Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,583 members, 7,820,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

God Waited On Him For 30yrs To Put Away Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Waited On Him For 30yrs To Put Away Sin (818 Views)

Put Away Evil / God Waited On Him For 30yrs To Put Away Sin / Put Away Your Whoredoms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Waited On Him For 30yrs To Put Away Sin by sidespin: 10:27am On Feb 26, 2013
When my wife and I were still living in Texas, I went to pray for a man who had fluid in his lungs and was having difficulty breathing. The doctors had diagnosed him with cancer of the lungs. They said his lungs could only be drained so many times, and then they wouldn't be able to do anything else for him. I was standing on one side of his bed to pray for this man, and his brother-in-law was standing on the other side. I reached my hand out, laid it on the sick man's forehead, and started praying. As I prayed, I felt a warm hand take ahold of my hand and take it off his head. I opened my eyes and looked at the man. I thought maybe he had pulled my hand off his head because I was pressing too hard on his forehead. So I put my hand on the man again, shut my eyes, and started praying. But the same thing happened again. I felt a warm hand take my hand off his forehead. This time I kept my eyes open. I again laid my hand on his forehead with my eyes wide open. I couldn't see anything, but I felt a warm hand just take my hand off his head. I finally said to the Lord, "Lord, why did You take my hand off him?"

The Lord said, "Because he's going to die." I said, "But, Lord, he's only forty-three years old. You promised us long life. He's not old enough to die. How come he's going to die?" The Lord said, "I've been waiting on him for thirty years to judge himself and put away sin and live right. He was saved when he was thirteen years old. "I healed him one time of a broken back when he left his wife and was living in adultery. I waited on him for thirty years but he wouldn't judge himself, so I judged him and turned him over to Satan for the destruction of his flesh so his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. So you just leave him alone and let him come on home. He's ready now." Well, that was all revelation to me because I didn't know any of that about the man. But I don't just accept something just because it happens. I check up on it. The Bible said, "Prove all things, hold fast that which is good" (1 Thess. 5:21). So I talked to his sister. I told her what the Lord had said to me. She said, "Yes, that's exactly right. He left his wife and was living with another woman. One day he was working on a building, fell off a scaffold, and broke his back." This man's sister told me that the woman he was living with wouldn't take care of him, so he went back to his wife. He got to praying and got back into fellowship with God. Then he told his wife, "I'm healed!" and wanted the doctor to cut that cast off him. The doctor told him, "No, I can't do that. If I take that cast off now, you'll turn black and blue all over and fall dead on the floor." Well, the fellow finally convinced his sister to get the butcher knife and help him cut that cast off. Then he got out of bed, and just like the doctor had said, he turned black and blue and fell on the floor like he was dead. But then suddenly, he rose up completely healed. But he still didn't judge himself. God had told me, "I healed his back and waited on him for thirty years to judge himself and put away sin." Well, standing in that bedroom praying for the man, when the Lord told me not to pray for him, I didn't pray for him. The man asked me to take him down to the hospital so they could drain his lungs. After they drained his lungs, he could breathe better, so he came back home. He wasn't bedfast.

That afternoon my wife and I drove to East Texas to hold a meeting. We started the meeting on Sunday. On Sunday night, the phone rang, and it was this man's sister on the phone. She said, "My brother went home to be with the Lord just a little while ago." Then she told us what happened. She said, "The doctor came out and had Sunday dinner with us." This man's case was terminal, but he wasn't near death at that time. He could still go to the table and eat Sunday dinner with them. She related, "My brother asked the doctor, 'Doc, how much more time do I have?' "'Oh,' the doctor said, you don't have to worry about dying for another six months. We can only drain your lungs so many times. But the doctors are constantly working on a cure for cancer, and we might come up with a cure by then.' "My brother said, 'It may surprise you to know that I'm going home at 10:20 tonight.'" After dinner his sister went on to church. She told the pastor that her brother had said he was going home to be with the Lord at 10:20 that evening. Her brother couldn't go to church because he'd get to coughing and just disrupt the service. So he just stayed at home. After the service, the pastor drove by his house to check up on him. It was in the summertime, so the man was sitting out on the porch. The pastor told his sister, "I drove up to the curb and started talking to him." The house was fairly close to the curb, so the pastor just sat in his car and talked to the fellow. "I said to him, 'How are you doing?' "He said, 'Fine.' "I thought to myself, It's nearly 10 o'clock right now, and he looks fine to me. He's not going to die at 10:20! Here he is sitting on the front porch talking to me. So I came on home. "I had just barely gotten in the front door," this pastor said, "when the telephone rang. It was this man's sister. She told me, 'My brother died at 10:20, just like he said he would.'" Now that wasn't God's best. It wasn't God's perfect will for him to die at forty-three years of age. It was God's will for him to live out his full length of time down here without sickness or disease, but the man wouldn't judge himself and walk in love. The Bible said, "For this cause many are weak and sickly and die prematurely." You see, there are causes why people die prematurely. It's not God's best that His people don't live out their full length of time down here on this earth. But that's why we need to judge ourselves and make sure we walk in love. If you judge yourself, you'll not be judged by the Lord. (Kenneth E Hagin)

1 Like

Re: God Waited On Him For 30yrs To Put Away Sin by Deewonder(f): 11:01am On Feb 26, 2013
God have mercy

1 Like

Re: God Waited On Him For 30yrs To Put Away Sin by sidespin: 11:21am On Feb 26, 2013
Deewonder: God have mercy

Our lives on earth should be daily dedicated to learning about the WAYS of God so that we'll not be disappointed on that day. if we can things like this here on earth, it will go a long way in helping us today, tomoro & forever
Re: God Waited On Him For 30yrs To Put Away Sin by BukkyDan(f): 3:03pm On Feb 26, 2013
Lord have mercy on us

1 Like

Re: God Waited On Him For 30yrs To Put Away Sin by ooman4: 8:52pm On Feb 26, 2013
COMPLETE AND ABSOLUTE NONSENSE! IS YOUR GOD A TERRORIST NOW?
Re: God Waited On Him For 30yrs To Put Away Sin by seyibrown(f): 10:49pm On Feb 27, 2013
Food for thought! Revelation for the living! sad

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers / A Misconception Of My Position And The Hate Factor / Where Does Your Soul Go Once You Die?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.