Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

What Do You Think About This Family Situation, Advice Please - I Am 18? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Do You Think About This Family Situation, Advice Please - I Am 18? (756 Views)

A Brief On “moral Decadence: The Nigeria Situation” / What People Think About Certain Reflex Behaviours. / What Do U Think About The Illuminati, Freemasonry E.t.c; Do They Even Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About This Family Situation, Advice Please - I Am 18? by Nobody: 1:30am On Feb 24, 2013
Bad things about my immediate family

Dad is perverted i.e. looking at my butt when he thought I was not looking. He is also an OCD, anxiety ridden freak who says cruel things to me i.e. I am "ruined" and my mother. My mum weak jealous, competitive (of/with me) weak minded person who is no role model to me what so ever, and almost ruined my life with her bad advice. There used to be issues of domestic violence, family problems in my house. My brothers are fair weathered friends.

Good points
Excellent financial support, good emotional support sometimes i.e. advice, home work help etc

They are not bad people / bad parents / bad family.. BUT my spirit doesn't testify and I don't feel 100% comfortable, I am not happy around them and when I am away from them I feel happier... and I can't trust them, I have forgiven them and I am not angry at them - I just don't want them anymore.
Re: What Do You Think About This Family Situation, Advice Please - I Am 18? by Nobody: 1:35am On Feb 24, 2013
but i have emotional ties there
Re: What Do You Think About This Family Situation, Advice Please - I Am 18? by Caracta(f): 1:48am On Feb 24, 2013
Hmmm. So sad. But what kind of advice do you need? What's on your mind? What step do you want to take?
Re: What Do You Think About This Family Situation, Advice Please - I Am 18? by Nobody: 1:54am On Feb 24, 2013
thanks for caring, i just wanted to know what is a "normal" family supposed to be like, especially a normal igbo family.. i grew up in london so i dont know, im just so confused...just want to know what a normal family should be like and how i can acheive that
Re: What Do You Think About This Family Situation, Advice Please - I Am 18? by Caracta(f): 2:00am On Feb 24, 2013
We all have issues...either minor or major. However, i am not Igbo. Let others comment. I wish you the best. Stay strong. Let go of the past and draw strength from within. You can be happy if you choose to. Cheers cheesy
Re: What Do You Think About This Family Situation, Advice Please - I Am 18? by slimyem: 2:26am On Feb 24, 2013
They are your parents.You can't change that.You can't change them.Learn to love and accept them the way they are.
About your dad being perverted,are you sure you are not the one seeing what is not?
If that actually happens..the checking out your bum thing,I assume you are an adult so you should have nothing to worry about.
All families have their own issues and there is no stereotype or formular for "normal families"
If you don't feel happy around them,spend more time away.
You say you don't want them anymore as if they are some kind of toy you can change, throw away or donate at will..undecided
They are humans like you with faults.Accept those faults as a part of them and learn to live with or manage it.
All the best!
Re: What Do You Think About This Family Situation, Advice Please - I Am 18? by ba7man(m): 8:30am On Feb 27, 2013
@ OP. You need to develop interests that will divert your attention from the negatives in the family. You can look for a hobby, a job, a new skill to learn. You also need someone you can be close enough to confide in....Preferably an older female. All the best.

(1) (Reply)

How Long Ve U Bin Here? / Most Wanted Nigerian Food 2013 / What's The First Word You Picked Up From The Other Tribe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.