Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Side Effect Of Chemical Peels - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Side Effect Of Chemical Peels (3547 Views)

Lets Talk Chemical Peels/exfoliation...doing It Right! / Cocoderm Cream,what The Side Effect / A To Z Of Chemical Peels. All U Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Side Effect Of Chemical Peels by sophy09: 3:34am On Feb 27, 2013
I am considering chemical peel for my acne and spots. Is it advisable for a black skin? I want to find out if anyone has tried it and the outcome. Thanks
Re: Side Effect Of Chemical Peels by jennann(f): 4:32pm On Feb 27, 2013
Yea, me too. Would like to try it but I' m scared of side-effects. Anyone who can educate us more?
Re: Side Effect Of Chemical Peels by kandiikane(m): 7:55pm On Feb 27, 2013
I use them on my scars but not really on my face. The side effects are, they can burn you, cause redness and spot especially if you're fairskinned. I've never had any problems because I'm very careful when using it. My friend used it on her face and got burnt because she left it on for too long. You can always go get it done by a professional.

I like it and I recommend it.
Re: Side Effect Of Chemical Peels by jennann(f): 11:54am On Mar 01, 2013
@Kandi, which product do you use for your peel and where do you get it from? Any other good recommendations?
Re: Side Effect Of Chemical Peels by lao(f): 6:47pm On Mar 01, 2013
There are different chemcial peels it depends on what you are out to get.
Re: Side Effect Of Chemical Peels by kandiikane(m): 7:07pm On Mar 01, 2013
jennann: @Kandi, which product do you use for your peel and where do you get it from? Any other good recommendations?

I use lactic acid. I'm not sure what exactly you're looking for but you can look for products with kojic acid, to clear the spots.
Re: Side Effect Of Chemical Peels by jennann(f): 11:29pm On Mar 01, 2013
I just want to smoothen out my face and fade a few dark spots.
Re: Side Effect Of Chemical Peels by sophy09: 11:37pm On Mar 01, 2013
I heard it is pretty scary and the face starts to peel off. Is it true?
Re: Side Effect Of Chemical Peels by kandiikane(m): 12:07am On Mar 02, 2013
Lol, no your face doesn't peel off.

Your skin sheds skin and this basically helps it peel quicker and evenly revealing a bright even skin underneath.

The peeling looks like normal skin peeling.

@jenneni where exactly do you stay? You can buy kojic acid soaps if you don't want to do a chemical peel.
Re: Side Effect Of Chemical Peels by London2011(f): 4:30am On Mar 02, 2013
Jessener is good for black skin... TCA is stronger but not advisable for black skin...

I didn't listen and used the deep strength TCA anyway... It's burnt my skin .. Now I'm getting rid of the burn with black soap.. Lol!

But yea chemical peels are so effective if you know how to do it right, it has removed my childhood scars from my knees, elbows, my scar from old naval piercing... It even flattened down an old raised scar (similar to a keloid) I had on my stomach from 15years ago! I just need a few more peels on that scar till the colour is even with the rest of my skin.

Oh yea.. And the stretch marks from my pregnancy... GONE...

I love this ish...

1 Like

Re: Side Effect Of Chemical Peels by jennann(f): 4:14pm On Mar 02, 2013
I stay in Asaba. I' m really considering the chemical peel but dunno where to get one from. Any pointers?
Re: Side Effect Of Chemical Peels by jennann(f): 4:19pm On Mar 02, 2013
@London2011, did you say it helped with stretchmarks? I' m soo interested in this. Did you use the milder peel or stronger TCA peel?
Re: Side Effect Of Chemical Peels by beautique(f): 5:47pm On Mar 07, 2013
jennann: @London2011, did you say it helped with stretchmarks? I' m soo interested in this. Did you use the milder peel or stronger TCA peel?
If u don't knw hw to use peels, ull be doing your skin more harm than good. Since its your face, just get a good AHA soap and you'll be good.
There are peels for the face, they are milder than body peels, don't just use any peel on ur face.
Re: Side Effect Of Chemical Peels by London2011(f): 11:26pm On Apr 01, 2013
jennann: @London2011, did you say it helped with stretchmarks? I' m soo interested in this. Did you use the milder peel or stronger TCA peel?

I used the deep strength TCA.. Yes it worked very effectively on my stretch marks. Took me 3-4 applications like 4 weeks apart.

(1) (Reply)

Tala Oil Removes Unwanted Body Hairs Permanently / Brave Fighter Cheats Unlimited Gold And Diamonds / Ondo State Nigeria,tobi Phillips Crowned World Miss University Africa 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.