Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

A Real-life Question For A Psychologist - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Real-life Question For A Psychologist (942 Views)

What Psychologist Thinks About Peoples Behavior (pic) / 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy / Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Real-life Question For A Psychologist by kay9(m): 2:45pm On Feb 24, 2013
There's something bugging me, been bugging for a long time actually...
Used to be, in the past, i find that i always feel kinda offended whenever i read/hear a man/guy/male being insulted or yabbed or taunted or whatever, by a woman.I feel like i'm the one those things are being said to. Anybody else ever feel like that?

Just so u understand what i mean, this feeling of emotional hurt is totally independent of WHY the guy is getting his bacon toasted - it doesn't matter what he wrote or said AT ALL! As long as its a guy getting thrashd by a gurl, mehnn, my incredible hulk starts growling. Even if i eventually realise the guy was wrong, i still remember it and ACTIVELY look for the first opportunity to get ''revenge''. grin
I actually feel that way, but to a much lesser degree, when its a guy thrash-talking a woman. I generally stay away from woman-woman exchanges; they're just too messy. wink

So... There i said it. I'm not really that way anymore; it still hurts, but i just try and forget it. Generally i just walk away from online exchanges now - not worth the bandwidth. Other times i just throw in a sharp rejoinder and say 'Shalom' cool

Sooooo... Anyone else feel this way about things? A psychologist, maybe, can u tell me why i feel this way? Replies, replies...
Re: A Real-life Question For A Psychologist by Tgirl4real(f): 7:22pm On Feb 24, 2013
Lol

Where have u been? Is this another sign of boredom?

Well, to ur post, I guess it's a mindset thing.
The mindset that says women are always wrong no matter the circumstance.

The mindset that says a woman should never talk back to a man.

The mindset that says women should be quiet when men are talking and so on. A very wrong mindset I must tell u.

Now that u are more enlightened, your mindset is changing and u are beginning to see such actions less offensive. grin
Re: A Real-life Question For A Psychologist by tpia5: 8:09pm On Feb 24, 2013
men generally are more protective of themselves (or their interests), than women are of fellow females.
Re: A Real-life Question For A Psychologist by kay9(m): 8:29pm On Feb 24, 2013
@Tg, hellooo smiley
No, i'm not bored. Just felt like posting again.
I'm more ''enlightened'' now, u say? Mmm. Mmmmmmh. Ok, i shall ponder upon it later at leisure. Mmm.

@tpia, i'm a little flattered that you find time to comment on my thread. I'm trying to remember what i used to dislike about u... smiley
''Men are generally more protective of themselves...''; really? I actually think it's women who are like that. You got any facts to back this up?
Re: A Real-life Question For A Psychologist by tpia5: 9:08pm On Feb 24, 2013
^you're one of the people i hate most on this forum, however, that doesnt mean i have to cuss you out anytime i post on a thread opened by you.
Re: A Real-life Question For A Psychologist by kay9(m): 11:10pm On Feb 24, 2013
tpia... smiley i wasn't cussing u out, i meant what i said. I am flattered. That part about what i used to dislike was just a tease. I'm sorry u misunderstood. And I was really interested in why u thought men band together more than woman; i assumed u'd read a journal or survey or something... U always used to have a link or two to back up your views.

So... Will u tell me why u think so now?
Re: A Real-life Question For A Psychologist by tpia5: 12:46am On Feb 25, 2013
no biggie, just explaining my commenting on a post doesnt mean i like whoever started the thread, or the folks posting there.

people seem to assume such, dont know why. I guess for some, they only post if they like the postees or whatever.

on the banding thing- its just what i noticed, i'm sure there might be written research somewhere if i look for it.
Re: A Real-life Question For A Psychologist by Tgirl4real(f): 11:12am On Feb 25, 2013
tpia@:
^you're one of the people i hate most on this forum, however, that doesnt mean i have to cuss you out anytime i post on a thread opened by you.

Isn't dat a strong word to use? Well, may be u don't mean 'hate' in d real sense of the word.

I believe no one is unlovable.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cameroonpride's Girlfriend In Cameroon / Picture Of Girl Raped And Torture / Childhood Was The Best Part Of Our Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.