Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,850 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Top 10 Blackberry Apps You Must Try Out. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top 10 Blackberry Apps You Must Try Out. (2870 Views)

Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone / Blackberry Apps Full Registration Codes (non-pin Related)! / Unlock All Blackberry Apps (activation Codes) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Blackberry Apps You Must Try Out. by Nobody: 9:19am On Feb 25, 2013
There are a couple of apps that are a must have for blackberry users. Note that some apps are data intensive. They are also all free apps.

1. miRoamer Radio: This app allows streaming of over 5,000 radio channels from around the world. You can listen to music of any genre you want. From Latin to hiphop to house etc. It also features streaming of a couple of Nigerian stations one of which is Beat FM in lagos. It works over BIS so it is a great addition for folks with unlimited data bundles and music lovers.

My Rating: 5 stars.

2. Shazam: Quite a popular app. The app shows you the name, artiste and album art of any song playing either on your radio or TV. You simply jst place ur fone close to your TV or radio while the song is playing your fone listens to the song and returns with the correct details of the song. Sounds unbelievable right? It uses advanced technology. It works over BIS network. Note that the free version allows only 5 tags per month and to tag songs unlimited u will need to buy the app for about $6 from the app world.

My Rating: 4 stars. It allows only 5 tags per month on the free version

3. Skyfm radio: This is also another radio streaming app that features sky fm stations. It's particularly useful for those who like non mainstream genre like Jazz, alternative, salsa,techno etc as it features many of these stations. It has a free version as well as a Premium version that contains more stations. It works over BIS

My rating: 5 stars

4. UC browser: For those who like to download content, UC browser just does it for me. It allows you to download multiple content at once and has pause and resume features for your downloads. It's not such a good browser (compared to Opera or the default browser) but has a wonderful download manager. It works over BIS too but u shud check the network setting and activate BIS network only so it doesn't remove your airtime.

My rating: 4 stars. The menus could be better.

5. XPRSS: This is an RSS feed reader that works over BIS for automatic downloads of RSS feeds. Many website include Nigerian sites have RSS feeds. You just have to search for them. You can get RSS from our various nigerian newspapers and turn this app into your newspaper boy that gets news for you on demand.

6. Baamboo Player: This app is a very lite app similar to the OS 7.1 default media player. It has a simple menu and also allows the tagging of songs and automatic download of lyrics to foreign songs. It does NOT work over BIS.

My Rating: 4 stars. The simple interface won my heart but the app can be updated do work over BIS.

7. XPRSS: This is an RSS feed reader that download RSS feeds from various website. Many Nigerian sites now have RSS feeds including Nigerian newspapers. You can turn this app into your newspaper or magazine boy that gets news and magazines for you on demand.It works over BIS.

8. Akpos Jokes: To does who love akpos and his weirdness, this app does it for you. It even allows you to add your joke and include whatever atrocity u think akpos may be involved in. It works over BIS.

My Rating: 4 stars. Some of the jokes are already common knowledge.

9. GTBank: This is GT bank's mobile money app. It allows you to perform transaction right from your mobile fone. Transfers, airtime recharge, pay bills etc. You will have to download the app from their website. And register at a GTB branch to link the app to your account. It works over BIS

My Rating: 4 Stars. I don't a 4 pin code is secure enough to protect the app on my fone that can be picked up by anyone.

10. 7digital: This app allows you to preview top UK and U.S songs before purchase and download them. The previews typically last about 25secs. A song typically costs $0.99 dollars and an album $15. You can pay with your mastercard or visa card. It allows you to preview over BIS.

My Rating: 5 stars
Re: Top 10 Blackberry Apps You Must Try Out. by illswift(m): 9:37am On Feb 25, 2013
jis circles around radio and music majorly, is that all there is 2 blackberry applications??
Re: Top 10 Blackberry Apps You Must Try Out. by maximale: 9:40am On Feb 25, 2013
~ More Blackberry apps for Download ~
iSkoot for Skype (BlackBerry) : With iSkoot for Skype, you can make & receive Skype calls, chat, and use SkypeOut to call regular numbers anywhere in the world. And with the newly enhanced feature set, now you can easily place SkypeOut calls to anyone in your general address book, and enjoy cool new Skype chat features like emoticons and multi-party chat.

Repligo PDF Reader : Repligo is the no.1 PDF reader for Blackberry devices. Its reading view setting enables the pdf file fit your screen perfectly, eliminating the need to zoom around the document.

Operamini 7 : The fastest browsing experience available for your phone or tablet . Opera's rendering speed and efficient controls put it ahead of other browsers. Surf the web on mobile devices as easily as on a desktop computer. Whichever phone or tablet you have, a smooth user experience awaits.

Player for Youtube : Player for YouTube allows you to browse, play, search, share and bookmark YouTube videos on your BlackBerry device with a very easy to use interface.

XPRSS rss reader for Blackberry : XPRSS is a free, fast and highly customizable reader, pre-installed with several categories and feeds. It comes with optimized BIS connection, provided support for non-standard feeds and fixed minor bugs.

GTBank Mobile Money App : Mobile Money is a convenient, secure and affordable way to send money to friends and family from your mobile phone. With Mobile money, all phone users can transfer funds to any recipient in Nigeria and also pay for goods and services with their mobile phones.

(1) (Reply)

Nokia Tested Android On Lumia Devices Before The Microsoft Deal / How To Hack My Nokia E65 / Glo Recharge Cards Are Inferior And Their Customer Service Is Useless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.