Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,732 members, 7,824,066 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Man Sues Government Because Attempt To Deport Him Gave Him Nightmares - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Sues Government Because Attempt To Deport Him Gave Him Nightmares (668 Views)

My Experience , Atrocity And Nightmares As A Cultist In University / Nigerian Doctor Who Killed British Patient Sues Victim Son / Narrate Your Funny Nightmares If You Ever Had Them.must View!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Sues Government Because Attempt To Deport Him Gave Him Nightmares by Goldie20: 6:14pm On Feb 25, 2013
A criminal asylum seeker is suing the Government for £50,000 claiming their persistent attempts to deport him from Britain has left him unable to sleep and psychologically scarred.

Abdirahman Ajab, who has a string of previous convictions, says his treatment has given him 'mental problems' and 'nightmares' so the Home Office 'owe' him.

The 30-year-old Somalian has been convicted of robbery and false imprisonment but still convinced a High Court judge to let him stay in the UK several years ago.

He now says that being held at an immigration centre for eight months while the Government considered his case gave him mental health problems.

He was later sent to prison after an armed robbery but still managed to block another deportation attempt and was handed a taxpayer-funded flat in Tower Hamlets, east London.

Ajab has been in Britain since 1996 when he arrived as a 13-year-old asylum seeker from east Africa.

He has said that if he wins the £50,000 compensation case he would use it to buy land in Somalia, adding that he would like to go back home but the UK government is stopping him.

The Government have been doing me bad for years. It's given me mental problems. It's given me nightmares. They owe me man,' he told The Sun.

The Home Office, who are dealing with the case, told MailOnline they would not comment on individual cases.

But speaking about his claim that he is being stopped from leaving Britain a source said: 'He's more than welcome to leave.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2284095/Somali-asylum-seeker-Abdirahman-Ajab-string-convictions-sues-50-000-trying-deport-gave-nightmares.html#ixzz2LvqFyOxk

Re: Man Sues Government Because Attempt To Deport Him Gave Him Nightmares by dopeJemi: 6:53pm On Feb 25, 2013
na wa

Crase dey realLy dey worry some peopLe, mtcheww! I 4get sef.. Na asylum he dey
Re: Man Sues Government Because Attempt To Deport Him Gave Him Nightmares by Mynd44: 6:07am On Feb 26, 2013
I am looking for how this mofo will prove that he had nightmares

(1) (Reply)

Interpret The Picture. / Kidnappers Strikes Yet Again In Benin City, Edo State. / Please Help A Nairalander Win A Female Host Audition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.