Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Letter To Moderators And Webmasters - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Letter To Moderators And Webmasters (666 Views)

Open Letters To Moderators / Suggestion To Moderators On BANNING! *fellow Nlanders Wat Do U Think* / A Proposal To Moderators - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To Moderators And Webmasters by imperiouxx(m): 4:04pm On Apr 04, 2013
Dear Moderators and Webmasters,

You guys should stop seeding Ghanaian pictures or stories for frontpage. It's good that Nairaland is going "Africa wide" but moderators should be technical about this. It's called "Nairaland" synonymous to Nigeria not Africaland. Question is: has seun started having Ghanaian correspondents or merged ownership with any Ghanaian webmaster? Each time Ghanaian stuff is in frontpage, the outcome is insults on Nigerians and Nigeria. For someone like me, I don't take that shiit from them and when you reply, you serve ban term all because artificial power belongs to Mods.

It surprised me when I saw this thread on frontpage https://www.nairaland.com/1246200/ghanaian-celebrities-cars-drive-pictures/2 and the next is dirty mouthed Ghanaians singing Nigeria jagajaga and continue saying different kind of insults to Nigerians.

You moderators are killing the love for this forum. I don't pray that NL is in it's peak now because of fear of law of diminishing returns. It's good to be technical about things.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Letter To Moderators And Webmasters by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 04, 2013
I also got banned by mynd_44 because I only defended nigeria on that particular thread!

Seun should think straight wen choosing mods as must of dem are jst da.ft! angry
Re: Letter To Moderators And Webmasters by Mynd44: 2:46am On Apr 05, 2013
carr96: I also got banned by mynd_44 because I only defended nigeria on that particular thread!

Seun should think straight wen choosing mods as must of dem are jst da.ft! angry
Hmmm
Re: Letter To Moderators And Webmasters by Popowaa: 7:46am On Apr 05, 2013
Nigerians are the ones who start the dissing but i dont think it's even necessary to diss yourselves over useless things such as this.If it's nairaland so Ghanaian stuff shouldnt be posted here then tell seun to stop putting all non nigerian topics here.
imperiouxx: Dear Moderators and Webmasters,

You guys should stop seeding Ghanaian pictures or stories for frontpage. It's good that Nairaland is going "Africa wide" but moderators should be technical about this. It's called "Nairaland" synonymous to Nigeria not Africaland. Question is: has seun started having Ghanaian correspondents or merged ownership with any Ghanaian webmaster? Each time Ghanaian stuff is in frontpage, the outcome is insults on Nigerians and Nigeria. For someone like me, I don't take that shiit from them and when you reply, you serve ban term all because artificial power belongs to Mods.

It surprised me when I saw this thread on frontpage https://www.nairaland.com/1246200/ghanaian-celebrities-cars-drive-pictures/2 and the next is dirty mouthed Ghanaians singing Nigeria jagajaga and continue saying different kind of insults to Nigerians.

You moderators are killing the love for this forum. I don't pray that NL is in it's peak now because of fear of law of diminishing returns. It's good to be technical about things.

Thanks
Re: Letter To Moderators And Webmasters by imperiouxx(m): 4:16pm On Apr 05, 2013
Popowaa: Nigerians are the ones who start the dissing but i dont think it's even necessary to diss yourselves over useless things such as this.If it's nairaland so Ghanaian stuff shouldnt be posted here then tell seun to stop putting all non nigerian topics here.

Are you one of the mods/webmasters and of which section? Don't you read the title and did I say letter to nairalanders? This thread isn't for public discussion. It's for those in charge of NL. I wish I can delete your infectious comment.
Re: Letter To Moderators And Webmasters by Mynd44: 4:43pm On Apr 05, 2013
imperiouxx:

Are you one of the mods/webmasters and of which section? Don't you read the title and did I say letter to nairalanders? This thread isn't for public discussion. It's for those in charge of NL. I wish I can delete your infectious comment.
I wonder why you are so aggreessive. What is it? This is a public forum and everyone can make a comment on any thread they wish as long as they don't go against the rules. If you want to send an exclusive message, send a PM to the mods you wish.
Re: Letter To Moderators And Webmasters by imperiouxx(m): 4:49pm On Apr 05, 2013
Mynd_44:
I wonder why you are so aggreessive. What is it? This is a public forum and everyone can make a comment on any thread they wish as long as they don't go against the rules. If you want to send an exclusive message, send a PM to the mods you wish.

Aggressive for saying this thread isn't for discussion just to prevent unnecessary arguments. I don't know what your so called aggressiveness means.

FYI: I posted it here and the same time wrote seun. And you should know that banning people for days is uncalled for and such isn't seen with justwise (the best mod in travel section if not the whole NL). The worse he does is to hide the post, giving the person privilege of correction. That's what is called moderating not banning unnecessarily.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Moderators And Webmasters by Mynd44: 5:35pm On Apr 05, 2013
So when posters decide to turn a front page thread into a dissing contest between two countries, they should not be banned?

Okay......
Re: Letter To Moderators And Webmasters by imperiouxx(m): 11:54pm On Apr 05, 2013
Mynd_44: So when posters decide to turn a front page thread into a dissing contest between two countries, they should not be banned?

Okay......

So I was the first to start it or I met them insulting Nigerians and I joined in. Even with that, you think 5 days ban is what necessary to solve the issue..... Clap for yourself. You see reason why I said you need to be technical when delivering judgments. That doesn't require learning. I'm member in many international forums, ban isn't handed without prior warnings.... This is called tyranny.
Re: Letter To Moderators And Webmasters by Mynd44: 6:02am On Apr 06, 2013
Oh now I remember you..... But I will get back to it later.

There is a saying "Keep your head while others are losing theirs". Did you even stop to think that the bone of contention was silly and not worth it? Were you personally insulted or you just jumped in some misconcepted idea of Nationalism and decided to haul insults at one another.

Just imagine if an 8 year old Nigerian camo online cos he/she likes Chris Brown or Whizkid and he starts reading posts filled with that much hatred. Whay do you think he will start feeling. You chose to be careless with words and you got the consequense so please take it in good faith and next time don't do such....

Cheers
Re: Letter To Moderators And Webmasters by Mynd44: 6:03am On Apr 06, 2013
And please, you were banned for 3 days not 5.

(1) (Reply)

Reverse The Bill On Same Sex-cameroon / WISDOM AND Vision. things To Do To Be An Achiever. / Tragic! Tragic! Cirque Du Soleil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.