Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

Pls Advice: Which Is Better, A 2010 Ford Edge And A 2010 Mazda CX-9? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Advice: Which Is Better, A 2010 Ford Edge And A 2010 Mazda CX-9? (3105 Views)

I Need An Advice On Rx 330,ford Edge And Mdx / Mazda Cx-7 Sport Edition / Pre-order Or Nigerian Buy; Which Is Better? A Dealer's Insight! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advice: Which Is Better, A 2010 Ford Edge And A 2010 Mazda CX-9? by khar: 10:59am On Feb 26, 2013
Please, I'm trying to get one out of both cars and I am seeking your honest opinion on which is better, in terms of fuel efficiency and cost of maintenance, here in Nigeria.
I'll really appreciate ur kind opinion.

Thank you.
Re: Pls Advice: Which Is Better, A 2010 Ford Edge And A 2010 Mazda CX-9? by mygee33(m): 4:20pm On Feb 26, 2013
d Mazda would be ideal! in terms of fuel Economy,
Re: Pls Advice: Which Is Better, A 2010 Ford Edge And A 2010 Mazda CX-9? by sultaan(m): 2:44am On Feb 27, 2013
khar: Please, I'm trying to get one out of both cars and I am seeking your honest opinion on which is better, in terms of fuel efficiency and cost of maintenance, here in Nigeria.
I'll really appreciate ur kind opinion.

Thank you.

Read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_CX-9

7 passengers over 5 in Edge but Edge looks a lot cooler
Re: Pls Advice: Which Is Better, A 2010 Ford Edge And A 2010 Mazda CX-9? by khar: 12:15pm On Feb 27, 2013
Thank you very much guys. I hear the Ford Edge s pretty expensive to maintain.
Re: Pls Advice: Which Is Better, A 2010 Ford Edge And A 2010 Mazda CX-9? by sultaan(m): 12:53am On Feb 28, 2013
What is expensive with oil change and tire rotation?

That is all you need for any car, remember both of them are same just under different name.

most of the new cars use 5w20 which is not available in Nigeria.

If you are worried about how expensive it is to maintain, ask the guy who just lost his Camry to robbers; you need something you don't have to fear driving.
Re: Pls Advice: Which Is Better, A 2010 Ford Edge And A 2010 Mazda CX-9? by Nobody: 6:06am On Feb 28, 2013
Both of cars are equally good.

Buy the best one out of the two in terms of previous maintenance history.
Re: Pls Advice: Which Is Better, A 2010 Ford Edge And A 2010 Mazda CX-9? by Konnektions146(m): 10:33am On Mar 01, 2013
i have a colleague that uses a Ford.....i bet he cursed the day he bought that vehicle......
Re: Pls Advice: Which Is Better, A 2010 Ford Edge And A 2010 Mazda CX-9? by sultaan(m): 9:54pm On Mar 01, 2013
Konnektions146: i have a colleague that uses a Ford.....i bet he cursed the day he bought that vehicle......

So what kind of ford does your friend own?

Your problem might be caused by lack of knowledge, if you know a little more about cars, then you will understand most of the problem is caused by owners and mechanics; fewer problems cause by bad roads from the complaints I have seen on this forum.

I have seen a lot of people post problems with their Murano, Camry,Accord and Highlander but not one on a Ford Edge.

It could be argued that there fewer Edges on Nigerian roads, but the stat indicates the Edges sells a lot more than Murano, and Highlander
Re: Pls Advice: Which Is Better, A 2010 Ford Edge And A 2010 Mazda CX-9? by Konnektions146(m): 11:08am On Mar 02, 2013
sultaan:

So what kind of ford does your friend own?

Your problem might be caused by lack of knowledge, if you know a little more about cars, then you will understand most of the problem is caused by owners and mechanics; fewer problems cause by bad roads from the complaints I have seen on this forum.

I have seen a lot of people post problems with their Murano, Camry,Accord and Highlander but not one on a Ford Edge.

It could be argued that there fewer Edges on Nigerian roads, but the stat indicates the Edges sells a lot more than Murano, and Highlander
actually its more like nechanics and lack if parts. the gearbox and engine of that car was changed within 10months of purchase.....as well the AC was havin issues the last time we went to work.
Re: Pls Advice: Which Is Better, A 2010 Ford Edge And A 2010 Mazda CX-9? by FindOut(m): 3:05pm On Mar 03, 2013
Comparing Ford Edge & Mazda CX-9 is like comparing Pontiac Vibe & first generation Toyota Matrix or comparing Hyundai Accent & Kia Rio.

Both CUVs are similiar in design, powered by the same engine, and I suspect reliability will be almost the same. Whichever one you buy, its not a car that you'll give to a roadside mechanic. As pointed out above, the CX-9 is a 7 seater while the Edge is a 5 seater, and personally, the CX-9 is more beautiful in and out & more suitable for a family.

& these cars are generally reliable if you take good care of them & adhere strictly to maintenance schedules, i don't forsee a problem. However, join or at least visit the cars' dedicated forums before and after purchase so you know what you are buying very well already & know what and what not to expect.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

K-tag Original 100% Rework Solution / How Much Does A DANFO BUS COST. / Tokunbo Evil Spirit � Scarcity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.