Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,733 members, 7,827,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Israel Successfully Tests Arrow 3 Missile Interceptor - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel Successfully Tests Arrow 3 Missile Interceptor (15126 Views)

Russia’s New Mega-missile Stuns The Globe / Israel’s Mobile Missile Defence System: What Is The Iron Dome? / Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Israel Successfully Tests Arrow 3 Missile Interceptor by Nobody: 12:30am On Feb 27, 2013
hotwax:
And what makes you think Russia is a muslim country? Russians are orthodox christians. Russians also hate muslims. You forgot Chenchenya, and neighboring Islamic countries?
When it comes to religion war, Russia will never support bloodthirsty muslims.
Russia just hate America the way Saudi hate Iran. Saudi and Iran are still muslims brothers but there is power struggle between the two just the way Russia and America are struggling.

Russia will never fight America. There are many Russian Neighbors who want to buy American Patroit missiles. America refused to sell it to them in other not to offend Russia.
If America decide to sell weapons to these countries, Russia homeland is domed.

This is international politics. Its a course in the University. Its more than news.

Get this little fact into your brain.

One more note, Russian technologies are not reliable

Are you high on something?

For God's sake, where in my comment did I mentioned Russia being a muslim country, or any possibility of any religious war brewing for that matter? Incase, you didnt read it (which Im sure you didnt, I have attached it below.

Maple:
Can the Arrow 3 missile intercept the Russian-made Iskander missile, which Syria now have, and Iran is about to follow suit? I dont think so.

The Iskander is a mobile theater hypersonic ballistic missile precisely designed to be unstoppable by any missile defense systems. When approaching its targets, the Iskander releases several warheads including decoys missiles to deceive enemy defense systems while travelling at a hypersonic speed (which no any defence system missile can match), hence its termed "Fire and Forget". No country has answer for this unstoppable missile, not even the mighty US.

Due to its sophistication, Russia never sold the Iskander to any country, however due to the recent rising tension btw US/NATO and russia over Syria, the Russian govt lifted the ban to sell this missile to its allies in the middle east. Recently, 26 Iskander mobile missile batteries have been deployed in Syria, along Syria's border with Turkey, Israel, and Jordan to counter/neutralize the missile defence systems US/NATO deployed in those countries. Iran is expecting its own batch of the Iskander missiles, a game changer.

You seem to be a novice of history and international politics, so take this from me; I am not writing to debate with you, because I cant debate with you. On issues like this,I only debate with my equals, as for every other person, I teach. So, I'll educate u a bit:

First of all, the US has already installed Patriot defence missiles in countries bordering Russia (Poland, Turkey, Czech etc), and they are now in operation. Its part of what motivated Russia to lift the ban on the sale of Iskander to US enemies.

In our contemporary world, religion has no significance in the formation of geopolitical/military alliances. Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE are muslim countries, yet they are US biggest allies. Russia supplies arms to Syria, Iran and Nkorea, yet these are no orthodox christian countries. When the Soviet Russia armed Egypt during its fight against Israel during the Yom-Kippur war, was Egypt not a muslim country? When Russia supplied arms to the Vietcongs to defeat the US in Vietnam, where the Vietnamese orthodox christains then? The same muslims US is fighting in Afghanistan, US used to be their ally during the Soviet- Afghan war. Dude alliances are formed based on geopolitical and economic interests, not religion. And yes, Russia would go to war with US should US threaten its interest abroad, be they in muslim, buddhist or Animist country. Ever heard of the phrase, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"?

BTW, its a wanton display of ignorance, to say that Russian technology is unreliable. If Russia technology is not reliable, why is the US and Israel lobbying Russia not to sale sophisticated arms to countries like Iran, Nkorea, Venezuela, Syria, China etc? For instance, US and Israel lobbied so hard in Russia, just to discourage Russia from selling to Iran, one of the most sophisticated surface to air system in the world, the S-300...the Kornets anti-tank missiles which Hezbollah used to decimate Israeli Merkava Tanks in 2006, whose technology did you think it was? Till today, US and Israel never forgave Russia for selling them to Syria and Iran (who gave them to Hezbollah). Iran used Russian ground-based radar jamming and deception system (The Avtobaza) to capture US's most sophisticated spy drone, the RQ-170, how 'unreliable' was that to you? Russia is a decade ahead of the US in terms of missile technology. Russia has missile technology for which the US and the west has no answer for, and the Iskander Missile is just one among many.
Re: Israel Successfully Tests Arrow 3 Missile Interceptor by stankezzy: 12:46am On Feb 27, 2013
Maple:

Are you high on something?

For God's sake, where in my comment did I mentioned Russia being a muslim country, or any possibility of any religious war brewing for that matter? Incase, you didnt read it (which Im sure you didnt, I have attached it below.

You seem to be a novice of history and politics, hence I would educate you a bit.

First of all, the US has already installed Patriot defence missiles in countries bordering Russia (Poland, Turkey, Czech etc), and they are now in operation. Its part of what motivated Russia to lift the ban on the sale of Iskander to US enemies.

