Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Have Ever Felt Held Down In Your Sleep That You Cant Even Scream - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have Ever Felt Held Down In Your Sleep That You Cant Even Scream (1537 Views)

Video Of Pastor Caught Pants Down Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman / Pastor Caught Pants Down While Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman.. Photos / "I Held Meetings With Snakes..." - Peterside Idah, ex-Eagles Goalkeeper! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have Ever Felt Held Down In Your Sleep That You Cant Even Scream by darichlife: 12:07am On Feb 24, 2013
I'm not very happy with the way these forces hold me down in the mid morning between 3-4am, wen it starts i wil try to scream but nothin wil happen the force wil just get stronger and dip. As i just remember The name JESUS it would just flea without much force. Anybody have idea on what i should do to prevent this cos it disturbs my sleep
Re: Have Ever Felt Held Down In Your Sleep That You Cant Even Scream by Nobody: 12:14am On Feb 24, 2013
*subscribed* it happens to me aswell.
Re: Have Ever Felt Held Down In Your Sleep That You Cant Even Scream by Detonatorrex(m): 12:24am On Feb 24, 2013
according to science,it's termed 'sleep paralysis'.it happens when the brain is awake but the body is still asleep..on the other hand,the more spiritual people call it 'pressing'At a time i used to experience it but after i prayed about it,by God's grace it stopped and now i sleep and wake like a babysmiley
Re: Have Ever Felt Held Down In Your Sleep That You Cant Even Scream by IKO1(m): 8:16am On Feb 24, 2013
[qling to grant it to you. But, if your
intention is not pure, then the answer may yet be long in coming.
You really need to settle this issue of
uote author=Detonator-rex]according to science,it's termed 'sleep paralysis'.it happens when the brain is awake but the body is still asleep..on the other hand,the more spiritual people call it 'pressing'At a time i used to experience it but afteling to grant it to you. But, if your
r i prayed about it,by God's grace it stopped and now i sleep and wake like a baby:ling to grant it to you. But, if your
)[/quote]ling to grant it to you. But, if your
your are right
Re: Have Ever Felt Held Down In Your Sleep That You Cant Even Scream by Yvete(f): 9:27am On Feb 24, 2013
Heard its called sleep paralysis.

I experienced a lot of this sometime towards the end of last year when I started getting real close to God. Its a spiritual attack IMO. Keep praying and annoit yourself before you sleep and it will flee. Early on, I used to fret, but what I learned is to relax and continously plead the blood of Jesus with faith that he's got your back. It stops when you overcome.
Re: Have Ever Felt Held Down In Your Sleep That You Cant Even Scream by HarvardGrad: 7:50pm On Feb 24, 2013
Yvete: Heard its called sleep paralysis.

I experienced a lot of this sometime towards the end of last year when I started getting real close to God. Its a spiritual attack IMO. Keep praying and annoit yourself before you sleep and it will flee. Early on, I used to fret, but what I learned is to relax and continously plead the blood of Jesus with faith that he's got your back. It stops when you overcome.

Nigerians and the way they reason, smh. You lot need to read up about 'sleep', Not everything is from the supposed witches from your village. No wonder the so-called 'men of god' abi na 'god of men' are living it large at the expense of the gullible masses.

Merely judging from the sample size here, doesn't it seem to happen to everyone and therefore might just be a normal physiological occurrence, just like you taking a leak, breathing etc? Hello!. No be only spiritual attack, na operation desert storm.
Re: Have Ever Felt Held Down In Your Sleep That You Cant Even Scream by Nobody: 5:11am On Feb 25, 2013
From a similar thread:
Evil Brain: Its called sleep paralysis and its perfectly normal.

When you are asleep, you brain normally paralyzes all your muscles. This is so that when you dream, you don't start acting action film and punch or kick your wife/girlfriend sleeping beside you. This paralysis (called muscle hypotonia) is usually turned off as you wake up. Sometimes however, you might wake up while the paralysis is still on, making you feel that you can't move or that something is pressing you into the bed. It usually lasts just a few seconds and stops immediately you're stimulated, e.g. if someone touches you or if you hear a sound.

