Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Iyawo Nylon Bag - Literature (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Iyawo Nylon Bag (248220 Views)

Lagos … And My Polythene Bag By Chydee / Lagos … And My Polythene Bag By Chydee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Medinat20(f): 1:29pm On Jan 11, 2015
Chilo...
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Medinat20(f): 9:27pm On Jan 11, 2015
I know this is someone's life story...I want to know d end..I will follow this story till u type d final full stop
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by henryukwa(m): 1:27pm On Jan 19, 2015
feed us more....
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Nobody: 12:24am On Feb 23, 2015
.. tethering on edge of bad. tenderly stroking the veil of the e.rotic and delivering a feast of wine without the o.rgy (damn you nl bot) there is much; and more missing
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Gloriagee(f): 3:46pm On Feb 24, 2015
Aunty Ishi, come n finish ya story na (pleading eyes et al)
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Datsme: 5:48pm On Mar 06, 2015
Wow! Bravo! Great job n Kudos to you.
Patiently waiting for d rest of d story.
Thank u
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Ishilove: 11:36pm On Apr 08, 2015
HORROR. That was what Chilo felt when she set her eyes on Wasimi for the first time. Heart shrinking, stomach constricting horror. She stood on the Ondo side of the Ondo/Akure expressway and stared slack-jawed at the tiny village before her.

“Jesus, Jesus, Jesus” her quailing spirit chanted over and over again in shock and total dismay.

From where she stood, she saw pre-historic looking mud houses lined up side by side down to the very end of the village. At the front of some of the houses, piles of something that looked like dark, over-sized groundnuts lay drying under the fiercely burning sun on top of dusty white sacks. There was nobody in sight. At least no one her frantic eyes could immediately pick out. The whole place looked rustic and deserted, like a scene straight out of a poorly done eighties Nigerian movie.

She was still recovering from the harrowing experience of a sleepless night fighting off over-adventurous fingers, and now here she was reeling from another blow.

The day previously at camp, she had hung around camp in confusion and indecision until the very last bus going to Ondo East local government had revved its engine and zoomed off in a trail of sulfurous smoke. Why she hadn’t followed the bus, she couldn’t say, but she deep down she knew the real reason was fear. Fear of the unknown. She was afraid of what awaited her outside the safe confines of the orientation camp.

When the camp had almost emptied, Chilo snapped out of her terror induced stupor and realised that she was soon going to be the only one left in the entire camp if she didn’t get moving . Luckily for her, she knew a nice, friendly young man by the name of Raymond who was a marketer for Savannah Bank, Ikare branch who lived not too far from the camp. He had been friendly with Joyce, which was how she had made his acquaintance. He was engaged to be married so he was likely going to behave himself. Yes, no fear. Ray was a complete gentleman.
She phoned him and quickly explained her predicament, after he which he immediately invited her to spend the night in his apartment. She would leave at the crack of dawn the following day. After she received the directions to his place via text message, she dragged her luggage to the gate and hired two shylock commercial bikers to drive her to the location.

The ride was shorter than she expected, and while paying for bikemen, she cursed them in her heart for cheating her.

Ray’s flat was spacious and comfortable, and she settled down quickly. When her host came back from work, he prepared very peppery ogbono soup and rock hard eba for dinner, but she ate it without complaining. Who was she to complain?

Later in the evening, he left the house and went for his kingdom meeting at the Jehovah’s Witness Kingdom Hall. By the time he returned, she was fast asleep in the only bed in available in the house, located at, you guessed right, the master bedroom.

This was of course the genesis of the whole trouble that ensued...

There she was, minding her own business and sleeping peacefully when she felt bony fingers {Ray was a rather skeletal fellow} rudely poking her buttocks. Or he might have been caressing it, but she couldn’t be quite sure seeing as there was very little flesh on the said fingers, so a caress and a poke felt quite alike.

The first poke jolted her awake, the second chased away sleep from her eyes and the third…well, the third simply filled her with rage. At this rate, her buttocks would cave in due to the strength of the pokes, or caresses, or whatever one could call this bony intrusion. So spindly were those fingers…

Ray was such a bitter disappointment, Chilo thought, swatting away his seeking hands the way Mother did whenever the mosquitoes began their nightly incursions. He had seemed very nice and friendly back in camp, always piously inserting biblical scriptures into their conversations. What was it with seemingly religious men and lust? They turned into something else behind closed doors.

“Ray, what are you doing?” Chilo queried, exasperated. Ray, by now, was breathing heavily.

“Chilo, I just want to play a little” he rasped in answer.