In our contemporary world, religion has no significance in the formation of political/military alliances. Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE are muslim countries, yet they are US biggest allies. Russia supplies arms to Syria, Iran and Nkorea, yet these are no orthodox christian countries. When the Soviet Russia armed Egypt during its fight against Israel during the Yom-Kippur war, was Egypt not a muslim country? When Russia supplied arms to the Vietcongs to defeat the US in Vietnam, where the Vietnamese orthodox christains then? The same muslims US is fighting in Afghanistan, US was their ally during the Soviet- Afghan war. Dude alliances are formed based on political and economic interests, not religion. And yes, Russia would go to war with US should US threaten its interest abroad, be they in muslim, buddhist or Animist country. Ever heard of the phrase, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"?

too much of war film is decieving you.give your self a rest.
Re: Israel Successfully Tests Arrow 3 Missile Interceptor by Nobody: 1:03am On Feb 27, 2013
^^^
...so says the sissy who lacks the intellect to prove me wrong. grin

1 Like

Re: Israel Successfully Tests Arrow 3 Missile Interceptor by stankezzy: 1:23am On Feb 27, 2013
some body said that the speed of that russian missle is hypersonic ,that it cannot be intercepted.i doubt if the guy is a science student at all or is he just ignorant.brother interception is not 100meter race.it is like if usain bolt(russian missile) is running nd u want to intercept him,u dnt follow him from the back so that both of u will be measureing speed,rather u check the speed ,the track eg lng nd lat,then u corner him on his way.u dnt pursue him to match speed rather u corner him.when a missile is fired satelite useing gprs or tracker tracks it speed,direction.they will then know that no mater its speed that it must pass a particuler place on getting to its target ,then they will fire their on to go nd meet it on a spot along the target way.even if their own is nt as fast as your own ,since u must go tru a particuler root ,it is very easy to wait for u along the line.
Re: Israel Successfully Tests Arrow 3 Missile Interceptor by Nobody: 2:23am On Feb 27, 2013
Skankezzy:
some body said that the speed of that russian missle is hypersonic ,that it cannot be intercepted.i doubt if the guy is a science student at all or is he just ignorant.brother interception is not 100meter race.it is like if usain bolt(russian missile) is running nd u want to intercept him,u dnt follow him from the back so that both of u will be measureing speed,rather u check the speed ,the track eg lng nd lat,then u corner him on his way.u dnt pursue him to match speed rather u corner him.when a missile is fired satelite useing gprs or tracker tracks it speed,direction.they will then know that no mater its speed that it must pass a particuler place on getting to its target ,then they will fire their on to go nd meet it on a spot along the target way.even if their own is nt as fast as your own ,since u must go tru a particuler root ,it is very easy to wait for u along the line.

Cough Cough, its seems Im not the only one being 'deceived' by war films, nor unwilling to give myself a rest. grin

BTW, who tell you say war tech na track&field,or football for that matter ? grin

Anyways, there's no defense system with a hypersonic speed (Mach 6-7)capability in existence as we speak, and thats a fact. Please if you know of any in existence, please objective-minded readers would be glad to know. We need facts, not theoretical speculations. You obviously yarning opata, and do not know much about how defense systems work. A defense missile has to race towards its target while it tracks it at thesame time. At hypersonic speed, such feat is not possible, as of now. May be this can happen in the future, but as we speak, that remains an impossibility, and thats what matters.

Well, let me educate you on the difference between fact and speculation. Fact is something thats been practically proven. Speculation, on the other hand, is mere conjecture, passing opinion as fact. For instance, No human being has stepped foot on planet Mars, that's a fact. To say human beings can go to Mars, that remained to be proven, hence we call that SPECULATION. You get the difference now buddy?

This is what the Israeli news media (debka file) has to say about the Iskander missile, and its recent deployment in Syria; pay a close attention @ 1:20mins of the video to save urself time:

[flash=580,520]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRTqulvVcXI[/flash]
Re: Israel Successfully Tests Arrow 3 Missile Interceptor by Andyforte: 2:57am On Feb 27, 2013
ab1x: Nice development. I hope nija can emulate them in d near future

No way. We are still busy repairing roads and inaugurating street lights from yaba to Sango.

1 Like

Re: Israel Successfully Tests Arrow 3 Missile Interceptor by confusion247(m): 10:27pm On Mar 12, 2013
shymexx:

Can you cite any terrorist of Iranian origin and how Iran support terrorism??

Don't cite hezbollah because they are freedom fighters fighting for the sovereignty of Lebanon...

So Hezbollah are now Lebanese army? Kindly tell us the duty of lebanese army. Why don't Iran help Lebanese army?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Trump To Sue Twitter, Facebook, Google & Their CEOs Over Ban / Mark Milley: Chinese Missile Launch Very Concerning, Says Top US General / China And Uganda Dismiss Report That The Chinese Are Taking Over Entebbe Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.