Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion (18468 Views)

Students Sitting On The Floor At Tafawa-Balewa University For Lectures (Photo) / Jane Ihuoma-Ottah Expelled From RUST Over Of Hearing & Speech Problem / 3 Covenant University Students Expelled Over Live Sex, Unclad Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion by mayrie1(f): 11:11am On Feb 28, 2013
Admin, I av just disvirgined my eyes afta seeing dose pics above. Pls do sumtin.

What is circular music? Is it related to hiphop? If I listen to Asap Rocky and Co- f***ing problem, will I be expelled too?

Objection My Lord! D accused claims that my client here swore an oat to abide to the rule of the school and according to them he failed to abide to it by listening and watching circular music and video on "His Laptop" in "His Room". But my Lord, invading of a nigeria citizen privacy is against the country's human rights which is in the constitution. So in order words, so far they are citizens of this country, the country law must be followed bt instead the school developed rules which are against the country's law thereby rendering it illegal. My Lord I am hereby asking that my client here should be compensated with the sum of 10 million Naira and full scholarship in the accused school till he graduates for the deprivation of his legal human rights, I rest my case.

Anybody can win that case. I am just a science student and I still have beta chance of winning the case nt to mention a professional lawyer.

Anyway, let me get back to my movie- Unfaithful, then afta dat I will watch Original sin, 9 songs, Show girls. I am a sex addict, and Never talk to strangers. C'mon they are just movies.

1 Like

Re: Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion by badesco(m): 11:14am On Feb 28, 2013
To be sincere that rule is too harsh for the students, however that does not the students should engage in an unwholesome or stupid act. May be suspension would have been ideal for such offence.By taking the school authority to court that student should note that his action will definitely affect his educational performance(i mean his G.P) if he eventually won the case.
Re: Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion by metti(m): 11:18am On Feb 28, 2013
badesco: To be sincere that rule is too harsh for the students, however that does not the students should engage in an unwholesome or stupid act. May be suspension would have been ideal for such offence.By taking the school authority to court that student should note that his action will definitely affect his educational performance(i mean his G.P) if he eventually won the case.

How will it affect his G.P?
Re: Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion by Acidosis(m): 11:18am On Feb 28, 2013
Mad Cow:

Also children wey no fit pass JAMB as well!

shattap there!!! oga-na-me-carry-jamb- for-head-with-400/400-score...

Most of you ended up in the over-populated state & federal unis with less facilities because your parents could not afford Expensive private unis like American University of Nigeria, Yola where students pay N1.5m/session..

I hate it when people insult private uni students with this jamb thing as if their destiny dey for jamb office.

Mind you I attended a public school... BUT if I had the money then to pass through Cambridge or one of these exensive medical schools in India wher they've never heard of anything called jamb... My guy na their I for go!

1 Like

Re: Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion by revelation2013(m): 11:20am On Feb 28, 2013
Yomieluv: Am not in support of the expulsion of the student,but I know the student is aware of the consequence of such act,if you can't live by simple rule,I see no reason for going to such school,when there's law,then there's a sin. There are other schools to go,if you can't cope with simple basic instruction.

Mtchewwww
Re: Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion by mayrie1(f): 11:20am On Feb 28, 2013
Admin, I av just disvirgined my eyes afta seeing dose pics above. Pls do sumtin.

What is circular music? Is it related to hiphop? If I listen to Asap Rocky and Co- f***ing problem, will I be expelled too?

Objection My Lord! D accused claims that my client here swore an oat to abide to the rule of the school and according to them he failed to abide to it by listening and watching to circular music and video on "His Laptop" in "His Room". But my Lord, invading of a nigeria citizen privacy particular is against the country's human rights which is in the constitution. So in order words, so far they are citizens of this country, the country law must be followed bt instead the school developed rules which are against the country's law thereby rendering it illegal. My Lord I am hereby asking that my client here should be compensated with the sum of 10 million Naira and full scholarship in the accused school till he graduates for the deprivation of his legal human rights, I rest my case.

Anybody can win that case. I am just a science student and I still have beta chance of winning the case nt to mention a professional lawyer.

Anyway, let me get back to my movie- Unfaithful, then afta dat I will watch Original sin, 9 songs, Show girls. I am a sex addict, and Never talk to strangers. C'mon they are just movies.
Re: Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion by omodapson(m): 11:27am On Feb 28, 2013
Did the guy hurt anyone with his actions? Why expel him for a 'crime' that does no harm to nobody.
Re: Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion by mayor007(m): 11:28am On Feb 28, 2013
rezzy: Abeg, those law abi rules are too much. Ahahaha, even when has circular music now become a sin? If the guy has sworn to the martriculation oath, then he should have abided to it. He should face the music.
LWKMD! So according to these private universities, he who listens to music should be ready to face the music.
Re: Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion by ceejayluv(m): 11:28am On Feb 28, 2013
goldfish80: I guess y'll missing something. They 'Accused' τђΞ lad of playing circular music on his laptop. embarassed
"Secular"
Re: Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion by Acidosis(m): 11:28am On Feb 28, 2013
Dignitary: And it is not 'circular music'..it ought to be 'secular music'

@ D POST, is anyone surprised? Private universities in Nigeria are mushroom secondary schools!!! No one, I repeat, NO ONE can ever graduate from a private uni in Nig and not have a destroyed 'adult reasoning'.

