Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 (15015 Views)

The power of Lumia 520 Lens / Nokia Announces Asha 308 And 309 Budget Touchscreen Phones / Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by Lansin: 4:23am On Feb 26, 2013
3310 for sale pls
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by mrdrizzy(m): 5:59am On Feb 26, 2013
4peace:

the same reason God didnt made man only

life is a choice

if you are not jealousy of window why are you trolling on window thread SMH
where exactly are u getting at?..smh
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by mrdrizzy(m): 6:01am On Feb 26, 2013
platinumricky:
Nokia got abt $1 billion from microsoft to ensure that they use the windows platform for their devices. So Nokia won't switch to android anytime soon ...
hmm..so ur now telling me dat microsoft payed nokia to work with their platform,rather than d other way round.i kinda doubt that alot.os dnt pay ppl that wants to use their apps rather the make from it,d only time they myt pay company for production is when they want to produce a fone under the brand name.eg

nexus 4(owned by android/google).google payed LG to create the product
nexus 7(owned by google/adroid) google pay azus to create that device ..so pls explain what u mean by ur statement!
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by mrdrizzy(m): 6:05am On Feb 26, 2013
semit: not 3G!!! angry
i believe u dnt knw what HSPDA AND HSPDA+ means!..hmm
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by cyrexx: 6:22am On Feb 26, 2013
mr.drizzy:
hmm..so ur now telling me dat microsoft payed nokia to work with their platform,rather than d other way round.i kinda doubt that alot

Me too I wonder o. It will be funny if it's true. How can they accept such a money in order to limit themselves to just one smartphone os that has less than 5% global usage. When they could make that money themselves by selling androids that millions upon millions of people are willing to buy. That is foolishness. If they had gone android from the start, I am sure they will be where Samsung is today in global sales.
Furthermore, Samsung, LG, HTC, Huawei and all other android manufacturers also had windows phones. Nokia is indeed foolish to limit itself to just windows. I won't be surprised if Samsung or HTC outsell nokia in terms of windows phone, since they are not as foolish. In fact, tecno is on its way to displace nokia as a choice smartphone brand among the Nigerian youths. Just look at the sales records of tecno N3, for instance.
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by Kamaye(m): 6:45am On Feb 26, 2013
Tecno N7 killer!!!
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by cyrexx: 6:50am On Feb 26, 2013
Kamaye: Tecno N7 killer!!!

Time will tell.
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by Kamaye(m): 7:03am On Feb 26, 2013
cyrexx:

Time will tell.
Yeah you're right but considering the cheap price of lumia 520 for just 28k it may be possible.
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:58am On Feb 26, 2013
finally they have acquired common sense and gone for the market segment they can conquer easily.

not bad at all at that price point.

BTW WP is very ok at 512 mb ram... or so iv heard so..... its not like u expect a budget phone to have top of the line specs or flagship performance
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by Bawss1(m): 10:38am On Feb 26, 2013
4llerbuntu: finally they have acquired common sense and gone for the market segment they can conquer easily.

not bad at all at that price point.

BTW WP is very ok at 512 mb ram... or so iv heard so..... its not like u expect a budget phone to have top of the line specs or flagship performance

It was Nokia's plan all along to push the Lumia to all the market segments, Stephen Elop has said that repeatedly in various interviews.
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by Nobody: 10:42am On Feb 26, 2013
mr.drizzy:
hmm..so ur now telling me dat microsoft payed nokia to work with their platform,rather than d other way round.i kinda doubt that alot.os dnt pay ppl that wants to use their apps rather the make from it,d only time they myt pay company for production is when they want to produce a fone under the brand name.eg

nexus 7(owned by google/adroid) google pay azus to create that device ..so pls explain what u mean by ur statement!

m.tomshardware.com/news/Microsoft-Nokia-Windows-Phone-7-Deal-Partnership-money,14564.html this news went viral last year on tech blogs like engadget,theverge,techradar and wired.

www.betanews.com/2012/01/26/microsoft-invests-1-billion-to-sell-a-million-nokia-windows-phones/
You could also use search engines to crosscheck, nokia aint switching to android anytime soon...
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 26, 2013
cyrexx:

Me too I wonder o. It will be funny if it's true. How can they accept such a money in order to limit themselves to just one smartphone os that has less than 5% global usage. When they could make that money themselves by selling androids that millions upon millions of people are willing to buy. That is foolishness. If they had gone android from the start, I am sure they will be where Samsung is today in global sales.
Furthermore, Samsung, LG, HTC, Huawei and all other android manufacturers also had windows phones. Nokia is indeed foolish to limit itself to just windows. I won't be surprised if Samsung or HTC outsell nokia in terms of windows phone, since they are not as foolish. In fact, tecno is on its way to displace nokia as a choice smartphone brand among the Nigerian youths. Just look at the sales records of tecno N3, for instance.
Open this link www.betanews.com/2012/01/26/microsoft-invests-1-billion-to-sell-a-million-nokia-windows-phones/
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by mrdrizzy(m): 10:59am On Feb 26, 2013
cyrexx:

thank u bross this is exactly what i keep telling em..its folishness,y would nokia only limit demselves to creating only one brand of fones,when the likes of samsung and htc creates fones from 2 of the world most knwn os.so they cant be left out of the market,thats business strategy,which nokia is failing to do..

And to add up to the techno brand..that company is part of the top and future smartfone company jst like xiaomi in asia..i must say,kicking out the likes of blackberry and the rigid nokia,their products so far has made a very high sales in africa to the extend..that ppls demand has surpass their actually producting amount,which makes them go into manufacturing of the same product all over again..techno thumbs up!

So back to the issue,HTC is so far the highest and the most wiseable brand ever,being the 1st to create the 1st microsoft and android fones,all within the same year interval,their also extending their resources to sign with the so call LOCKED IOS..lets hope they can archive that,this is what we call market strategy...
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by mrdrizzy(m): 11:21am On Feb 26, 2013
platinumricky:

m.tomshardware.com/news/Microsoft-Nokia-Windows-Phone-7-Deal-Partnership-money,14564.html this news went viral last year on tech blogs like engadget,theverge,techradar and wired.

www.betanews.com/2012/01/26/microsoft-invests-1-billion-to-sell-a-million-nokia-windows-phones/
You could also use search engines to crosscheck, nokia aint switching to android anytime soon...
jst saw it..well thats thier loss..they should continue staying there and continue getting low income,when other brands are going viral,.seems they want to end up like BLACKBERRY
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by texazzpete(m): 11:37am On Feb 26, 2013
mr.drizzy:
jst saw it..well thats thier loss..they should continue staying there and continue getting low income,when other brands are going viral,.seems they want to end up like BLACKBERRY

Don't be silly. Apart from Samsung, the likes of HTC, Sony, LG, Motorola are seriously suffering with Android. HTC made only $33m profit last quarter.

Nokia has a strategy of differentiating with WP. Choice is good for the average consumer...and Nokia is poised to snatch up a large marketshare from their low cost phones

1 Like

Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by texazzpete(m): 11:44am On Feb 26, 2013
mr.drizzy:
thank u bross this is exactly what i keep telling em..its folishness,y would nokia only limit demselves to creating only one brand of fones,when the likes of samsung and htc creates fones from 2 of the world most knwn os.so they cant be left out of the market,thats business strategy,which nokia is failing to do..

And to add up to the techno brand..that company is part of the top and future smartfone company jst like xiaomi in asia..i must say,kicking out the likes of blackberry and the rigid nokia,their products so far has made a very high sales in africa to the extend..that ppls demand has surpass their actually producting amount,which makes them go into manufacturing of the same product all over again..techno thumbs up!

Your ignorance is stunning.

Tecno is a small-time player, making cheap phones for the less discerning folks. Imagine you folks creating a topic about playing 'HD' games on a Tecno n3 that runs like crap compared to any of the Nokia lumia series. You get what you pay for, though.
Techno has no chance of being any of the big names in mobile anytime soon. They'll sell to the ultra cheap market, but the margins there are pretty small and no western company has any desire to join them in the ultra-low end battle.

Please NEVER compare Xiaomi to Techno. Xiaomi makes quality hardware with excellent build quality and top notch specs..well out of Techno's range.

mr.drizzy:

So back to the issue,HTC is so far the highest and the most wiseable brand ever,being the 1st to create the 1st microsoft and android fones,all within the same year interval,their also extending their resources to sign with the so call LOCKED IOS..lets hope they can archive that,this is what we call market strategy...