She rolled her eyes to the heavens. Here we go again, she thought in annoyance. All she wanted was to sleep, having spent the whole day packing and worrying about what she was going to meet at her PPA. Was an uninterrupted sleep too much to ask for, for God’s sakes??

His fingers encircled one breast, and to her relief, she didn’t feel anything.

How could she? Although he had a rather attractive face, his shoulders were narrow and his chest, concave. He wore white shorts that were now unattractively distended with a most irritating protrusion; a protrusion that now poked her rudely.

She pushed the offensive hand away and sternly exhorted him on the vices of cheating on his fiancée. At the end of her impromptu lecture, he seemed lost in thought, as if he was ruminating over her words. He turned his back on her and moved to his own side of the bed.

Good, it seemed to have worked. Chilo settled down to sleep, but after what seemed like only five minutes, Ray came back with a vengeance.

She sighed inwardly as she gripped the intrusive fingers and flung them away. It was going to be a very long night…

Chilo was able to successfully fend off his unwanted impious attentions, but she lost a good amount of sleep in the process. In the morning, bleary eyed and cranky, she had dragged herself to Ikare Bus Park, boarded the first available bus heading to Ondo and slept throughout the whole journey.

Now, this…

“Babe enh, di tin do me like film trick” she would later recount to the thoroughly amused Deborah. It was like a bad dream. Was this where NYSC had banished her to for the next one year? She couldn’t believe her eyes.

No, there was no way she was going to stay in this hole. She would go in search of the school, meet with her prospective employer, work out the modalities with him and get the hell out of Wasimi. Having made this decision, she felt better.

She quickly scanned the environment and saw a small Redeemed Christian Church of God parish at the other side of the road. Carefully crossing over, she dragged the first box to the parish and begged the haggard looking elderly gentleman she met at the entrance to be allowed to deposit her luggage there. The man agreed immediately, looking very perplexed.

Chilo made the trip across the road a second time, all the while berating herself for allowing Andrela talk her into bringing so much. The old man sat still, watching her struggle with box on the other side of the road. He made no move to assist her, which was just as well. He looked like a puff of breeze could blow him into the surrounding forest.

When she finally had everything packed neatly in an innocuous corner of the compound, she wiped her sweaty face, adjusted her cap and set out to complete the most important task at hand: finding her prospective employer.

“Will I be given accommodation?” she asked in a tight voice.

The man sitting in front of her had brilliant white teeth behind thick lips that seemed permanently parted in a smile. Mother’s voice bounced around the walls in her head, like a ghostly voice in a dark house. Don’t trust people who smile a lot, it said. She pushed it aside and tried to focus on what this man, Egi Musa was saying.

Egi Musa had large, gleaming white teeth that spoke of good health. It was also rather distracting. He was grinning at her and trying to encourage her to accept his offer. The offer was a ‘princely’ sum of four thousand naira per month and accommodation. The accommodation wasn’t ready yet, he stated, but the only thing missing was a mattress. It wouldn’t take long before he bought a new one. Would she mind sharing quarters with one of the male corps members?

Chilo gasped indignantly. ‘You, sir, are very cheeky!’ she almost spat through clenched teeth, but had the presence of mind to hold back the retort.

No no no, the man protested on seeing the alarmed expression on her face. She wouldn’t actually share the same living space with the corps member in question. The young man would only take his toiletries and move in with one of the other male corps members, so it wasn’t going to be a problem for her.

Chilo felt a bit uncomfortable. She was going to inconvenience someone on her first day in Wasimi, but she had no other choice. At least none for now. She listened to Musa drone on for a few more minutes before finally releasing her.

He saw her to the entrance of the office and asked an impish looking teenager of about fourteen years of age to help Aunty Corper carry her luggage to her new quarters. While he was giving the boy instructions in a totally incomprehensible Ondo dialect, she surveyed the school environment. Egi Musa’s office, where the meeting had taken place consisted of a large wooden desk strewn with an assortment of files, board markers and papers; the bric-a-brac of a typical class teacher.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Burger01(m): 4:54am On Apr 09, 2015
*Spreads mat
*Sipping Lambrusco

Kudos Iyawo Nylon bag
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by obstead200(m): 11:43am On Apr 09, 2015
Burger01:
*Spreads mat
*Sipping Lambrusco

Kudos Iyawo Nylon bag

Ishilove, God Bless u richly. I have waited so long for the completion of this story. I even sent u a private mail requesting u to finish up. I'm sure a huge part of the story was lost in the nairaland tsunami of may 2014. thank God U had a back up on ur laptop (or so I fervently hope and pray!!!) so please, if u do, just post all of them at once that we can enjoy it as one whole meal. you are gifted.