Because this experience can be scary for those who don't know what it is, the greedy, corrupt pastors have taken advantage of it to scare people and make them seek protection against the "evil spirits that are responsible".

But there are no evil spirits, it is perfectly normal, and it happens to everybody. So don't worry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

If you'd rather hold on to long-held superstitions and flip the scientific explanation out the window, that's your cup of tea...
Re: Have Ever Felt Held Down In Your Sleep That You Cant Even Scream by potentpraise: 8:31am On Feb 25, 2013
darichlife: I'm not very happy with the way these forces hold me down in the mid morning between 3-4am, wen it starts i wil try to scream but nothin wil happen the force wil just get stronger and dip. As i just remember The name JESUS it would just flea without much force. Anybody have idea on what i should do to prevent this cos it disturbs my sleep

It is body numbness.
Its not an attack,but sometime it might comes as a Lucid dreams where you are awake and it looks like you are dreaming of someone pressing you down. It also happens when you are awake, but can't move any of your body parts.

The reason is usually the way you sleep and the air available for you to breath in where you sleep. If the way you (posture)sleep cut circulation of blood or air to your body parts, your brain sense it and it will wake you up.
It all have to do with air and blood circulation. You will noticed that it does not happen when you are awake and if it does happen, its probably when you are sitting or laying down.

Your body might also be lacking some vitamins like vitamin c, and you might also need some daily or weekly exercise to reduce the effect. If you sleep sideways you should be fine.

You should check this forum and see what people say. An article from yahoo gave some medical reasons and you can check it here If i get more info i will let you know
Re: Have Ever Felt Held Down In Your Sleep That You Cant Even Scream by potentpraise: 8:44am On Feb 25, 2013
Here is another article

Why Do Hands Go Numb While Sleeping?

If you are routinely waking at night with numb hands, you may have a problem. Occasionally, the numbness can be explained easily if you are lying on your hands or arms when you sleep. If this is not the case for you, then you may have an underlying disease or other condition that is leading to hand numbness.

Nerve Damage

If you have sustained an injury to the nerves in your hands, or the nerves have been damaged by disease, this can result in numbness. You may not feel these other symptoms because you are asleep. Numbness is generally preceded by a pins-and-needles sensation or a burning or prickling feeling. These sensations are considered paresthesias. Numbness is not paralysis because you can still move your hand but you have experienced loss of sensation.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

If you are waking up with numb hands, this is a good indication that you may be suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome, also known as repetitive strain injury, according to Mycarpaltunnel.com. If you make the same movements with your hands over and over again during the course of the day, this can take its toll.

Carpal Tunnel and Other Conditions

CPS or RSI is a disorder that can spread into the elbow, neck and shoulder or result in other concerns such as thoracic outlet syndrome or even aggravation of fibromyalgia. Certain conditions can be crippling and prevent you from doing your job.

Diseases Causing Numbness in Hands

Numb hands can be a symptom of numerous diseases, including but not limited to, Guillain-Barre syndrome, Type 2 diabetes, Raynaud's disease, Siogren's syndrome, HIV or AIDS, syphilis, ulnar nerve compression and alcoholism.

Homeopathic Approach

Before you can effectively treat your numb hands, get a diagnosis so that you know what you're dealing with, according to Nativeremedies.com. Homeopathic remedies exist that reportedly not only treat the symptom (numbness) but the underlying condition. Homeopathic remedies are believed by some to be very helpful in healing damaged nerves. Ask your physician or herbalist about using magnesium phosphate, kalium phosphate and ferrum phosphoricum, all of which are biochemic tissue salts. Do not take magnesium sulfate, kalium phosphate or ferrum phosphoricum without first consulting with your health care provider. Native remedies.com reports that these salts assist in the nutritional needs of your nerves and your brain while additionally encouraging systemic balance in your total nervous system.

(1) (Reply)

I Dont Thm / Traditional Religionists Should Build TEMPLES Like In The Old Days!!! / God Of Chosen At It Again!!! Strikes Two Ritual Killers Dead Via Thunder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.