I have met quite a number of their graduates n I can tell that they have a sheep like mentality!!! Why won't they when they were deprived of their innate adult right to make choices?

* Private universities in Nig will continue to lack behind federal uni's because they are everything universities are not supposed to be!!!
Check out the top 60 universities in the world (Havard,etc) and mention any top university that gags univ students!!!

* Their concept of 'university' is warped!!!

so what kind of mentality do you want

A GOAT mentality filled with dubious techniques... se.. xuAl perverts, professional cultists and thieves

Go and check the list of corrupt politicians today and trace their educational background...

Most of them are products of YOUR glorified public lawless camps called universities...

2 Likes

Re: Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion by Serendipity: 11:42am On Feb 28, 2013
Acidosis:

Most of you ended up in the over-populated state & federal unis with less facilities because your parents could not afford Expensive private unis like American University of Nigeria, Yola where students pay N1.5m/session..

I hate it when people insult private uni students with this jamb thing as if their destiny dey for jamb office.

Mind you I attended a public school... BUT if I had the money then to pass through Cambridge or one of these exensive medical schools in India wher they've never heard of anything called jamb... My guy na their I for go!

the guy's statement was somewhat blanket but has vestiges of truth in it and as such shoudnt be discountet as speccious like you just did.
Re: Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion by ichidodo: 11:43am On Feb 28, 2013
Forget. Private universities are useless, i prefer monotechnics to them.
Re: Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion by Willgates(m): 11:46am On Feb 28, 2013
Awoofawo:

I am compiling names of insane people on Nairaland and MadCow is the first member of Nairaland Association of Insane
People (NAIP)

Please make u na help me congrat MadCow!!!!winkwinkcheesy

On a serious note why are some people here just plain st.up.idy, tribal warlord!!! They alway turn reasonable discussion into tribal bashing....... MadCow I used to admired you but you fall big time this morning, abi you don smoke pawpaw leaf ni! sadsadsad
n itz nt alway,it ought to b ALWAYS!
Re: Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion by Richy4(m): 11:47am On Feb 28, 2013
I guess they do not have Theater/ Music department in that school. when a friend was telling me about some of this ridiculous laws in some of the private institutions in Nigeria, I find it hard to believe. I think the school management should take a chill pill alittle, it will help calm their nerves. yes there should be discipline in the school but the military regime way of doing this is not really right. If he become a success tomorrow, probably in Music Industry,they will claim he is one of their product.

1 Like

Re: Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion by Acidosis(m): 11:53am On Feb 28, 2013
Serendipity:
the guy's statement was somewhat blanket but has vestiges of truth in it and as such shoudnt be discountet as speccious like you just did.

Can you pls bring out the truth in his statement..

Mention the names of Nigerian unis that admit students without jamb..

[Mind you ALL (I mean ALL) Nigerian unis (privates, states and federal) admits students without jamb result]

1 Like

Re: Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion by ichidodo: 11:54am On Feb 28, 2013
PERSONAL GROWTH SHOULD BE HORIZONTAL AS WELL AS VERTICAL. IF A LEARNIN ENVIRONMENT FROWNS SERIOUSLY AT HORIZONTAL GROWTH THEN I GUESS IT IS NOT A UNIVERSITY BUT A GLORIFIED SECONDARY SCHOOL.
Re: Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion by kumbalo(m): 11:58am On Feb 28, 2013
Mad Cow: Useless Yoruba School! angry
Your name says it all! Ewu!!!
Re: Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion by Acidosis(m): 12:02pm On Feb 28, 2013
ichidodo: Forget. Private universities are useless, i prefer monotechnics to them.

Can you give us your reasons??

Is it because they didn't allow you to practise ur cultism??

or sleep with girls at the corner of SUG building??

Oh.. cos they banned you for sagging your old dirty trousers with ur dirty boxers like some touts around campus, right?

Or maybe they allow their students graduate in 3-4years like their counterparts abroad?

Or maybe you're bitter cos they do not 'deprive' students of their REAL academic grades..

c'mon, give us your reasons..

3 Likes

Re: Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion by Awoofawo(m): 12:04pm On Feb 28, 2013
Willgates: n itz nt alway,it ought to b ALWAYS!

Thank o! Prof. Emeritus Linguists. Typing on phone no easy o!
Re: Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion by eikeem(m): 12:11pm On Feb 28, 2013
The private universities set up by churches are meant to serve both as an educational institution and a centres for moral reform.
If they have to expel students who are 'morally deficient' without first making very serious attempts to reform them, that's the highest level of hypocrisy.

2 Likes

Re: Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion by ichidodo: 12:12pm On Feb 28, 2013
Acidosis:

Oh.. cos they banned you for sagging your old dirty trousers with ur dirty boxers like some touts around campus, right?

Or maybe they allow their students graduate in 3-4years like their counterparts abroad?

