Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:58 AM

The Tree Of Science - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Tree Of Science (1296 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil / Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Tree Of Science by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:26am On Apr 29, 2013
The Tree of Science
April 29, 2013

"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die" (Genesis 2:17)

In this age of science, it is well to remember that the basic meaning of "science" (Latin, scientia) is "knowledge." Thus, it is instructive to substitute "science" whenever the word "knowledge" is used in Scripture. For example: "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of science" (Proverbs 1:7).

It is significant that the first mention of knowledge in the Bible is in connection with the "tree of knowledge of good and evil" (Genesis 2:9). God warned Adam not to partake of that which would become in him "the science of good and evil" (Genesis 2:17). Adam already was familiar with good science, because everything God had made was "very good" (Genesis 1:31). But Satan tempted Eve with the humanistic lie that "ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil" (Genesis 3:5), and ever since, "science" has been both good and evil. Real science, properly applied, is good and beneficial to mankind, but "science falsely so called" (1 Timothy 6:20)--that is, pseudo-sciences, such as evolution and the humanistic social sciences--is both useless and harmful.

There are many references to knowledge in the Bible, and it is good to remember that in Christ "are hid all the treasures of wisdom and science" (Colossians 2:3). And it is very significant that the last mention of knowledge, or science, in the Bible is in the last verse written by the apostle Peter before his martyrdom: "But grow in grace, and in the science of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 3:18).

One can be ever so learned in all the sciences and the various intellectual disciplines of mankind, but if he does not know the Lord Jesus Christ, he has failed in the one science that yields everlasting life. He has eaten of the tree of science but has ignored the tree of life. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: The Tree Of Science by ooman(m): 10:52am On Apr 29, 2013
my "soul " weep for this deluded iddiot
Re: The Tree Of Science by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 29, 2013
Good day Ola,

I refrain from directing my post at you cause the OP is an obvious 'copy and paste'...

I do hope that no one would consider some of the things said seriously...

I am embarrassed that the OP was authored by one who calls himself a Christian...

If you want to take responsibility for the OP then I might just let you in on my thoughts.
Re: The Tree Of Science by PastorOluT(m): 4:05pm On Apr 29, 2013
ooman: my "soul " weep for this deluded iddiot

Why being so mean?
Re: The Tree Of Science by ichuka(m): 5:33pm On Apr 29, 2013
striktlymi: Good day Ola,

I refrain from directing my post at you cause the OP is an obvious 'copy and paste'...

I am embarrassed that the OP was authored by one who calls himself a Christian...

If you want to take responsibility for the OP then I might just let you in on my thoughts.
Dude,
I believe the thread was open for True believers.
Re: The Tree Of Science by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 29, 2013
i.chuka:

Dude,

Good evening Chuka,

True believers in what?...LIES?
Re: The Tree Of Science by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 29, 2013
OLAADEGBU: The Tree of Science
April 29, 2013

"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die" (Genesis 2:17)

In this age of science, it is well to remember that the basic meaning of "science" (Latin, scientia) is "knowledge." Thus, it is instructive to substitute "science" whenever the word "knowledge" is used in Scripture. For example: "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of science" (Proverbs 1:7).

It is significant that the first mention of knowledge in the Bible is in connection with the "tree of knowledge of good and evil" (Genesis 2:9). God warned Adam not to partake of that which would become in him "the science of good and evil" (Genesis 2:17). Adam already was familiar with good science, because everything God had made was "very good" (Genesis 1:31). But Satan tempted Eve with the humanistic lie that "ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil" (Genesis 3:5), and ever since, "science" has been both good and evil. Real science, properly applied, is good and beneficial to mankind, but "science falsely so called" (1 Timothy 6:20)--that is, pseudo-sciences, such as evolution and the humanistic social sciences--is both useless and harmful.

There are many references to knowledge in the Bible, and it is good to remember that in Christ "are hid all the treasures of wisdom and science" (Colossians 2:3). And it is very significant that the last mention of knowledge, or science, in the Bible is in the last verse written by the apostle Peter before his martyrdom: "But grow in grace, and in the science of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 3:18).

