love more than one woman," he stated earnestly. " I will respect both of you and give the both you equal attention. I sincerely, sincerely promise you my dear. Please don’t refuse me because I know we can have something special”

While he was speaking, his hands had somehow found their way to her stomach. Something she shivered in her, but she hardened her heart to it and forced herself to bat away the offending hand away again, the way one would a bothersome housefly.

“Wo look, BB, tell that to the marines, but me, I have said my own o. I’ve got too much on my plate as it is and I don’t need any more complications. You are just a baby polygamist and I don’t have the time or energy to start competing for any man’s affection” she declared with as much finality as she could muster and clapped her hands for emphasis.

He had pleaded and pleaded but she refused to budge. It was high time she started putting some value on her dignity. Being a second best was not in her agenda, no matter how attracted she was to Billy Benson.

Back to the present, her attention was arrested by what Deborah just mentioned. It sounded rather catchy and strange at the same time. She had never heard that term used anywhere before.

4 Likes

Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Ishilove: 12:08am On Sep 06, 2013
“What does that mean?” she asked Deb, interrupting her mid-sentence.

“What does what mean?” her friend replied, looking puzzled.

A gust of wind swept through the Garden, bringing down a light shower of leaves from the tree under which they sat.

“Iyawo nylon bag. What does it mean?”

“Oh that. I called her Iyawo nylon bag because she said she was only coming for a visit, and then the visit turned into a three month stay in his house. From there belle enter and na so marriage take start. She brought all her belongings in one big poly bag like that because it was supposed to be a brief visit.”

Chilo leaned over and plucked a yellowing leaf from Deb’s hair before casually asking:

“Who on earth are you talking about??”

“Chilo!! You were not listening, abi?

“I was I was” Chilo protested, trying her best not to laugh.

“Shut up and getaway you there!” Deb retorted in exasperation. “I should have known that your mind was not here because whenever you look as if you are concentrating when someone is talking to you, the opposite is usually the case.”

In between offended huffs, Chilo was able to coax the story out of her vexed friend. Deb’s cousin had foolishly allowed an old school mate to come for a visit that eventually metamorphosed into a marriage. He had complained that the lady had refused to leave his house after the first weekend, and after their first intimate encounter, the visit had stretched over a period of three months. She had gotten pregnant along the way and now he had no choice but to keep her in his house as his wife, because according to him, ‘it was the honourable thing to do’. He hadn’t known that she had been on a mission because she had come along with only her handbag and a polythene bag, so he had thought she was going to stay for a very short while.

Chilo marveled at how some women cheapened themselves and used pregnancy to tie men down. It was sheer stupidity, in her opinion, because eventually, those kinds of ‘by force’ marriages eventually crashed because the men usually felt trapped in such loveless unions that had carelessly implanted fetuses as the foundation of the union.

The very label, ‘Iyawo poly bag’ was quite demeaning, to say the least. The silly woman hadn’t even had the decency to include a proper overnight bag in her plans. It just showed how utterly classless she was, Chilo thought with disgust.

“By the way, have you heard that we will be using a military style shirt for our departmental week? Once I collect mine, I intend to use it to ride in a few buses without paying. Haha!” Deb breezily declared, chortling mischievously

Chilo blinked blankly at her. She had tuned out shortly after Deb had launched into another tale.

“Huh?”

“Chilo, you haven’t been listening again shey??” Deb barked, thoroughly fed up.

“I’m sorrrrrry!!!” Chilo wailed, before bursting into laughter.

Weeks passed in a whirlwind of final year activities, and before anyone could catch their breaths, their final exams commenced. Chilo didn’t even bother herself with too many preparations. She opened some of her course materials to read for the first time on the night before the examinations commenced. Her routine consisted of waking up by 2.30 or 3.00 am, dozing for about ten minutes or so, and then reading for two hours or thereabout. She would walk nonchalantly to the exam venue when it was time, zoom through the questions and walk out before everybody else. She just couldn’t be bothered because she was plain fed up of the whole environment and wanted to get everything over and done with as soon as possible.

She faced her final year project with the same lackadaisical attitude. She remorselessly lifted large portions from textbooks and internet sources, despite her supervisor’s advice to ensure that she approach the work ‘intellectual honesty’ and ‘scholarly determination’.

Intellectual honesty my fair foot, thought Chilo, bemused, and shamelessly went on a plagiarizing spree.

It was therefore to everyone’s amazement when they went to check the results when it was pasted and to their chagrin, they saw the name Chinelo E. Odigidawu side by side a GPA of 4.45; the semester highest in the department. However, no one was more surprised than Chilo herself, because in all her four years in the University, the second semester final year was the most unserious semester on her part. The result shouldn’t have come as a surprise, but it was, considering her totally unserious attitude while the exams had lasted. It was common knowledge in the department that Chilo was very intelligent, and people avoided having her as a study companion because she was notorious for sleeping in the library and prep halls, but, really, this GPA was plain ridiculous and bewildering. How had she done it??

No one, including the star of the moment had an answer.

