Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Possible Location On Missing Tradewing Beechcraft 1900d Airplane - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Possible Location On Missing Tradewing Beechcraft 1900d Airplane (2745 Views)

Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash / Crashed Dana Airplane's Manifest / Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Possible Location On Missing Tradewing Beechcraft 1900d Airplane by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 18, 2008
[color=#990000]as copied from the post on the professional pilot rumour website pprune.org under african aviation
Please Pass Position Of Possible Crash Site
To all out there,
I'm not sure who has connections to the Search and Rescue in Nigeria. I work here at the Australian Search and Rescue/COSPAS SARSAT Mission Control Centre and picked up the 406Mhz distress signal from possibly the aeroplane in question, twenty-two hours ago, precisely at 171100UTC. The beacon is still active as I can see on my screen here in Australia. I'm unsure at this stage if this detection is linked to this discussion. It's an ELT with HEX ID 2DC8381174FFBFF. The position is as follows; 04 19.3N 005 49.6E
Contact the company if the above HEX ID matches that of the missing aircraft. For those of us who deal with satellite derived positions, the accuracy could be within a radius of 5 nautical miles.
Please pass on as soon as possible. There could still be somebody alive, as the beacon is still very much sending out signals. Someone alive could have set it off! Let us forget the politics and save someone as soon as we can. I am bypassing protocols here as well.
Last edited by AircraftCarrier : Today at 09:16. Reason: More Info [color=#990000]
[/color][/color][b][/b]
Re: Possible Location On Missing Tradewing Beechcraft 1900d Airplane by Seun(m): 9:25pm On Apr 07, 2008
Damn. Any survivors would be dead by now if this is true.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3986570
Re: Possible Location On Missing Tradewing Beechcraft 1900d Airplane by beefblaze(m): 9:49pm On Apr 07, 2008
March 18- April 07=20 dayz of intense hunger strike+choke+many more dis-eases, cry cry cry cry cry cry
Don't fink we can make it! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Possible Location On Missing Tradewing Beechcraft 1900d Airplane by Frizy(m): 9:50pm On Apr 07, 2008
Sorry, is there another missing plane from Nigeria? cry What is really going on?
Re: Possible Location On Missing Tradewing Beechcraft 1900d Airplane by Sentra: 9:50pm On Apr 07, 2008
Well I think we should ask ourselves this one question before we rule out that all those aboard the plane are dead – If your loved one is on that plane, will you just assume he / she is dead just like that without checking out this lead? Well I know someone that has a relative on that plane.

Good job  mademan112
Re: Possible Location On Missing Tradewing Beechcraft 1900d Airplane by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 07, 2008
@ all,

but lets assume the so-called governor the plane was going to fetch, i mean LIYEL IMOKE, was on the plane, will we be saying for almost 3 weeks now, the body of a governor involved in an air crash is nowhere to be found?

Maybe the airport authorities will come up with another Bermuda Triangle in Obudu.

I remember an air crash which occured last year at indonesia where for several weeks the several international organizations joined hands with the indonesian government in locating the aircraft, i dont think that will happen in our case.

WELL NOTHING SEEMS TO AMUSE AGAIN IN THIS COUNTRY, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN, LIKE A THE AVIATION MINISTER COMING OUT TO SAY THEY'VE FOUND THE WRECKAGE AND BODIES
Re: Possible Location On Missing Tradewing Beechcraft 1900d Airplane by outlaws(m): 8:11am On Apr 08, 2008
cool
This time in society airplanes should have gps tracking systems. Phones even have the technology.
Re: Possible Location On Missing Tradewing Beechcraft 1900d Airplane by oldie(m): 11:00am On Apr 08, 2008
With the given coordinates, the plane would be in the sea (or some island in the sea)

Re: Possible Location On Missing Tradewing Beechcraft 1900d Airplane by oldie(m): 11:02am On Apr 08, 2008
I hope this is the position of the missing plane
Or is it something else?
Re: Possible Location On Missing Tradewing Beechcraft 1900d Airplane by Frando29(m): 11:09am On Apr 08, 2008
The updated information says that the signal was coming from a helicopter in the Niger-Delta region. Here is the info below:

I just got a call from Nigeria advising the HEX ID of the missing craft. It did not match the one we just detected. That we have found out is coming from an oil platform in the Niger Delta, possibly from a Helo. The signal has was not detected on the last satellite pass. So, the word could have gone around to the owners. We are still working on the HEX ID of the Aircraft in question. The details have just been made available to us.
From experience, it is not uncommon to find a distressed aircraft way off its planned flight path. On one rare incident, a KingAir flew past its destination without contacting the Air Traffic Control. Guess what happened when we intercepted it, both Pilots and passengers were all unconcious! There was nothing that could be done in the air, except follow them to where the auto-pilot took them to. Needless to say what the outcome was!
Another reported conducting an Instrument Approach in IMC conditions within the vicinity of the destination airport and disappeared. We found it way off the Instrument Approach path.
We don't take chances when it comes to Search And Rescue. We work with every bit of intelligence we can get.
I am very impressed how effective this forum is and the high level of concern people show towards helping one another.
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Possible Location On Missing Tradewing Beechcraft 1900d Airplane by nossycheek(f): 3:33pm On Apr 08, 2008
Methink the plane is in the river/sea/ocean or whatever you call it but definitely not on the land
Re: Possible Location On Missing Tradewing Beechcraft 1900d Airplane by Rhea(f): 4:39pm On Apr 08, 2008
This would be a major milestone for Nairaland if this plane is found via info provided in this forum
Re: Possible Location On Missing Tradewing Beechcraft 1900d Airplane by oldie(m): 4:50pm On Apr 08, 2008
My candid opinion is that if the plane was missing, it would be found close to its destination than anywhere else
But I have an eerie feeling that the plane is not missing!
The true story will be told at the end of the day
Re: Possible Location On Missing Tradewing Beechcraft 1900d Airplane by Name5: 5:55pm On Apr 08, 2008
hmmm.
Re: Possible Location On Missing Tradewing Beechcraft 1900d Airplane by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 08, 2008
My candid opinion is that if the plane was missing, it would be found close to its destination than anywhere else
But I have an eerie feeling that the plane is not missing!
The true story will be told at the end of the day

I somewhat also feel the plane isn't missing,

but with the information given , the longitude and latitude recorded is a bit far away from its destination, and the report was that it lost contact 10 mins to arrival time.

Re: Possible Location On Missing Tradewing Beechcraft 1900d Airplane by babycool(f): 7:44pm On Apr 08, 2008
I also have the opinion that by the time this plane is found all the personnel on board will be long dead, the annoying thing about it is i don't understand why the Nigerian goverment prefer medicine after death, all they can do now is to blab about the installation of beacon 06, why didnt they think of that before now?

From the information i gathered, it is believed that  plane  had the 06 installed yet they can't still trace it? The previous crashes had the black box yet we don't know about the recordings? I think we are not being told exactly what is going on.  sad
Re: Possible Location On Missing Tradewing Beechcraft 1900d Airplane by gbogboade(f): 9:41pm On Apr 08, 2008
hmmm,nawah for this country ooh
Re: Possible Location On Missing Tradewing Beechcraft 1900d Airplane by Seun(m): 10:19am On Apr 09, 2008
It may have been hijacked or stolen somehow.
Re: Possible Location On Missing Tradewing Beechcraft 1900d Airplane by oldie(m): 3:45pm On Apr 09, 2008
Seun:

It may have been hijacked or stolen somehow.
I think the latter lipsrsealed
Re: Possible Location On Missing Tradewing Beechcraft 1900d Airplane by delegiwa(m): 10:51am On Apr 10, 2008
Is it possible to steal a plane like that?
Re: Possible Location On Missing Tradewing Beechcraft 1900d Airplane by ogbotobo(m): 12:43pm On Apr 10, 2008
This is a simple case of the crew (there were no passengers on board) taking that plane to a new destination without telling anybody. After all it was a fairly new aircraft in good condition. So one should probably look beyond the borders of Nigeria trying to locate it.  I am sure it will re-emerge sooner or later with a new registration and different colour scheme.  And as to "evade local radar":  Are you kidding? There ain't such a thing anywhere near that area!
Re: Possible Location On Missing Tradewing Beechcraft 1900d Airplane by Raimond(m): 11:21am On Apr 21, 2008
Word has it that one of the S/south Govs. used the plane to move cash to Sao Tome, and we r here worrying our asses black, The plane did not crash, and it is far from missing> angry
Re: Possible Location On Missing Tradewing Beechcraft 1900d Airplane by chrisoml(m): 2:00pm On Apr 21, 2008
Raimond:

Word has it that one of the S/south Govs. used the plane to move cash to Sao Tome, and we r here worrying our asses black, The plane did not crash, and it is far from missing> angry

Guy do you have a proof to this? we need one to be sure.

(1) (Reply)

Help Needed For Getting Schengen Visa / German Visa Refusal / Nigerians In Seychelles? Please I Need Help !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.