Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,108 members, 7,953,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:22 PM

Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. (23854 Views)

Pls Recomeng Affordable And Not Expendsive To Maintain Photocopy Machine For Me / The Cost Of Photocopy Machine / How Much Will Photocopy Mechine Cost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by Temas: 1:02pm On Feb 25, 2013
sergio-zlatan:

Now, how do you expect the OP to understand this your 'KINGS' english?
lol
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by Nov1ce(m): 1:08pm On Feb 25, 2013
kekakuz: I needed to print my online materials so went to a cafe.the attendant told me a page is N50 and I need to print about 100 pages.to save money, I decided to photocopy my friends copy at N5 per page. the attendant used the same machine for printing to photocopy,same paper same ink. This situation is like that almost every where, why is printing more costlier than photocopy. Some even charge N60 if printed from the internet.
They just play on the ignorance of the masses who happen to be very ignorant, everytime I have to print something outside cause either am out of ink or outta the house I grumble gravely.
Even scanning which dosnt use any form of ink costs between 100 and 200 Naira, the chagre on this should be basic operating cost.
It's just every man's greed, I've though of starting my own printing business and running it a little over expenses in order to run the greedy people out of business...
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by Originalsly: 1:17pm On Feb 25, 2013
Time is money. I guess it would take longer to print off the internet than to photocopy..so he is charging for the time the machine would be tied up printing uour 100 pages.
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by Eltonluigi(m): 2:59pm On Feb 25, 2013
kekakuz:
O wise man. The op said the cafe attendant used same paper same machine same ink
Fixed!
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by Sicozone(m): 3:15pm On Feb 25, 2013
Exponental: In a simple language, I will
"printing is original n photocopy is not"...........compare both, there is quality difference (provided machines are in good form).
U can photocopy what has been printed but u cant printed what is photocopied.
GBAGAUN!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by Philolos: 3:29pm On Feb 25, 2013
kekakuz: I needed to print my online materials so went to a cafe.the attendant told me a page is N50 and I need to print about 100 pages.to save money, I decided to photocopy my friends copy at N5 per page. the attendant used the same machine for printing to photocopy,same paper same ink. This situation is like that almost every where, why is printing more costlier than photocopy. Some even charge N60 if printed from the internet.

Copying generally refers to the process of applying toner electrostatically onto paper. The duplicating machines found in most office environments, for example, are copiers. Copiers are ideal for black-and-white short runs with relatively less exacting demands for image quality.

http://www.charliechan.com/printing_basics/copying_vs_printing.shtml

So in your situation, if you are only interested in black-and-white and image quality is not of importance to you, you are better off copying than printing.
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by iamfbanj(m): 4:20pm On Feb 25, 2013
all na lie...just go to parrot cafe in ilorin..both photocopy and printing is the same..,what happen is that if you print in a cafe from the internet or flash,d operator will charge more money than photocopy because they want to make profit..naija we dy naw..go to hospital for malaria treatment,,no b different moni u go pay if u go to dat anti nurse in ur street...everything is just packaging
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by greatknght: 4:46pm On Feb 25, 2013
I think some persons on this thread have confused the point OP is trying to raise.

He is not comparing toner to catridges as some people here are clarifying based on that. As long as you use the same printer, photocopy or printing from a pc consumes as much ink depending on what you are printing. For example, if you decide to print a B/W picture of the Nigerian flag, it will consume the same ink quantity as photocopying this same picture on the same printer. Remember any shaded portion of a picture will be printed as black, so the question of quality does not come in here.

The biz cafes charging at different rates on the same printer are only trying to make more profit. There is no justification as to difference in printing from the computer or photocopying the same material on the same printer.
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by BankuTilapia: 5:52pm On Feb 25, 2013
"printing is original n photocopy is not"...........compare both, there is quality difference (provided machines are in good form).
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy u call diz a simple language
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by Dermie: 6:55pm On Feb 25, 2013
cheesycheesycheesy
u make catarrh komot 4 ma yansh.
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by 76Naira(m): 7:05pm On Feb 25, 2013
The ink used is function of output properties and not document source.
I use a very high quality HP multifunction printer/copier/scanner. I mistakingly submitted my original document to British embassy and kept the copy. I discovered later after I noticed the paper was just too neat compared to others.
Don't allow biz centers fool you.
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by onyengbu: 7:28pm On Feb 25, 2013
Nov1ce:
They just play on the ignorance of the masses who happen to be very ignorant, everytime I have to print something outside cause either am out of ink or outta the house I grumble gravely.
Even scanning which dosnt use any form of ink costs between 100 and 200 Naira, the chagre on this should be basic operating cost.
It's just every man's greed, I've though of starting my own printing business and running it a little over expenses in order to run the greedy people out of business...
What then have you been waiting for....

Easier said than done..... I give you 3 weeks and your bizness will close on its own without your help sef grin
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by nke001: 7:54pm On Feb 25, 2013
sergio-zlatan:

Now, how do you expect the OP to understand this your 'KINGS' english?