Well well well, Chilo thought happily as she stood facing the glass covered notice board, this is a sign of greater things to come! Thank you Lord for showing me mercy. Thank You because You did not look at my rottenness and iniquities before blessing me above my expectations. Thank you so much Father, for everything…

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by yemi2plus(m): 12:11am On Sep 06, 2013
She is back. Hope you wouldn't run again?
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Ishilove: 12:19am On Sep 06, 2013
“Your phone has been ringing since” Oliver said before casually strolling out of the room.

Chilo eyed his retreating form with distrust.

“What were you doing in my room?” she called out at him but he ignored her and hurried down the narrow corridor to the sitting room.

“I hope you haven’t been messing with my hair gel again?” He had recently developed an irksome fondness for her hair products.

Silence greeted her question.

His reaction to her initial question increased her suspicion. Whenever Oliver was up to mischief, he usually skulked around the house like a demon on a mission. She had gone to the supermarket to purchase some items and left her phone behind to charge because the battery had been dead since most of the previous day. Power supply to her neighbourhood had been erratic for some weeks, and there had been total outage for almost three days now, so when power had suddenly been restored when she was halfway to her destination, she had immediately dashed back to the house to charge her phone.

“Are you back already?” Mother had queried as she sped past her.

“No o!” she answered, glancing briefly over her shoulder at her mum. “I want to quickly plug my phone to charge. These NEPA people are very nasty and who knows if the light will last for up to an hour. At least let it charge small before those iidiot fellows strike again” she hastily finished as she entered her room.

She had plugged it and hurried out to complete her errands. She was however unprepared for the sight of her brother exiting the room on her arrival, and was immediately convinced that he had been up to no good.

She made her way to where the phone lay atop the cluttered table by the wall. She had guessed right: the phone had been moved. She had placed it next to the wall when she left, but now, it sat dangerously close to the edge. Chilo was very fussy about details so she always knew when her property had been touched. And for goodness sakes, the phone was now switched on. What had the annoying boy being up to? It was so aggravating.

“Oliver!! “she screamed, “what were you doing with my phone?!? You better not be using my phone to send text messages to those your hooligan girlfriends o!!”

“I don’t know what you are talking about! I am innocent!!!” her naughty sibling shouted back.

Oliver was at that age where boys realise that those beings called ‘girls' were not boys with different sex organs after all, but actually creatures of a different specie entirely. He found it intriguing, and was venturing into establishing a deeper level of contact and communication with them. The classes of girls he selected were ones of questionable values; choices that greatly distressed his family. Chilo found it amusing. He was letting himself in for a world of hurt, her brother was. He just didn’t know it yet.

She hissed, then unlocked the phone and checked the missed calls log. Seven missed calls from Deborah, two from Billy. Chilo hissed venomously when she saw Billy’s number. Her infatuation had finally given way to full blown dislike. She resented him now, and could barely stand the sight of him. During their convocation ceremony a month before, she had pointedly ignored him and she had the satisfaction of seeing the hurt expression in his face when she had rebuffed his attempts to hug her.

There is a thin line between love and hatred, and she had crossed it without breaking a sweat.

Chilo wondered why Deb had called her as much as seven times. Her friend always complained of not having credit, but could send countless text and multimedia messages that were costlier than voice calls.

She typed a short message:

Ugly gyal, what’s up? Anything for the gurls? Dollars, pounds or euro are allowed. Landed properties is also acceptable.

and then

Your left nyash. I’ve been calling you since forever. Where d fucck hav you been. Guess what?

was the almost immediate reply.

Chilo rolled her eyes. She wasn’t in the mood for guessing games, something Deb was a champion at.

I can’t guess. This is my last cred jor. What is it?

she replied.

After a few minutes delay:

Okay fucck it! I’m in skool now. Our posting is out. I was posted 2 ogun & you were posted 2 ondo. Halleluya. D lord she haf don it at last!!!!!!! haha

was the ecstatic response.

Chilo dropped the phone in shock. Ondo?!? What a bummer! She had been praying for a posting to either Port Harcourt or Abuja where she hoped to meet people of substance and importance.

What could that mean little state have for her?? How depressing.

Sighing heavily, she marched to the door, flung it open and yelled at the top of her voice

“MUMMY, I’M GOING TO ONDO STATE!!!!”

END OF PART TWO.

undecided

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Zeinymira(f): 6:48am On Sep 06, 2013
Ishi is back grin xoxo happy.

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by aadetoyin(f): 7:34am On Sep 06, 2013
Ishilove welcome back grin grin grin
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Danhumprey: 8:32am On Sep 06, 2013
Mynd_44: Derail this thread all you want but I will not be cleaning it uptongue
LMAO.....Chai! Moderator,you don tire to do your work?
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Ishilove: 9:20am On Sep 06, 2013
Thanks, y'all smiley
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by wizmorris007(m): 11:56pm On Sep 08, 2013
undecidedSup writer... Are you in any way related to one samuel chucks okafor. Cus the dude is claiming to b d writer of this ur iyawo nylon bag o lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (40) (Reply)

HERO (A Violence, Mind Control And Sex Story) a story by Queenliz / Showers Of Mercy - True Life Story / Life Of A Shy Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.