One can be ever so learned in all the sciences and the various intellectual disciplines of mankind, but if he does not know the Lord Jesus Christ, he has failed in the one science that yields everlasting life. He has eaten of the tree of science but has ignored the tree of life. HMM

For more . . . .

Knowledge is power, read more,make more research .....Not only the bible,then you will realise you know little. The bible got some knowlegde in it,but controlled knowledge.

The tree of Life is deeper than what you think. According to the Vadas,Sumerian table,it was when androgenous human was split into male and famale. Not a tree of apple as the pastors teach. Learn more,make mistakes....do not be closed minded on the bible alone......dont worry you wont burn in hell
Re: The Tree Of Science by mumumugu(m): 5:51pm On Apr 29, 2013
In summary, science is the forbidden fruit , say no to science. Say no to technology. Say no to internet ,say no to nairaland.
Re: The Tree Of Science by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 29, 2013
mumumugu: In summary, science is the forbidden fruit , say no to science. Say no to technology. Say no to internet ,say no to nairaland.

Imagine someone deciding to stay in the dark.... People should learn to think for themselves not base their lives on book they do not understand

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of Science by Emusan(m): 6:22pm On Apr 29, 2013
mumumugu: In summary, science is the forbidden fruit , say no to science. Say no to technology. Say no to internet ,say no to nairaland.

This type of statement always shows that atheist are very bias in their argument.

Answer these questions:
1. Do all Christians are born with Bible?
2. Do all scientists are atheist?
3. Do all atheist are scientist?
4. Do we have anything like creationist scientist?
5. What are the achievement of creationist scientists over the years & present age?

I have seen in some atheist post like "scientist provide medicines yet they claim science is wrong"

Nobody we ever claim science is not true (because it effects can be seen everyday) but as the OP claim we have science that are GOOD and BAD.
Re: The Tree Of Science by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 29, 2013
Emusan:

This type of question always shows that atheist are very bias in their argument.

Answer these questions:
5. What are the achievement of creationist scientist over the years & present age?

I have seen in some atheist post like "scientist provide medicines yet they claim science is wrong"

Nobody we ever claim science is not true (because it effects can be seen everyday) but as the OP claim we have science that are GOOD and BAD.

Hi Emusan,

It might interest you to know that the individual you addressed is not an Atheist...I understood the message he tried to convey...

Anyways, it seems you rather like the OP...what exactly do you like about it's content?
Re: The Tree Of Science by Emusan(m): 6:38pm On Apr 29, 2013
striktlymi:

Hi Emusan,

It might interest you to know that the individual you addressed is not an Atheist...I understood the message he tried to convey...

Anyways, it seems you rather like the OP...what exactly do you like about it's content?

Is like you didn't understand my post, try to reread it.

By the way I didn't address anybody I simply ask questions. So if you can't answer my question simply allow someone that can answer it come rather than misleading yourself.
Re: The Tree Of Science by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 29, 2013
Emusan:

By the way I didn't address anybody I simply ask questions. So if you can't answer my question simply allow someone that can answer it come rather than misleading yourself.

This is so cute...I guess you did not quote anyone either?

#If you do not want to address anyone then don't quote anyone!
Re: The Tree Of Science by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 29, 2013
ooman: my "soul " weep for this deluded iddiot
Save your tears.. Peeps like the OP are a slow dying breed.. Africa shall get there... grin
Re: The Tree Of Science by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 29, 2013
Emusan:

Throwing questions in the air, i see.. just like praying...
Re: The Tree Of Science by Emusan(m): 6:51pm On Apr 29, 2013
striktlymi:

This is so cute...I guess you did not quote anyone either?

#If you do not want to address anyone then don't quote anyone!

I quote 'mumumugu' to ask my questions base on my view you can see I gave another example, does it include quote too?
Can't you just understand my post?

I suppose quote 'ifeness' too but I believe a knowledgable read will understand what I put up there.
Re: The Tree Of Science by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 29, 2013
Emusan:

I quote 'mumumugu' to ask my questions base on my view you can see I gave another example, does it include quote too?
Can't you just understand my post?

I suppose quote 'ifeness' too but I believe a knowledgable read will understand what I put up there.

