Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,030 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Fasting And Prayer Can Change You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fasting And Prayer Can Change You (1271 Views)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens (3/7//15)- Prayer Can Subdue People / RCCG Annual Fasting And Prayer February 2013 ( Prayer Guide) / U Are Born-again But You Still Lust After Men Or Women? This Prayer Can Help U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fasting And Prayer Can Change You by sidespin: 7:17am On Feb 28, 2013
FASTING AND PRAYER

Fasting keeps the spirit strong and tends to keep the spirit, and give it control over the body. When a person fasts, and brings their body into travail before God, their spirit becomes stronger, and in harmony with God. So I find that in fasting, it gives me greater power to pray with people, or for people's diseases. It gives me greater power with God to preach the word, and the revivals are a greater success. I feel that if a man should ever quit fasting, he is losing out in his ministry and in his life for God. When you are weak then you are strong. This is a separated life. God showed me at the very beginning of this ministry, that it was a separated life, that I must spend many hours fasting, praying, meditating, and staying before the Lord. (James Dunn)

I fasted all day every Sunday and prayed, and I never remember seeing less than 50 souls saved by the power of God in the meetings with the children, in the hospitals, on the ships, and in the Salvation Army. These were the days of great soul awakening. (Smith Wigglesworth)
FIRE BAPTISM
"I prayed around the altar. I fasted three days at a time. I testified about a supernatural God. I told people that I had the Holy Ghost. I spoke in tongues to prove it. All the time my heart
was crying out, Where are all the miracles the Bible tells us about?" "I was a director over 13 churches... I saw people saved, filled with the Holy Ghost with other tongues. I saw a few people healed. I preached that we had the Pentecostal power. But where were the results we saw in the early church after Pentecost?... I read about 200 books written by Godly men. I read every word in the Pentecostal Evangel for years... After I fasted three days I still felt empty. That longing surely can be satisfied in some way? Who was putting that longing and searching in my soul?". "What was I waiting for? Nothing else mattered to me. I wanted to see His Glory. I wanted to see His Miracles. I wanted to see the dead raised. I wanted to see the devils cast out. I wanted to see the deaf, blind, and the mute made whole. Did not God say in the last days the lame man would leap as a hart, the tongue of the dumb would sing, and the eyes of the blind would be opened? (Isaiah 35:5)... John said in Luke 3:16, 'He shall Baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with FIRE'... It was fourteen years after I received the Holy Ghost and tongues before I received the Holy Ghost and power.". "If God has called you into a full time ministry of healing the sick and casting out devils He usually gives you time to give yourselves to fasting and prayer... Then one night to my surprise the Lord appeared to me and told me to go on a seven day fast, which I was willing to do. After the fast was over the Lord appeared to me. I heard the angels singing a song I had never heard. I wrote it down. It was beautiful! It was like heaven. Then an angel just above my head spoke these words, 'In My name shall ye cast out devils, ye shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover.' As I began to eat I felt something like an electric current run out at the ends of my fingers and down to the bottom of my feet. The fire of God was all through my body! (W. V. Grant)
Re: Fasting And Prayer Can Change You by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 28, 2013
I'm edified; God bless your soul.

1 Like

Re: Fasting And Prayer Can Change You by shdemidemi(m): 7:14am On Mar 01, 2013
I have little confidence/poise in those people who speak of having received direct revelations from the Lord, as though he appeared otherwise than by and through the sacred scriptures. His word is so full, so perfect, that for God to make any fresh revelation/expoƛe to you or me is quite needless...
Re: Fasting And Prayer Can Change You by OmoAlata(f): 8:53am On Mar 01, 2013
Every Christian should fast at least once a week smiley

And before someone asks, "do I"? Yes, I do grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Tree Of Science / The Inexplicable Science Of Qi Gong. So, Non-physical Forces Might Exist? / 1500 Year Old Bible Claims Jesus Was Never Crucified!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.