Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,955 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Natural Hair Products - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Natural Hair Products (4034 Views)

My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Recommend Hair Products / Pro 10 Hair Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Natural Hair Products by nanidee(f): 2:04am On Feb 24, 2013
Hi guys, I have been reading the last topic on natural hair, and have also tried to find good products for natural hair on the threads, but so far,no luck. I just love the natural hair pictures to the extent that I am even considering going natural.

Please post nice products for natural hair and how they are used. It would really help lots of people smiley
Re: Natural Hair Products by nanidee(f): 4:29pm On Feb 24, 2013
Na wa for you people oooo... 24 views, no comments? angry

So does it mean that all 24 people that peeked in here are not rocking their natural hair? And if that's the case, why peek into the thread then? undecided

Make una nor make me vex for here ooo angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Natural Hair Products by madamebebe(f): 12:07am On Feb 25, 2013
Go on youtube dear and type in natural hair products...

Personally I use all natural oils: coconut, jojoba, castor, vitamin e, olive, shea butter etc.

I mix it all together and use it as hair cream. I make sure I spray my hair with water before applying the cream. You would need to buy a tiny spray bottle ..

Just go on youtube and watch different videos to help you.. kiss
Re: Natural Hair Products by mrshk(f): 12:23am On Feb 25, 2013
Hi,

I recently cut my hair and I'm learning to maintain natural hair; you can get a lot of info from blogs and hair forums. I love thekinkyapothecary..com, naturalnigerian.com, africannaturalista.com etc

Personally the products I use;
Shampoo: ors aloe shampoo ( this is not sulfate free)
Conditioner: dark and lovely cholestorol , ors hair mayonnaise, v05 moisture milks conditioner ( I use this one for cowashing)
Moisturiser: elasta qp olive and mango butter, ors hairepair anti breakage creme
I use natural oils like coconut, olive, castor etc after using moisturiser to seal in moisture.

A lot of natural ladies avoid products with mineral oil, petrolatum and silicones.

For me I feel it has been more about learning how to take care of my hair using this products because good products are useless when not used right.

Hope this helps!
Re: Natural Hair Products by nanidee(f): 9:37pm On Feb 26, 2013
madame_bebe: Go on youtube dear and type in natural hair products...

Personally I use all natural oils: coconut, jojoba, castor, vitamin e, olive, shea butter etc.

I mix it all together and use it as hair cream. I make sure I spray my hair with water before applying the cream. You would need to buy a tiny spray bottle ..

Just go on youtube and watch different videos to help you.. kiss

awww... thank you so much dear. I really appreciate your reply. i checked out lots of videos on youtube, and it makes me so excited about natural hair cheesy

Unfortunately, my hair is newly retouched, so i will wait for a while, but trust me, i'm loving natural hair. Thanks again, you are awesome kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Natural Hair Products by nanidee(f): 9:45pm On Feb 26, 2013
mrshk: Hi,

I recently cut my hair and I'm learning to maintain natural hair; you can get a lot of info from blogs and hair forums. I love thekinkyapothecary..com, naturalnigerian.com, africannaturalista.com etc

Personally the products I use;
Shampoo: ors aloe shampoo ( this is not sulfate free)
Conditioner: dark and lovely cholestorol , ors hair mayonnaise, v05 moisture milks conditioner ( I use this one for cowashing)
Moisturiser: elasta qp olive and mango butter, ors hairepair anti breakage creme
I use natural oils like coconut, olive, castor etc after using moisturiser to seal in moisture.

A lot of natural ladies avoid products with mineral oil, petrolatum and silicones.

For me I feel it has been more about learning how to take care of my hair using this products because good products are useless when not used right.

Hope this helps!

Hello dear,

The websites really did help. there's a wealth of information on the internet about natural hair, and its so amazing. Did you do a big chop, or you just cut off the retouched bit? I am considering not applying relaxers to my hair again, but i dont know if it would count as much as if I actually cut it short.