Smiling Jaws Activated .
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by moresignal(f): 10:09pm On Feb 25, 2013
d reverse is d case in OAU, print at 2.5 & photocopy at 3. Great Ife students bear me witness.
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by Richieboyn: 1:24am On Feb 26, 2013
U can photocopy what has been printed but u cant PRINTED what is photocopied.

MOGBE O!!
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by Nov1ce(m): 8:19pm On Feb 26, 2013
onye_ngbu*:

What then have you been waiting for....

Easier said than done..... I give you 3 weeks and your bizness will close on its own without your help sef grin
I currently have a lot on my plate, but a straight thinking business man will take advantage of the situation and make more profit on the long run while doing the same thing at a cheaper rate!
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by onyengbu: 7:37pm On Feb 27, 2013
Nov1ce:
I currently have a lot on my plate, but a straight thinking business man will take advantage of the situation and make more profit on the long run while doing the same thing at a cheaper rate!
My friend theres a lot you cant just see from outside...you need to be on the inside to understand it.
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by Nov1ce(m): 12:27pm On Feb 28, 2013
onye_ngbu*:

My friend theres a lot you cant just see from outside...you need to be on the inside to understand it.
I get you, but my point is that the margin between cost and what is being charged is too wide...
And the truth is that it's just because of ignorance of the average joe on the street!
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by moutew: 2:26pm On Sep 15, 2015
CUT YOUR PRINTING COST By 50% WITH GENUINE & CHEAPEST TONER CARTRIDGES!

HUES TONERS are High Quality and Guaranteed Ink Toner Cartridges Compatible with the most Popular LaserJets and

Inkjets Printers in the world like HP Printers; Lexmark Printers; Samsung Printers; Epson Printers; Sharp Printers etc

HUES TONERS are a Premium Quality Inks which aim at providing the best experience in Printing for Organizations,

Companies and Individuals.

-We always try to understand the needs of our customers and offer the best solution based on their needs and

requirements.

- We have Proudly been able to Provide solutions to many Organizations, Banks and Companies which resulted in reducing

their Printing Costs by around 50% without compromising the Quality and Finishing of their Prints and Publications.

Product Guaranteed
- Manufactured to strict standards and tested for print quality and performance standard.
- 100% guarantee to perform very sharp with clear, sharp, highest printing

Price Guaranteed
- We offer the best prices of compatible laser-jet cartridges guaranteed!
- Our price is the lowest you will ever find in the market.
- You save up to 50% of your printing coast without compromising the print quality.

Lifetime Guaranteed
- We are confident in our products' performances and yields.
- If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase for any reason, you can return the purchase for as full refund of

your purchase price.

DEALERS ARE URGENTLY NEEDED!
ORDER NOW AND ENJOY 50% REDUCTION FROM YOUR PRINTING COSTS!

https://www.nairaland.com/2265831/cut-printing-cost-50-genuine#32897320

THANKS!
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by femi4: 2:32pm On Sep 15, 2015
econome:
...But why 9ice said PHOTOCOPY KO EASY?
cos photocopy can't be better than the original
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by moutew: 6:54pm On Apr 17, 2016

HUES TONERS are High Quality and Guaranteed Ink Toner Cartridges Compatible with the most Popular LaserJets and

Inkjets Printers in the world like HP Printers; Lexmark Printers; Samsung Printers; Epson Printers; Sharp Printers etc

HUES TONERS are a Premium Quality Inks which aim at providing the best experience in Printing for Organizations,

-We always try to understand the needs of our customers and offer the best solution based on their needs and

requirements.

- We have Proudly been able to Provide solutions to many Organizations, Banks and Companies which resulted in reducing

their Printing Costs by around 50% without compromising the Quality and Finishing of their Prints and Publications.

Product Guaranteed
- Manufactured to strict standards and tested for print quality and performance standard.

Price Guaranteed
- You save up to 50% of your printing coast without compromising the print quality.

Lifetime Guaranteed
- If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase for any reason, you can return the purchase for as full refund of

your purchase price.

THANKS!
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by moutew: 7:32pm On Apr 17, 2016

requirements.

Product Guaranteed

Price Guaranteed

Lifetime Guaranteed

your purchase price.

THANKS!
Re: Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy. by Acidosis(m): 1:33pm On Nov 26, 2019
A lot of reasons;

1. Photocopy requires a photocopier (only).

2. Printing requires a printer, a set of computer and sometimes internet and virus-infested usb connections. So who is going to pay for a deteriorating shelf-life? Government?

3. Printing requires operational skills. Printing as easy as it seems, require a level of skill. Not every computer literate can print certain documents and skill acquisition isn't free. Photocopying requires little or no skill.

4. Don't dwell on the ink and paper. Scanning cost more and it requires no ink/paper. Should business centres now scan for N1 because you can't see beyond ink and paper?

If you want to do all for free, go and get a data processing training and your equipment. Life isn't that hard. However, there's a lot you don't know about this business.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Get Your Smadav Antivirus Activated For Life (pro) / How To Fix Sound Problem On Laptop / Choosing The Right Laptop For Gaming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.