Stats: 3,154,052 members, 7,821,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested (4470 Views)

Registered 2007 Mercedez R-class Bought Brand New / TOKS 2007 Model .4 MATIC Merc-benz R 350 For Sale....... / 2008 C Class 350 A.M.G Package ( Car That Talks With Human ) (2) (3) (4)

2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by inspiredm(m): 1:28am On Mar 18, 2008
I don't know how to start describing this,

2007 Black Mercedez R 350

Germany has done it again, they are truly the best auto makers.

what doesn't this van have ? Nothing

Bullet Proof

6,000 miles

Keyless Entry, ( Fingerprint Entry )

Keyless Ignition.

Navigation.

For the likes of Chairman/CEO, Ministers, Governors, Pastors, Ex Presidents, Prominent Traditional rulers, Senators, and My Humble self grin

Price is 7.2million Naira ONLY

Interested ? call 08023050886 or email via inspired_men@yahoo.com

Re: 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by inspiredm(m): 2:20am On Mar 18, 2008
Just for the VIPs that knows the True Worth, Its a Mercedes Benz Auto we're talking about.

Re: 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by nkc(m): 10:37am On Mar 18, 2008
grin, my cheque go soon clear, then we will know who is who
Re: 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by Emperoh(m): 11:37am On Mar 18, 2008
This guy nawa ooh
Who one come begin price this one here
Anyway when I become First Bank MD na that one go be my Official Car grin grin
Re: 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by brauneyes: 3:10pm On Mar 19, 2008
@inspired
My bros,
how can you claim that the R class is bullet proof and you want to offer it for 7.2Million Naira.
My bros YOU LIE. Armoring that vehicle would cost up to $100,000 due to the size and the number of glass windows it has.
When a bullet is fired at a sheet of bullet-resistant glass, it can pierce the exterior layer of glass, but the strong polycarbonate layer is able to absorb the bullet's energy and stop it before it can pierce the inner layer of glass. The polycarbonate laminate is designed to spread the force of the bullet laterally across the entire window. Instead of splintering upon impact, the non-spalling design of the glass actually allows it to absorb the incoming force and reflect it back in the opposite direction.

This transparent armor offers excellent protection against various ballistic threats and physical attacks. It meets or exceeds all UL 752 and NIJ 0108-01 requirements, ensuring the highest level of quality and performance. Bullet-proof glass can be cut and/or drilled to facilitate any framing system. It can also be curved or flat without losing any optical clarity and has excellent residual vision after an attack.
My people RESIST from feeding our fellow country men with lies all in the name of making a sale.

Re: 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by inspiredm(m): 4:05pm On Mar 19, 2008
Before accusing me My brother, I would have appreciated your suggestion of a real time experiment on this Vehicle.

There are 2 types of armoring,, Transparent Armour & Opaque Armour.

Armoring a car with Bullet proofs has levels, with different velocity, Grains and Bullet types, cost of each type vary. ranging from $20,000 - $200,000 depending on the type of armour level, and the type of vehicle either sedan, SUV etc.

The Protection levels are as follows

European B4 NIJ IIIA

European B6 NIJ III

European B7 NIJ IV.

The Bullet Types are

Full Metal (copper) Jacket

Semi-wad Cutter, Gas Checked

Soft (lead) Point

FMJ with Lead Core

Armor Piercing (FMJ with Special Core)

However, it would have been more Appreciable to ask for the type of Armour this vehicle is equipped with before accusing me.