I am quite a dull reader actually and I find it very difficult reading posts...

My very dull brain tells me that when an individual quotes another, it implies that the individual necessarily addresses the one being quoted...

Now, since your very bright brain thinks this is not the case, I will attempt to make my dull brain understand this...

**trying hard to understand it** Nah men, this is rather difficult, my dull brain refused to understand o...
Re: The Tree Of Science by Emusan(m): 6:58pm On Apr 29, 2013
musKeeto:

Yes, so that you can understand where I'm going. If you can't answer them just say yes, beside those questions need simple answer YES or NO! But because truth is so far from atheist they will be twisting or prolonging matters.
Re: The Tree Of Science by Emusan(m): 6:59pm On Apr 29, 2013
musKeeto:

Yes, so that you can understand where I'm going. If you can't answer them just say yes, beside those questions needs a very simple answer YES or NO! But because truth is so far from atheist they will be twisting or prolonging matters.
Re: The Tree Of Science by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:52pm On May 01, 2013
ooman:

my "soul " weep for this deluded iddiot

Have you got a soul? undecided
Re: The Tree Of Science by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:54pm On May 01, 2013
striktlymi: Good day Ola,

I agree with the article in the OP therefore, shoot. cool
Re: The Tree Of Science by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:56pm On May 01, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Why being so mean?

He is just being pugnacious. smiley
Re: The Tree Of Science by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:02pm On May 01, 2013
i.chuka:

Dude,

We have true believers, theists, theist evolutionists, agnostics and those who consider themselves to be atheists. Some are polemists in the knowledge of good and evil while others are apologetics in the knowledge of life.
Re: The Tree Of Science by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:08pm On May 01, 2013
mumumugu:

In summary, science is the forbidden fruit , say no to science. Say no to technology. Say no to internet ,say no to nairaland.

Don't be nescient. The root word of science is Latin, which means knowledge. What do you use the knowledge you acquire to do? evil or good or both? Technology can be good and at the same time bad. The internet can be used dissemination of information, it can also be used to send virus and all sort of scelestious activities even here on NL.
Re: The Tree Of Science by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:10pm On May 01, 2013
ifeness:

Imagine someone deciding to stay in the dark.... People should learn to think for themselves not base their lives on book they do not understand

That is the exact thing skeptics do, they believe in blind faith.

Re: The Tree Of Science by ooman(m): 5:13pm On May 01, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Have you got a soul? undecided

depends on what you mean by soul. if the part of my brain responsible for feeling emotions for dying people like you, yes

if a spirit, no.
Re: The Tree Of Science by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 01, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

That is the exact thing skeptics do, they believe in blind faith.

Blind faith is a belief in something without evidence. How could you say the bible summarised the origin of human when there is enough evidence out there proving otherwise?

Besides, the story of creation is in coded form. The truth is hidden from christians. Have you ever wondered what the word "secret knowledge meant" ?
Re: The Tree Of Science by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:20pm On May 01, 2013
striktlymi:

Good evening Chuka,

True believers in what?...LIES?

"LIES" are what theist evolutionists do.

Re: The Tree Of Science by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:22pm On May 01, 2013
Emusan:

This type of statement always shows that atheist are very bias in their argument.

Answer these questions:
5. What are the achievement of creationist scientists over the years & present age?

Tell them brother.
Re: The Tree Of Science by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:26pm On May 01, 2013
"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of science" (Proverbs 1:7).

To do good science one needs to have the fear of the Lord as their presupposition.
Re: The Tree Of Science by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:12pm On May 01, 2013

Say no to bible. It a product of printing technology.

No more digital bible.
Re: The Tree Of Science by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:25pm On May 01, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Say no to bible. It a product of printing technology.

No more digital bible.

The knowledge of good and evil. If the printing technology can print the bible imagine what the same technology has done to denigrate the bible. Nuclear energy that can do good to humanity is the same technology that can wipe out the human race depending on who is using this technology.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Killed For Praying In Tongues During A Robber / Q & A Session On The Subject Of Tithing / Nigeria: Synagogue Building Collapse - Nigerian-american Scholars Want TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.