Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,678 members, 7,820,376 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 (15017 Views)

The power of Lumia 520 Lens / Nokia Announces Asha 308 And 309 Budget Touchscreen Phones / Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by mrdrizzy(m): 4:26pm On Feb 25, 2013
Joe50: When is Nokia producing android phones undecided
me no like windows
i jst tire for them cant they just follow htc brand that patners with both android and windows,even planning on ios too,nokia should up their game pls,dis is the same cost with techno n7 sef,a pure dual android fone,i rather get dat,was a big fan of nokia bt ryt now i jst dnt get it,and their fones are jst too heavy,put the lumia 920 on ur pocket feel like u a stone in ur pocket,anyway kudos to nokia for bringing out anoda brand!

1 Like

Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by BodyKiss(m): 4:27pm On Feb 25, 2013
lordZOUGA:
no it is not excellent. if it was, I'd choose it instead of android.

Over sabi wey no sabi anything. Stop arguing blindly, di.ck.
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by lordZOUGA(m): 4:28pm On Feb 25, 2013
BodyKiss:

Di.ck, it's Windows Phone 8 not "windows 8 mobile"
I posted "windows 8 mobile OS". what is the difference with windows phone 8?
you should know that there are more subtle ways to pick a fight though.
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by mrdrizzy(m): 4:29pm On Feb 25, 2013
Temismith: I am heard u.
GBAGAUN!!!.EBULE!..LOLZ
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by mrdrizzy(m): 4:31pm On Feb 25, 2013
BodyKiss:

Over sabi wey no sabi anything. Stop arguing blindly, di.ck.
whats wrong with u??..every post u make always have to be nasty,if its nt di.ck its mess,i jst pity ur life,
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 25, 2013
Nokia illuminati or lumia 4 short who cares undecided

1 Like

Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by BodyKiss(m): 4:33pm On Feb 25, 2013
mr.drizzy:
whats wrong with u??..every post u make always have to be nasty,if its nt di.ck its mess,i jst pity ur life,

Hahaha, look at this modafvcking.
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by mrdrizzy(m): 4:33pm On Feb 25, 2013
lordZOUGA:
my brother i dnt see any difference,mobile and fone aint they the same thing?..no mind am,he hasnt eaten thats y
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by asala1: 4:37pm On Feb 25, 2013
They should perfect their lumia 920 first. I have not seen anyone who can download app from the app store. It is messy.
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 25, 2013
This is long overdue- Nokia has long been expected to go downmarket with an entry level phone like this. If only the windows 8 platform had numerous apps to choose from...
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by BodyKiss(m): 4:42pm On Feb 25, 2013
lordZOUGA:

You surely don't know much about Windows Phone 8. Google is your friend. Thank you.
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by Biola4u(m): 4:54pm On Feb 25, 2013
I don't see how Nokia is gonna compete in market with windows phones.
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by Goldie20: 4:54pm On Feb 25, 2013
Nokia unveils cheap handset you only need to charge once a MONTH

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2284123/Nokia-105--13-mobile-need-charge-MONTH.html#ixzz2LvVRECFk
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by Bawss1(m): 5:10pm On Feb 25, 2013
mr.drizzy:
i jst tire for them cant they just follow htc brand that patners with both android and windows,even planning on ios too,nokia should up their game pls,dis is the same cost with techno n7 sef,a pure dual android fone,i rather get dat,was a big fan of nokia bt ryt now i jst dnt get it,and their fones are jst too heavy,put the lumia 920 on ur pocket feel like u a stone in ur pocket,anyway kudos to nokia for bringing out anoda brand!

You are a fan of Android, good for you but not everyone would like to use that OS so Windows Phone 8 is an excellent alternative for such folks. Nokia has certainly upped its game, their decision to go the Windows Phone route has seen the company turn some profit, go look up their recent financial standings.

The Lumia 920 weighs 185g maybe that's too heavy for you but consider that this L520 weighs 124g which is lighter than your Techno N7 which is 152g
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by Bawss1(m): 5:11pm On Feb 25, 2013
Biola4u: I don't see how Nokia is gonna compete in market with windows phones.

You don't need to see it, they are competing and doing well too. cheesy
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by mrdrizzy(m): 5:19pm On Feb 25, 2013
Bawss1:

You are a fan of Android, good for you but not everyone would like to use that OS so Windows Phone 8 is an excellent alternative for such folks. Nokia has certainly upped its game, their decision to go the Windows Phone route has seen the company turn some profit, go look up their recent financial standings.

The Lumia 920 weighs 185g maybe that's too heavy for you but consider that this L520 weighs 124g which is lighter than your Techno N7 which is 152g
dude if nokia were to be running android os..they would have been making more..jst in africa alone 20-30 percent uses windows os.compare to the huge numbers of android..am nt trying to be bias in any means..its facts,i only want nokia to extend thier hand to other os,like the htc and samsung does..so they can aswell be making money from both sides
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by Meklex(m): 5:34pm On Feb 25, 2013
**login to view this post**
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by honeric01(m): 5:35pm On Feb 25, 2013
BodyKiss:

Windows Phone 8. Olodo!