And as regards the Low price despite the Armoured Option, Im not a greedy dealer, the quick turnover is enough for me grin

Thank you
Re: 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by brauneyes: 4:31pm On Mar 19, 2008
As the name implies Transparent Armoring is used for the transparent pirce of the vehicle, e.g glass windows.
Opaque armoring is used to protect the passenger compartment of the vehicle as well as the firewall, battery, and fuel tank.
Because flat tire mobility is essential to an armored vehicle, each vehicle is also equipped with run-flat tire inserts.
Manufactured from a lightweight ballistic composite that reduces friction and heat buildup inside a flat tire, run-flat tires feature ceramic inserts that allow safe driving even when one to all of the tires are completely deflated. This enables the vehicle to maintain mobility for 20-30 miles without damage and/or tire-wheel imbalances. This also allows the driver to maintain control of the vehicle and facilitate a fast get-away from an attack until the tire(s) can be changed at a safe location.
Which of the following is equipped in your car?
There is no way in the world you are going to get all these protection for $20,000.
That vehicle costs about $75,000 for an 07 model with about 6000miles. That is not including shipping and clearing in Lagos.
How come you could offer it for 7.2Million, is there something you are not telling us?
Re: 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by brauneyes: 4:42pm On Mar 19, 2008
To further confirm my fears, i called my dealer at Mercedes Benz and he told me what i thought. R350 is a V6 vehicle.
YOU CANNOT ARMORIZE V6 vehicles, they would not have the power after all the plates are put on them.
Armored vehicles MUST be V8 and above.
Re: 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by inspiredm(m): 5:01pm On Mar 19, 2008
@ brauneyes

YOU'RE WRONG WRONG WRONG !!!!!!

a V6 vehicle can be armoured,

Check this http://www.alpha-armouring.com/armoured-cars/stock/ check the Mercedes Benz G-320L CDI Automatic, V6 Diesel engine 4x4 SUV and the

Toyota-Land Cruiser 100 Executive Automatic, 6Cyl.diesel engine 4x4 SUV

Please be extensive on your research before accusing Innocent souls.

Thank you.

And as to my price being cheap, My car was armored in Germany, As to the source, Thats the secret of my business,

Re: 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by brauneyes: 5:33pm On Mar 19, 2008
Based on the type of armouring that i described above, i maintain, YOU CANNOT armorize a V6.
You have not answered my question which type of armouring does you vehicle have. Or maybe you prefer the question in German. Welche Panzerung hat dieses Auto und wo was das durchgefuert?
Re: 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by Delta007(m): 5:37pm On Mar 19, 2008
x
Re: 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by inspiredm(m): 5:43pm On Mar 19, 2008
@ brauneyes

You still maintain your wrong opinion despite links from an Armoured Vehicles company ?

I rest my case.

A VIP has called in already, and negotiations are ongoing.

I will soon smile to the bank grin grin
Re: 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by brauneyes: 5:50pm On Mar 19, 2008
@inspired
Read my posts between the lines.
Re: 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by inspiredm(m): 5:58pm On Mar 19, 2008
I wish delta 007 can realize his post didn't show up, I saw his opinion when i was replying to this.

braun,

inspired is right, there are many v6 vehicles that are amorised.

Finally, @ brauneyes

Bring an AK -47 rifle, and lets place a $10,000 bet.

that will solve all these brouhaha,

Reply me if you're game.
Re: 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by nkc(m): 6:09pm On Mar 19, 2008
abeg no shooting grin
Re: 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by brauneyes: 6:32pm On Mar 19, 2008
Fine iam game, i choose where to shoot.
I'll be in Naija soon.
Re: 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by inspiredm(m): 6:55pm On Mar 19, 2008
@ brauneyes

If you wont be in Naija in 7 days time, the car would be sold before you come.
Re: 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by brauneyes: 6:58pm On Mar 19, 2008
Try putting these armored plates on a V6.

Re: 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by brauneyes: 7:04pm On Mar 19, 2008
Opaque Armor:
This comprises advanced materials including high-hardened ballistic steel, ballistic nylon, and Spectra Shield®. These are used to protect the passenger compartment of the vehicle as well as the firewall, battery, and fuel tank.(Middle Picture)
The material Spectra Shield® is specially manufactured for ballistic resistance. It is a composite laminated under heat and pressure to produce an ultra high-performance ballistic sheet lighter (but 10X stronger) than steel. Spectra Shield® has all the ballistic strength of Kevlar, yet it is much more flexible and about 30% lighter, providing enhanced ballistic performance.