But am definitely liking the natural hairs I have been seeing so far cool

You and madame_bebe definitely rock wink
Re: Natural Hair Products by mrshk(f): 11:08am On Feb 28, 2013
nanidee:

Hello dear,

The websites really did help. there's a wealth of information on the internet about natural hair, and its so amazing. Did you do a big chop, or you just cut off the retouched bit? I am considering not applying relaxers to my hair again, but i dont know if it would count as much as if I actually cut it short.

But am definitely liking the natural hairs I have been seeing so far cool

You and madame_bebe definitely rock wink

The last time I retouched was in nov and I cut in jan so I had about 1.5inches or so of new growth. I think it's a personal choice as to how you chose to transition, for me it wasn't planned cos my hair was really damaged and had fallen out in certain places. I have seen blogs where people go as long as 2 years without retouching before finally cutting off because they don't like or feel short hair won't suit them. Check out loveyourtresses.com I think she's gone over a yr without relaxer and hasn't cut off all relaxed ends. You just need to learn to take care of both textures to avoid hair breaking until you're ready to cut.

Truly there's loads of info on the web, that what I mostly look at on the Internet now. Hubs says I'm obsessed cheesy

take care x
Re: Natural Hair Products by sophy09: 5:23pm On Feb 28, 2013
I cut my hair as well and I am using caroline daughter products. It gives my hair this natural and curly look. You should try it.
Re: Natural Hair Products by nanidee(f): 5:41pm On Mar 01, 2013
^^^ I googled it. Is it the same as 'carol's daughter'? because most of the information i got was on Carol's daughter, i did not really find 'caroline daughter? I am really willing to try out stuff to know which will work perfectly for me. I love the sound of 'curly look' wink

@ mrshk, thanks for reverting back to me. I checked out the site and her youtube channel, and her hair looks so gorgeous. (im so jealous shocked). I am definitely going natural cheesy, but i want to cut my hair though, i want a new look, and i will watch how my hair progresses, because right now, my hair is pretty damaged. Some parts are so long, and some parts are quite short.

I have decided to cut everything, get a new look and take good care of my hair too. Cant wait to start wink
Re: Natural Hair Products by sophy09: 11:40pm On Mar 01, 2013
yeah it is carol's daughter and it gives that soft curl look. Look it up on youtube and you will surprise at some of the outcome you come across.
Re: Natural Hair Products by nanidee(f): 11:00pm On Mar 02, 2013
I am interested in trying out some of the products, however, I have read the reviews on the products, and some say they are very good products, others say its just overpriced.

Which of their products do you use, and how short is your hair?
Re: Natural Hair Products by Bimbosl: 12:21am On May 01, 2017
I use M.E leave in conditioner, Carrot oil and black soap shampoo
I ordered this on @mayessenceskincare on IG
Re: Natural Hair Products by flakeStar: 3:18pm On May 01, 2017
nanidee:
Na wa for you people oooo... 24 views, no comments? angry

So does it mean that all 24 people that peeked in here are not rocking their natural hair? And if that's the case, why peek into the thread then? undecided

Make una nor make me vex for here ooo angry angry angry angry angry angry
Lol!!
This is what I use

Re: Natural Hair Products by blessedqueen(f): 3:58am On May 03, 2017
You can try cosmic organic products they are very nice it cleans dandruff,softens, makes ur hair dark, stops hair breakage it has this soothing relief, makes ur hair shine even without using hair cream and it helps your hair grow. Its pure organic no sulfur or any sort of chemical.call, text or whatsapp us

Re: Natural Hair Products by ThatKING(m): 12:42am On Feb 03, 2018
nanidee:
Hi guys, I have been reading the last topic on natural hair, and have also tried to find good products for natural hair on the threads, but so far,no luck. I just love the natural hair pictures to the extent that I am even considering going natural.

Please post nice products for natural hair and how they are used. It would really help lots of people smiley
why r u still awake ? U should b in bed grin
Re: Natural Hair Products by Stolidp(f): 7:54am On Jan 19, 2020

(1) (Reply)

6 Simple Steps To Achieve That Flawless Eyebrows / Meet Mr World 2012_two Words SMOKING HOT / Ladies: Jumia Hottest Trending Gown Right Now...dont Miss It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.