just one question. are u married? my brother is hot, single and searching. cheesy wink I will gladly marry u for him.
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Ishilove: 11:50am On Apr 09, 2015
obstead200:

Ishilove, God Bless u richly. I have waited so long for the completion of this story. I even sent u a private mail requesting u to finish up. I'm sure a huge part of the story was lost in the nairaland tsunami of may 2014. thank God U had a back up on ur laptop (or so I fervently hope and pray!!!) so please, if u do, just post all of them at once that we can enjoy it as one whole meal. you are gifted.

just one question. are u married? my brother is hot, single and searching. cheesy wink I will gladly marry u for him.
I am married to Jesus grin

Thanks for the compliment. Yes, I am adding finishing to the story.

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Burger01(m): 11:51am On Apr 09, 2015
smiley
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by ZUBY77(m): 9:51pm On Apr 09, 2015
Good Story with literally touches.
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Maryclaire1(f): 12:56pm On Apr 13, 2015
ve bin waiting 4 d concluding part of dis beautiful story...thanks ishilove....patiently waiting 4 d rest...u are gifted ma
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Burger01(m): 11:51am On Apr 14, 2015
Waiting..
angry
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by nellyme(f): 8:45am On May 25, 2015
LOL * * Good story...
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by OMA4U(m): 9:21pm On May 27, 2015
Sigh! I'm finally following Chilo's story back. Ishilove describes and narrates the life of Chilo that it begins to seem like a real being. Kudos to you, ma'am.

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Kolade354(m): 11:12pm On Jun 25, 2015
Ishilove please I know I deserve to be banned, Pls just Reduce it for me, Have Mercy on this Sinner............Great story I've already start Reading your story.......Once Again Kindly Reduce my Ban Ma'am.............Second Chance is all i ask for.
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Pukka36(f): 12:10pm On Jul 17, 2015
RobinHez and Ada96sad
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 17, 2015
Pukka36:
RobinHez and Ada96sad
lol pele
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Pukka36(f): 12:12pm On Jul 17, 2015
Ada96:
lol pele
Awayu my shild?cheesy
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 17, 2015
Pukka36:
Awayu my shild?cheesy
ayam fine cheesy...how many hours ban?
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Pukka36(f): 12:15pm On Jul 17, 2015
Ada96:

ayam fine cheesy...how many hours ban?
Lets leave this thread O!...The Op is a moderator.

Till morning shacheesy

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by ernie98(f): 3:29pm On Jul 18, 2015
kissfinally caught up wif the story.....you're just so awesome.
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by obstead200(m): 3:45pm On Jul 19, 2015
ernie98:
kissfinally caught up wif the story.....you're just so awesome.
u caught up with nothing. We have been at this spot since last year.
Ishilove will never update. I have been begging her for ages.
I still check this thread daily Sha.........Just responding to a force of habit and some blind hope.
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by ernie98(f): 1:11pm On Jul 25, 2015
obstead200:
u caught up with nothing. We have been at this spot since last year.
Ishilove will never update. I have been begging her for ages.
I still check this thread daily Sha.........Just responding to a force of habit and some blind hope.
....i think she will.....if she want to...
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by AlNelssyn(m): 9:00pm On Jul 25, 2015
Been A Noob on NL,I try to Read anytin that catches my Fancy...I Stumbled upon this Thread nd read all d whole Update....How interesting....I have the Writer to Thank...

My Observation(s): Chilo attitude towards Men is quite un-cool,She's alwys Attracted to any guy that comes her way,one tin or another must interest her..Made her lost her Prestige..

secondly,I think Guys are kinda ridiculed through out d update...(dnt knw if RIDICULE is d right word).....We see all the guys,in deir Churchy disguise,Nice Smile,Preaching-Lips nd even Assuring words like"NOTING WUD HAPPEN"but at d end the"COOKIE" is wat dey desire,giving birth to the Mantra "NO ONE IS TRUSTED"......I keep Wondering Why twas Written in dis Way...

BTW,tis a Wonderful piece....I respect ur Choice of Words.....

I hereby Move d Motion that the Writing shud Return frm her AWOL abi Sabbatical nd Update us ASAP..... *RAISING MY PLACARD IN PROTEST*
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by daslad(f): 12:43pm On Jul 30, 2015
This cant be d end her story, I'm sure. Because service life was anoda adventure on its own.
Pls Ishilove don't keep me in suspense.
Fascinating write-ups, keep it up.

1 Like 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (40) (Reply)

HERO (A Violence, Mind Control And Sex Story) a story by Queenliz / Showers Of Mercy - True Life Story / Life Of A Shy Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.