Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,787 members, 7,956,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:18 PM

Australian Billionaire To Build Exact Replica Of Titanic - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Australian Billionaire To Build Exact Replica Of Titanic (1819 Views)

Exact Replica Of The Titanic Sets Sail In 2018 / Coffin-shaped Toilet Built In Australian Cemetery / New Titanic (pictures). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Australian Billionaire To Build Exact Replica Of Titanic by Nobody: 1:24am On Feb 28, 2013
DOOMED liner the Titanic will be revived in a replica that will see passenger split into classes and unable to mix with each other - just like on the original.

But unlike its predecessor the new version WILL have enough lifeboats for every person on board.

Guests will have to choose which class to belong to.

The grand design for the ship set to sail in 2016 was revealed yesterday as its designer hailed it the "most safe cruise ship in the world".

Lavish ... ship's interior

Work out ... gym area

Markku Kanerva claimed there was no vessel on Earth which compared to Titanic II.

Similar claims were made about the original ship before it hit an iceberg and sank on its maiden voyage to New York in 1912 - costing 1,502 lives.

That has not stopped a massive 40,000 prospective passengers signing up for tickets despite the Australian mining billionaire bankrolling the project refusing to tempt fate and declare it unsinkable.

Demand ... more than 40,000 people have already signed up

Clive Palmer said: "I think anything will sink if you put a hole in it. I think you'd be very cavalier to say something like that.

"I think people in the past have done that and lived to regret it."

The blueprint was unveiled in New York. The vessel will boast a grand staircase similar to that seen in the 1997 James Cameron blockbuster starring Kate Winslet.

Seating area ... ship will be exact copy of original

Its six-day maiden voyage will take place in late 2016, following the same route the original took from Southampton to complete Titanic's ill-fated journey.

Guests will be provided with period clothing to get them in the mood and TVs and the internet are banned.

There will even be "Marconi Room" from where the original Titanic sent its final SOS.

Dining area ... lower class passengers won't be able to mix with upper class

Mr Kanerva, of Finnish boat designers Deltamarin, said: "I can assure you that from a safety point of view it will be absolutely the most safe cruise ship in the world.

"We are taking into account all of the possible incidents and accidents and we try to simulate all of those occasions. Collision is the most common accident we are talking about."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4815388/aussie-billionaire-to-build-exact-replica-of-titanic.html
Re: Australian Billionaire To Build Exact Replica Of Titanic by Nobody: 1:28am On Feb 28, 2013
All the 15 year old girls who watched the film for Leo are now grown up and earning thier own money and can spend it pretending to be in 1912. One thing I would say (which would help convince people who are against it for moral reasons) is it would be an incredible history lesson and whilst is isn't out at sea it should be availlable to history students and schools in the local areas it docks.

On a side note, I'd laugh if it sunk.

lol
Re: Australian Billionaire To Build Exact Replica Of Titanic by Caracta(f): 2:07am On Feb 28, 2013
Wow! Interesting. Lets see how it goes.
We need a new "Jack and Rose". Fingers crossed.
Re: Australian Billionaire To Build Exact Replica Of Titanic by Nobody: 2:29am On Feb 28, 2013
we can become the new jack and rose cool cool cool

2016 is three yrs from now....we can save towards it.....#justsayin
Re: Australian Billionaire To Build Exact Replica Of Titanic by braine(m): 2:39am On Feb 28, 2013
I must board this boat; the uppermost class, with my Rose. grin Too much money syndrome. shocked
Re: Australian Billionaire To Build Exact Replica Of Titanic by Caracta(f): 2:49am On Feb 28, 2013
lucenzo: we can become the new jack and rose cool cool cool

2016 is three yrs from now....we can save towards it.....#justsayin
shocked shocked shocked
Hehehehehehe grin

#justgrinning
Re: Australian Billionaire To Build Exact Replica Of Titanic by Nobody: 3:53am On Feb 28, 2013
[size=13pt]Has anyone seen the crappy film called "Titanic II"? Lol.[/size]
Re: Australian Billionaire To Build Exact Replica Of Titanic by braine(m): 7:21am On Feb 28, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Has anyone seen the crappy film called "Titanic II"? Lol.[/size]

I have seen it. grin the one starring Ramsey Noah and Genevieve right?grin
Re: Australian Billionaire To Build Exact Replica Of Titanic by homesteady(m): 8:37am On Feb 28, 2013
LOL!! I thought dy'll tempt GOD again by saying "Even GOD can't sink it".

And sorry y'll claiming you are the new jack!! I'm the new jack!! I'm getting my drawing instruments ready so that i'll draw rose again!! I hope she is more sexy than b4...
Re: Australian Billionaire To Build Exact Replica Of Titanic by Nobody: 8:41am On Feb 28, 2013
[size=13pt]Lol @ braine grin

Na wa o. See as una dey fight to be Jack, a dead man.[/size]
Re: Australian Billionaire To Build Exact Replica Of Titanic by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 28, 2013
@ogugua.... Shey you will be my rose?
Re: Australian Billionaire To Build Exact Replica Of Titanic by BecaciaBarbie(f): 9:05pm On Mar 07, 2013
braine:

I have seen it. grin the one starring Ramsey Noah and Genevieve right?grin
grin grin grin
Re: Australian Billionaire To Build Exact Replica Of Titanic by Kslib(m): 9:51pm On Mar 07, 2013
lucenzo:

But unlike its predecessor the new version WILL have enough lifeboats for every person on board.

Since difference dey,then nobi TATANIC dem dey build.. The ship name suppose be TATANOA or TATADIE cos for titanic,life boat no reach everybody....
Re: Australian Billionaire To Build Exact Replica Of Titanic by BecaciaBarbie(f): 10:35pm On Mar 07, 2013
Kslib:
Since difference dey,then nobi TATANIC dem dey build.. The ship name suppose be TATANOA or TATADIE cos for titanic,life boat no reach everybody....
huh...
Re: Australian Billionaire To Build Exact Replica Of Titanic by Nobody: 10:48pm On Mar 07, 2013
lucenzo: @ogugua.... Shey you will be my rose?

[size=13pt]No. The girl mumu.[/size]
Re: Australian Billionaire To Build Exact Replica Of Titanic by Kslib(m): 12:46am On Mar 09, 2013
Becacia_Barbie:
huh...
If ear dey scratch you,make you go put for horse nyash nah.. No be only HUH na HAHAHUHEHE!!!!!! Msheeeeww
Re: Australian Billionaire To Build Exact Replica Of Titanic by BecaciaBarbie(f): 10:19am On Mar 12, 2013
Kslib:
If ear dey scratch you,make you go put for horse nyash nah.. No be only HUH na HAHAHUHEHE!!!!!! Msheeeeww
L̃̾=))Õ̾☺Ôº‎​˚˚°º‎​=Dº‎​˚˚°º‎​Ô☺Ô=))L̃! This guy is more confused than President Johnathan... sad

(1) (Reply)

Nokia Mail And Chat By Yahoo To Be Disconnected On 9th March / Human Kindness At It'a Peak / Win With Me(sport Betting Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.