Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,403 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

Ekaette!!!!! - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ekaette!!!!! (11637 Views)

Ekaette!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekaette!!!!! by ceejayluv(m): 12:10am On Mar 02, 2013
私はあなたの話が好きです。ありがとう

Watashi wa anato no hanashi ga sukidesu. Arigatou!
Re: Ekaette!!!!! by gluv01(f): 12:54am On Mar 02, 2013
I can see my lads and lasses here o...@Foxy, Brokoto and aunty Avicky cheesy

WE MEET AGAIN!!!
Re: Ekaette!!!!! by gluv01(f): 1:05am On Mar 02, 2013
Btw, good writeup at OP.But it looks local and uncivilized from the start. Because you hardly find such things again. It's just like the beginning (early days/years) of Nollywood when they couldn't think of something meaningful to act, and they act dialogue(d) movie, i still remember those kinda movies. Ekaette and Madam. It's hilarious but showcases what truly happens in our society anyways.
@ OP(can't type ur name .it's too sophisticated to type, sorry grin ), I'm not throwing at you please, just mentioning a point. Not criticising you, just a thought on it.

Hope you do understand? wink
Re: Ekaette!!!!! by pendusky(m): 5:47am On Mar 02, 2013
Nice Piece...writing about chioma, will be back in a jiffy....
Re: Ekaette!!!!! by viciati(m): 6:11am On Mar 02, 2013
why is must it be ekaette?other tribes no dey do houseboy or housegirl.nice story though!
Re: Ekaette!!!!! by denix2: 7:36am On Mar 02, 2013
Nice one @senbozakura...hope yu wn't rebel against ya soul ripper byakuya kuchiki...ya ds zamphatou.
Re: Ekaette!!!!! by Ifilinwa(f): 8:09am On Mar 02, 2013
Wats with all the "beefing and correction".. This is just a fiction.. Nd fiction has to remain fiction.. Get ur grips, lads.. Y can't y'all open up a thread to entertain us, its not that easy, u know
Re: Ekaette!!!!! by ITbomb(m): 8:11am On Mar 02, 2013
I'm thinking child abuse.
I just skimmed through it as I couldn't bear to read it.
Why shouldn't a little girl be confused when she is given all kinds of work to do and finish at a deadline .
First to wake up and last to sleep and u still expect her to be high on productivity and alertness. If na u for workplace u go complain about harsh working environment
Re: Ekaette!!!!! by Nasri100(m): 8:37am On Mar 02, 2013
Hahahahaha I would kill her
Re: Ekaette!!!!! by pfijacobs(m): 8:57am On Mar 02, 2013
Baba continue d write up na.. Too many comments, less story makes d thread boring! Shikena
Re: Ekaette!!!!! by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 02, 2013
Op i don dey rage o,must u keep us waiting.Anyway nice opening,oya keep up da gud work
Re: Ekaette!!!!! by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 7:28pm On Mar 02, 2013
ITbomb: I'm thinking child abuse.
I just skimmed through it as I couldn't bear to read it.
Why shouldn't a little girl be confused when she is given all kinds of work to do and finish at a deadline .
First to wake up and last to sleep and u still expect her to be high on productivity and alertness. If na u for workplace u go complain about harsh working environment

Sorry oº°˚˚˚°º! Internet service has been hell since yesterday.

Seems like you are looking at it from the stereotypical poor, overworked house help, which Ekaette isn't. Ekaette isn't much confused from the workload she gets as just erroneous from her aversion for asking questions. Ekaette really wants to impress her madam (as evidenced by her "inventiveness" with heating the salad and washing clothes she wasn't asked to) but it just unfortunately ends in disaster for her because she doesn't know how things in the city work.

You might also have the impression that the "madam" is a nasty slave driver. Things is that she isn't. The setting for this story is a weekend, when she would actually be in from work. I did not state if she punished Ekaette for her "misadventures" though the fact that she partly found the fish washing episode funny should indicate she didn't. Besides, I also pointed out that the madam took to going to bed last to make sure that Ekaette hadn't done something that could be hazardous.

I'm sure the issue of abuse might not have risen if Ekaette were, say, a relative of the madam's from the village and not a househelp.

2 Likes

Re: Ekaette!!!!! by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 02, 2013
^^^ *yawn*
Are we getting more episodes or what? undecided
Re: Ekaette!!!!! by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 9:24pm On Mar 02, 2013
brokoto: ^^^ *yawn*
Are we getting more episodes or what? undecided

Lolz, you will o! Just had to clarify that before I continue!
Re: Ekaette!!!!! by Nobody: 1:57am On Mar 03, 2013
Op give us more pls,btw nice write up
Re: Ekaette!!!!! by Uniquexty(f): 6:23am On Mar 03, 2013
Hope u covered ur mouth while yawning. MXM. Sebn, thnx 4 d explanations. We all saw that fact except some people who did not read through. They just saw Ekaette and flamed up.
Re: Ekaette!!!!! by annielady(f): 5:58am On Mar 05, 2013
Enough of this comments pls, the story should continue.
Re: Ekaette!!!!! by ositadima1(m): 10:28am On Mar 05, 2013
annie-lady:
Enough of this comments pls, the story should continue.

seconded
Re: Ekaette!!!!! by gluv01(f): 5:57pm On Mar 05, 2013
ositadima1:

seconded

But he has stopped and the eagerness is dying down...very soon it won't be interesting to read again.

@OP, better continue or u lose ur fans o
Re: Ekaette!!!!! by nuwell(m): 8:38am On Mar 16, 2013
Guy, is the story dead? Pls resuscitate it na
Re: Ekaette!!!!! by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:55pm On Sep 15, 2013
I don't even know what to say to you @OP. I guess your name says it all.

*buys Duplex in this Thread*
Re: Ekaette!!!!! by VivyGift(f): 9:49am On Sep 16, 2013
Well done @ op

#following
Re: Ekaette!!!!! by aytuns(m): 10:46am On Dec 17, 2013
Its been a very long time, when will u be updating next?
Re: Ekaette!!!!! by adebayo201: 11:58pm On Dec 17, 2013
aytuns: Its been a very long time, when will u be updating next?

next!
still counting.......
Re: Ekaette!!!!! by aytuns(m): 1:55am On Dec 20, 2013
ehh, counting till when naa? Trumpet sounds?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lola Shoneyin Celebrates Her 42nd Birthday Today! / Stranded / "The Lesser Power" - A Short Amazin Story.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.