Shuzz, didn't you see the ?
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by Biola4u(m): 6:08pm On Feb 25, 2013
Bawss1:

You don't need to see it, they are competing and doing well too. cheesy

hmmmmmm. U mean fighting back ? Let's wait and see if they won't run for android soon.
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by Bawss1(m): 6:13pm On Feb 25, 2013
@ Mr drizzy

Have you considered for a moment that if Nokia were to get on the Android team that they would risk being lost in the sea of other Android OEMs. It is obvious that they want to maintain their distinctiveness hence the WP8 choice and so far it is paying off well for them.

This decision by Nokia to use WP8 has been argued to death on this forum. Nokia's choice adds the proverbial spice to the broth, don't be close minded.
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by semit: 6:47pm On Feb 25, 2013
not 3G!!! angry
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by tefund(m): 7:42pm On Feb 25, 2013
Bawss1: Apparently there are no threads here on the on-going 2013 Mobile World Congress taking place in Barcelona so let's get the ball rolling. smiley

At Mobile World Congress, Nokia has announced the Lumia 520, its latest piece of ammunition in the company's campaign to conquer emerging markets and first-time smartphone buyers. . . See the link for further details(http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/25/nokia-lumia-520-announced/)

Some of its specs are
WCDMA / HSPA+ 21Mbps 900/2100, 850/1900/2100; GSM / EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
5MP rear camera,
1GHz dual-core Snapdragon CPU
512MB RAM
8GB onboard storage, microSD up to 64GB
4.0-inch WVGA IPS LCD display, 2D hardened glass, super sensitive touch for glove use
1,430mAh battery

i will get one for myself soon
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by mackenzie007(m): 8:29pm On Feb 25, 2013
guyz d best of dem all is windows 620 chek it out
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by a1solution: 8:31pm On Feb 25, 2013
Nokia 3310 is window what? Using it to reply this topic now.
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by 4peace(m): 9:18pm On Feb 25, 2013
mr.drizzy:
dude if nokia were to be running android os..they would have been making more..jst in africa alone 20-30 percent uses windows os.compare to the huge numbers of android..am nt trying to be bias in any means..its facts,i only want nokia to extend thier hand to other os,like the htc and samsung does..so they can aswell be making money from both sides

the same reason God didnt made man only

life is a choice

if you are not jealousy of window why are you trolling on window thread SMH
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 25, 2013
mr.drizzy:
Nokia got abt $1 billion from microsoft to ensure that they use the windows platform for their devices. So Nokia won't switch to android anytime soon ...
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by jmaine: 10:26pm On Feb 25, 2013
lordZOUGA:
no it is not excellent. if it was, I'd choose it instead of android.

Really, guess you have not heard that the Windows phone 8 OS is converting android users in the UK . . .So i wonder what your yapping about . . .

With Windows now holding respectable market shares across most major European countries, a key question is who is losing out? In Great Britain, 17% of new Windows customers switched from Android, 26% from Symbian, 6% from RIM and just 2% from iOS. 47% were first time smartphone buyers.

http://wmpoweruser.com/kantar-windows-phone-converting-buyers-from-android-in-uk-great-news-for-the-os/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+WmPowerUser+%28WMPowerUser%29

http://www.kantarworldpanel.com/global/News/news-articles/Smartphone-Competition-Hots-Up

Your choice is subjective to only you . . . .
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by Regiblinkz(m): 10:55pm On Feb 25, 2013
Joe50: When is Nokia producing android phones undecided
me no like windows
I actually like doors...lol
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by oshioke2012: 10:58pm On Feb 25, 2013
all i can say about all dis is d fact dat most pple in our country are shallow minded!
windows nd android, two great os, whether its nokia base or samsung base, it doesnt matter, wat matters is d fact d pple who needs a windows os wil always stick to windows os same is 2 android. every one has its utility.
i love android fones bt i respect nokia 4 sticking 2 its own (style) brand of windows, shows class nd taughtfulnes. if every one should run 2 android, wat would d market look like then? nokia givs options

1 Like

Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by kuss: 12:00am On Feb 26, 2013
Is glo bis still browsing on pc i want to subscribe.thanks
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by Nobody: 1:01am On Feb 26, 2013
i have a week old samsung galaxy y pro duos for sale. At 21k only. We can negotiate. I stay within lagos. Hit me on 08043141544
package still intact
Re: Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 by Echepet(m): 2:40am On Feb 26, 2013
make sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Airtel Rolls Out 4G Service In Nigeria / How To Root Tecno Camon C8 / #1 Site For Mobile Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.