Its design versatility makes it ideal for many hard-armor applications. It is available in structural sheet panels or custom configurations and can be cut and drilled which makes it much easier to work with than aluminum or steel. Because Spectra Shield® can be molded to the contours of the body of the vehicle, it provides a perfect fit for the automobile.

Spectra Shield® has phenomenal device characteristics. As a polyethylene, it has a high resistance to moisture and chemicals; commercially, it is used as a combustion retardant. It also has exceptional fragmentation protection and back-face deformation reduction. Most importantly though, Spectra Shield® provides excellent protection from high-velocity rifle rounds, multiple hits, and angle shots. It meets or exceeds all UL 752 and NIJ 0108-01 requirements, ensuring the highest level of quality and performance.

The Run Flat Tires:
Manufactured from a lightweight ballistic composite that reduces friction and heat buildup inside a flat tire, run-flat tires feature ceramic inserts that allow safe driving even when one to all of the tires are completely deflated. This enables the vehicle to maintain mobility for 20-30 miles without damage and/or tire-wheel imbalances. This also allows the driver to maintain control of the vehicle and facilitate a fast get-away from an attack until the tire(s) can be changed at a safe location.
Re: 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by dpresident(m): 10:23am On Mar 26, 2008
Good research work guys. You have educated a couple of us. keep it up, but NO SHOOTING OH.
Re: 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by lungwun(m): 12:39pm On Mar 26, 2008
Omo!
some of una real sabi book
Re: 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by adechuks(m): 1:44pm On Mar 26, 2008
I just love these guys.
There was this other argument about V6 or no V6, plenty grammar full ground, extending to several pages.
Keep it up guys.
Re: 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by muktarah: 3:32pm On Mar 26, 2008
i think inspired_m should be encouraged not
criticised for all the job he's been doing.
ive watched him closely,he's doing a great job.

fellow nigerians lets learn to celebrate ourselves
and criticise constructively.i didnt like the way
the other guy was arguing, only to find out
he's not even in the country and cant buy the car.

if you have a better car sell it and dont spoil someone else.
take care.

ds
Re: 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by Ivvie: 7:27pm On Apr 07, 2008
|
Re: 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by viperman: 8:22pm On Apr 07, 2008
Ivvie the man!!

Where have you been hiding since man? smiley
Re: 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by thegame(m): 8:32pm On Apr 07, 2008
I think i agree with Braun. What's the point armouring my van(heavy already) while it can't move fast enough for me to get away. I would rather buy a ferrari or love-vendor out my ride like one of the fast, furious films. ZOOooooooooMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, i m out in 3 secs. U wanna race? check me out y'allgrin grin grin

You basically armour jeeps and the ones i have been hearing about are naija politician's jeeps and they are mostly v8.
Re: 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by Ivvie: 8:49pm On Apr 07, 2008
|
Re: 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by brauneyes: 9:53pm On Apr 07, 2008
muktarah:

i think inspired_m should be encouraged not
criticised for all the job he's been doing.
ive watched him closely,he's doing a great job.

he's not even in the country and can't buy the car.

if you have a better car sell it and don't spoil someone else.
take care.ds
My brother, if you follow this thread and read the arguements you will see that iam not criticising anybody.
Iam just making a point, trying to clarify deceptions and falsehood.
Yes, i do live abroad, what difference does that make?
About  buying the car, you make me laugh, come to the US and see for yourself what Nigerians here are driving.
I have no need for such a vehicle.
Read the post first and ask for explanations if you do not understand what all these is all about.
Re: 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by horwoh22: 11:12am On Jul 22, 2008
This man how can sell this car for 7.2m when the car actually cost $27,000 ,shipping is $1,750 cos of the size and clearing in lagos between 350-400naira.
so oga sir ur price too much and if u wan buy 10 R class 500 ,send me email .
Re: 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by faoni572(m): 2:34pm On Jul 22, 2008
@inspired_m, @brauneyes
I read this post from the beginning and the two of you have actually educated us. I could say that i enjoyed the argument.

he's not even in the country and can't buy the car.

their arguments have actually educated us. it is better than some people that argue blindly

@inspired_m, keep the good work, if i want to buy a car i may let you know.
Re: 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by lucabrasi(m): 7:29pm On Jul 22, 2008
Ivvie:

Before many of you start throwing words, try understanding Braun's point of view. He is basically stressing on Power to Weight Ratio and not 6 cyl in a general point of view.

