Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Ignosticism - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ignosticism (667 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ignosticism by yorubaamerican(m): 3:19pm On Feb 24, 2013
Have any of you ever heard of ignosticism (not agnosticism)? Tell me what you think about the position.

1 Like

Re: Ignosticism by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 24, 2013
i think it's a very rational view of things.

before we can say if God is real we should ask ourselves "what is God"?

i don't consider it to be part of atheism as ignosticism basically pertains to the belief that people/religions over think the concept of God by setting rules, giving him/her names and claiming those names are the only TRUE names for him/her, etc.

In a way I agree. I think life is meant to be much more simpler than we make it.
I do believe in God, which to me is the creator of all things but I don't believe in religion...speaking of religion, this thread should be in that section. wink
Re: Ignosticism by yorubaamerican(m): 3:34pm On Feb 25, 2013
MsDarkSkin: i think it's a very rational view of things.

before we can say if God is real we should ask ourselves "what is God"?

i don't consider it to be part of atheism as ignosticism basically pertains to the belief that people/religions over think the concept of God by setting rules, giving him/her names and claiming those names are the only TRUE names for him/her, etc.

In a way I agree. I think life is meant to be much more simpler than we make it.
I do believe in God, which to me is the creator of all things but I don't believe in religion...speaking of religion, this thread should be in that section. wink

It is...thanks for your comment.
Re: Ignosticism by ifyalways(f): 12:49pm On Feb 26, 2013
I think there is a relationship between ignosticism,atheism and agnosticism somehow.The atheist says there is no god,the agnostic says there is no way to find out if god truly exists while the ignoisti is the most confused of the lot,he says "there is no agreement to what god actually is for me to determine whether I know or believe if one exists"

whatever rocks anyones boat.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's First Online Cultural Art Website Opens Website #ASIRI / A Mother Speaks... / What You May Not Know About Nigerians By Tpia1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.