Shows how little you know. HTC is in serious trouble, struggling to cope with Samsung. Their profits are dropping seriously and their fans are deserting them.
If you ever mention that HTC is making an iOS device (or licensing iOS), I will find you and beat you over the head with a cudgel.
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by Ositainklord(m): 11:59am On Feb 26, 2013
BodyKiss:

There's no such thing as windows 8 mobile. This shows you're talking trash. Fan boy.
Windows 8 mobile? Yes there is! Launche l8 last yr NIGGAaah! I hate fights but mahn dis boy na retard! Upon all u still get mouth to dey yap person way talk real sense! im sure u go claim say u b android affiƧionado. LMAO
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by Ositainklord(m): 12:08pm On Feb 26, 2013
platinumricky:
Nokia got abt $1 billion from microsoft to ensure that they use the windows platform for their devices. So Nokia won't switch to android anytime soon ...
OOOoHH My God!!! Get ur facts right! Nokia PAYS microsoft bout $+200m to use their OS every quarter of d yr!
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 26, 2013
Osita_inklord:
OOOoHH My God!!! Get ur facts right! Nokia PAYS microsoft bout $+200m to use their OS every quarter of d yr!
www.betanews.com/
2012/01/26/microsoft-
invests-1-billion-to-sell-
a-million-nokia-windows-
phones/

Go and do alternate researches with search engines.
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by Ositainklord(m): 12:38pm On Feb 26, 2013
Osita_inklord:
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Windows-Phone-8-to-get-12-games-by-Gameloft-N.O.V.A.-3-Order---Chaos-Online-are-on-the-list_id36113 windows os is not so bad--
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by mrdrizzy(m): 12:59pm On Feb 26, 2013
texazzpete:

Your ignorance is stunning.

Tecno is a small-time player, making cheap phones for the less discerning folks. Imagine you folks creating a topic about playing 'HD' games on a Tecno n3 that runs like crap compared to any of the Nokia lumia series. You get what you pay for, though.
Techno has no chance of being any of the big names in mobile anytime soon. They'll sell to the ultra cheap market, but the margins there are pretty small and no western company has any desire to join them in the ultra-low end battle.

Please NEVER compare Xiaomi to Techno. Xiaomi makes quality hardware with excellent build quality and top notch specs..well out of Techno's range.

Shows how little you know. HTC is in serious trouble, struggling to cope with Samsung. Their profits are dropping seriously and their fans are deserting them.
If you ever mention that HTC is making an iOS device (or licensing iOS), I will find you and beat you over the head with a cudgel.
brain..did i mention how much money they have or something,next time look wel b4 posting..i only said they have have the best market strategy ..and back to the techno...i aint using a techno device so i dnt knw about the hd games thread,i only commend them for goodwork,in making things cheaper,if u want to continue using high end fones all becos of their famousness continue..dats ur own biz..i still say it THUMBS UP TECHNO.
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by Bawss1(m): 2:49pm On Feb 26, 2013
^^^

Aaaaaannnd he retreats into his hole of ignorance from whence he came. grin

Thanks again Tex for schooling him.
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:02pm On Feb 26, 2013
mind numbing stuff mehn.

the obtuseness is mind boggling. i think my brain cells die each time i read one of them posts
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by texazzpete(m): 4:45pm On Feb 26, 2013
4llerbuntu: mind numbing stuff mehn.

the obtuseness is mind boggling. i think my brain cells die each time i read one of them posts

I swear down!
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by hatak(m): 6:27pm On Feb 26, 2013
Bawss1: A note worthy point here is that the Lumia 520, which is targeted at the low end smartphone market, is expected to start selling from $180 which is ~N28,000.

Nokia is sure bent on spreading that Windows Phone 8 goodness around.
Are u sure of the price u quoted?
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by Bawss1(m): 6:29pm On Feb 26, 2013
^Yup. See the link on the first page if in doubt, better yet just Google it.
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by joshuaidibia(m): 9:12am On Feb 27, 2013
I STIL LOVE MY NOKIA N8
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by jmaine: 10:23am On Feb 27, 2013
joshua idibia: I STIL LOVE MY NOKIA N8

Good, simply enjoy it grin
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by segsxpendable(m): 10:49am On Feb 27, 2013
honeric01: Symbian?
no,na java...u nid phone lessons bro
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:01am On May 16, 2013
Go to : http://www.ogbongeblog.com/2013/05/how-much-is-nokia-lumia-520-and-720-in.html to check the price of the Nokia Lumia 720 and 520 in Nigeria and where to buy them online in Nigeria
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by Najwal: 3:27pm On May 16, 2013
please any1 using L520 shld plz giv me alittle info abt d fone cuz i intend 2 get mine soon. Am new in windows phone and so i wld really appreciate if any L520 user can share their experience base on d phones general performance. Thanks in advance.
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 16, 2013
mr.drizzy:

WELL, U ARE WRONG AND HE'S RIGHT.
WINDOWS DID ACTUALLY PAY NOKIA 2 RESURRECT THEIR DYING OS..... CHECK IT OUT ON GSM ARENA BLOG PAGE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Airtel Rolls Out 4G Service In Nigeria / How To Root Tecno Camon C8 / #1 Site For Mobile Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.