Or maybe you're bitter cos they do not 'deprive' students of their REAL academic grades..

ichidodo: PERSONAL GROWTH SHOULD BE HORIZONTAL AS WELL AS VERTICAL. IF A LEARNIN ENVIRONMENT FROWNS SERIOUSLY AT HORIZONTAL GROWTH THEN I GUESS IT IS NOT A UNIVERSITY BUT A GLORIFIED SECONDARY SCHOOL.
Acidosis:

Re: Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion by ichidodo: 12:12pm On Feb 28, 2013
Acidosis:

ichidodo: PERSONAL GROWTH SHOULD BE HORIZONTAL AS WELL AS VERTICAL. IF A LEARNIN ENVIRONMENT FROWNS SERIOUSLY AT HORIZONTAL GROWTH THEN I GUESS IT IS NOT A UNIVERSITY BUT A GLORIFIED SECONDARY SCHOOL.
Acidosis:

Re: Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion by matrixme(m): 12:14pm On Feb 28, 2013
Such a shameful representation of a Christian institution that ought to flow with grace and mercy. I mean would Jesus have expelled the guy if the university were personally His? How would you dictate to a guy probably above 18 years what he should or should not watch on his very own laptop and you claim you are educating him? well you are rather indoctrinating him. We should thank God that it is not these same people that run these systems that invented most of what makes life easier for us today, we could have been in for something really nasty. Anyway I always express my pity for graduates of privately owned universities, because they have much more to unlearn and relearn unlike their counterpart in government universities. The real world they are preparing you for is not run by the militant discipline you were prepared under, and for your information, discipline is a personal strength, so you don't try to impose yours on another person.

1 Like

Re: Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion by Nokio1: 12:19pm On Feb 28, 2013
NoNsense for UJ we bin dey watch BF for common room,4years later u see we dey madt?
Re: Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion by inspire101(m): 12:33pm On Feb 28, 2013
The best result "intimidation" can produce is "morons"...The least result "freedom" can produce is "reasonable/intelligent people".A lot of young Africans may not be able to understand the power of freedom because of the mental, psychological and cultural chains that were placed on us in our formative years.

It is not important to me whether the boy wins the case or not...When people understand their rights and are willing to challenge "perceived violation" of such rights....that itself is the real victory!

2 Likes

Re: Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:34pm On Feb 28, 2013
Yomieluv: Am not in support of the expulsion of the student,but I know the student is aware of the consequence of such act,if you can't live by simple rule,I see no reason for going to such school,when there's law,then there's a sin. There are other schools to go,if you can't cope with simple basic instruction.

My thought too.
Re: Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion by Nov1ce(m): 12:34pm On Feb 28, 2013
@OP: Please follow the suit, I would like to know the conclusion of the matter!
Re: Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion by Ann77: 12:42pm On Feb 28, 2013
The university has said what they want. They give it to everyone in a handbook, you sign everything saying you will abide by the rules, and then you offend and think you won't be punished? If you do not like the rules, do not attend the school, wait 10years for JAMB.
Also, for regularisation of these rules, that is the government's Job. They should provide higher laws from making these schools make such funny laws.
Most importantly, if the government cannot provide schools for its citizenry. then they should BACK OFF!!!

1 Like

Re: Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion by Nobody: 1:05pm On Feb 28, 2013
Acidosis:

no mind the guy the thing be say there are no spaces in the federal universities thank God for the private unis many people for dey house. Good education is expensive all over the world you pay for what you get after all the federal universities cannot admit everybody.
Re: Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 28, 2013
Which law are u talking about?
The school rules contravens the provisions of the 1999 constitution as stated below and thus its a nullity and can not stand.

1. (1) This Constitution is supreme and its provisions shall have binding force on the authorities and persons throughout the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

(3) If any other law is inconsistent with the provisions of this Constitution, this Constitution shall prevail, and that other law shall, to the extent of the inconsistency, be void.

I'm sure he was also not given a fair hearing and wasn't allowed to even seek for other admnistrative remedies hence he has a very valid case and besides he is not a coward like most of us here who believe that he can't win the case!
The case of Ahmed and others vs university of maidugury comes to mind.
The comment from the judge gives one a clue of what to expect and its obviously in the applicants favour.

Even gani took NBA to court over adminstrative issues and still won talkless of school rules that negates the constitutional provisions.

the_ripper:

Fallacy of irrelevant grounds, was he d only one expelled? It is a law and he defaulted. Ever heard the maxim, "when u are in rome, u behave like a roman"?
Re: Expelled Student Sues Covenant University For Illegal Expulsion by demsid(m): 1:32pm On Feb 28, 2013
Afta payin about 10million on schoolin,wc kind job sef dy wan do.n dy keep on xpelin anyhw,i dnt blame dem,i blame d morons..Bleep D SCH, Bleep THEIR V.C,Bleep THR RULES,Bleep THR PASTORs .Bleep ANY1 WHO IS IN SUPORT OF Ds Fuckin univ.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ASUU: We Have Had A Enough Of Toying With The Future Of Students -aruna Kadiri / A Nairalander In AAU, Ekpoma, Bathed With Paint After His Final Exams / ASUP To Begin Indefinite Strike Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.