The R350 is an underpowered vehicle (van or whatever it is called). It's a borrowed engine of it's 320 series (350). For its state of power and agility, it's been a disappointment yet alone its reliability and q.control.

It is more than 2.5 tonnes and then you armour it , ?!
You can armour a v6 Honda and still be fine but not an E200. The reason why it is a bad idea to armour such a vehicle in the R350's state is due to the sluggish performance. In cross fire, or an seige, you are going to need every single torque available to get out of the danger zone and every fraction of a second counts. The main aim of an armoured vehicle is not to make you chill while a cross fire is in place but to buy you time with the highest priority of life safety.

I'm not going to dispute what InspireM or the poster is claiming or said but armouring an 6 Cyl R Class isn't a good idea and the rule of thumb (as Brauneyes' emphasizing) is that it isn't done for the reason being underpowered. The purpose might even be defeated. It can barely torpedo itself at wide open throttle how much more when you have an extra 1200 pounds worth of armor.

I want to believe bigger brakes need' be installed and other things. The higher in mass a vehicle the more torque it "goliath's" towards you. It takes longer to stop. I don't work at Texas Armour Corp. but I know there are procedures that needs to be followed.

@Brauneyes

You don't know who configurated the van. Probably "attention-to-detail" wasn't considered in terms of engine size as it is done here in the States. We have nothing but to accept the van as an armoured piece and encourage him. smiley
brauneyes:

Opaque Armor:
This comprises advanced materials including high-hardened ballistic steel, ballistic nylon, and Spectra Shield®. These are used to protect the passenger compartment of the vehicle as well as the firewall, battery, and fuel tank.(Middle Picture)
The material Spectra Shield® is specially manufactured for ballistic resistance. It is a composite laminated under heat and pressure to produce an ultra high-performance ballistic sheet lighter (but 10X stronger) than steel. Spectra Shield® has all the ballistic strength of Kevlar, yet it is much more flexible and about 30% lighter, providing enhanced ballistic performance.

Its design versatility makes it ideal for many hard-armor applications. It is available in structural sheet panels or custom configurations and can be cut and drilled which makes it much easier to work with than aluminum or steel. Because Spectra Shield® can be molded to the contours of the body of the vehicle, it provides a perfect fit for the automobile.

Spectra Shield® has phenomenal device characteristics. As a polyethylene, it has a high resistance to moisture and chemicals; commercially, it is used as a combustion retardant. It also has exceptional fragmentation protection and back-face deformation reduction. Most importantly though, Spectra Shield® provides excellent protection from high-velocity rifle rounds, multiple hits, and angle shots. It meets or exceeds all UL 752 and NIJ 0108-01 requirements, ensuring the highest level of quality and performance.

The Run Flat Tires:

omo,naija people sabi book o, onder what you guys are doing abroad
Re: 2007 Mercedez R 350: A Governor Visiting Nairaland Might Be Interested by Emperoh(m): 8:27pm On Jul 22, 2008
I think i like the healthy way we posited our arguments
Its the way of matured minds and also a way to share knowledge which this site apart from generating revenue for the owner, offers us the users
Much as i won't distrust inspired_m, i do love to chip in that there is something he knows or doesn;t know about the vehicle he wants to sell
I am also not going over board with Braun eyes because of what Ivvie said based onthe credibility and quality of work done.
In all, i don't think Inspired_m is out to con anyone. All in All, lets keep the arguments healthy

Clean Toyota Corolla(firstlady) For 320k / Tokunbo Toyota Sienna 2004 Model: Price: N2.3m Only / Share your experiences owning a 2002-2004 Toyota Camry

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64