Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

The Blood That Saves - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Blood That Saves (765 Views)

The Sachet Drug That Saves Babies From HIV....Please Share This Message / The Combination That Saves Lives: Lemon And Baking Soda! / Feeling Pregnant But The Blood Test Said Negative!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Blood That Saves by bigfree: 12:38pm On Feb 25, 2013
we were asked to donate blood during our orientation week in nysc camp. I declined thinking i was going to collapse after donating or i might get one health complication or the other. Not until my friend's child needed blood,that i got to know the benfits of blood donation and my blood group(after all this years). Here is what the nice lady in the modern vampire profession told about blood donation

Saving a life can be the ultimate good one can do in this life. I might not be a phlilantropist like bill gate or a world-class surgeon or jack bauer, but i can donate my blood;my life source to save a life.

Having a medical checkup for free,is like seeing the questions before a major exam. With blood donation, you spend nothing (okay,maybe t.p to the hospital) to get a mini-physical that our politicians spend much money to have abroad. you get to know your blood level,weight, blood pressure,blood group,h.iv status,fitness level(no wonder i can go all night long.lol ) and many more,all for free.

She said if you want a plant to grow beautiful and flowery,what do you do? I said you water it. Yes,we eat good food everyday but do we prune and trim our system,like we do our gardens? Blood donation creates way for the production of new and fresh blood cells within 4-8 weeks of donation,letting the body function effectively.

Blood donation reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases,through a reduction in iron levels. High iron levels accelerates the oxidation of choresterol. Like good s..x,blood donation leaves you feeling refreshed and whole.

Donate blood today,you might just be saving a life.
Re: The Blood That Saves by akorlade(m): 1:59pm On Feb 25, 2013
I subscribe will be going for my second round of donation @ NBTS tomorrow.

(1) (Reply)

A 14 Year Old Boy Needs Help / Bleaching Can Kill You! All You Need To Know About Skin Whitening / Ebola In The Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.