Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Should I Continue Working For The Company Or Start My Own ? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Should I Continue Working For The Company Or Start My Own ? (1155 Views)

How I Got Inspired To Start My Own Cereal Business / Want To Start My Own Small Business In Lagos: Need Sound Advice, HELP! / Can I Start My Online Biz Career With N5,000? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Continue Working For The Company Or Start My Own ? by paparazzi1987(m): 10:05am On Feb 28, 2013
Hello guys,please i really need your advice..
Currently i am serving in oyo state (which i only go there every month for my montly clearance) and am currnetly working
for a well know software company in lagos as a programmer. They pay me 70K per month and they promised to fully employ me
immediately i finish my NYSC with 150K for a start. But what my heart desire is to really be self-employed.
I have developed applications that i believe if i can get just 5 buyers i should be making at-least 700k every three month and i will also have time for my family.
But, what If i decided to turn down there offer and am unable to get vendors that will buy my softwares.
Should i continue working for the company or start my own ? please and please i really need you advice on this.
Re: Should I Continue Working For The Company Or Start My Own ? by fagin1982(m): 10:19am On Feb 28, 2013
My dear stay back there and learn more ..Never be hurry in life or else u make mistakes u stand to regret later in life ..Entrepreneurship is good but u must learn the rules of the game..Starting your own company might sound easy but on the long run u ll understand better..

My advice stay on your job atleast a year more ,raise capital , hgain more experience ...moreover a programmers has no limitations ..u can run ur deal whl working for your boss...Just be wise

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Working For The Company Or Start My Own ? by paparazzi1987(m): 10:32am On Feb 28, 2013
fagin1982: My dear stay back there and learn more ..Never be hurry in life or else u make mistakes u stand to regret later in life ..Entrepreneurship is good but u must learn the rules of the game..Starting your own company might sound easy but on the long run u ll understand better..

My advice stay on your job atleast a year more ,raise capital , hgain more experience ...moreover a programmers has no limitations ..u can run ur deal whl working for your boss...Just be wise

I really appreciate you advice but so long i am still in that company i wont have time for my personal project.I have been called by some guys to come for a demo but am always fixed up due to the nature of the work over here...Thanx.
Re: Should I Continue Working For The Company Or Start My Own ? by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 28, 2013
Nothing stops you from starting your own company while still in their employ.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Working For The Company Or Start My Own ? by dipotech: 10:55am On Feb 28, 2013
Pls stay where you are till you acquire more experience. Let your clients know you are working with a coy presently and once they know you are very good and ready to deliver they will find a better way for you pending the time you will graduate.
I have found myself in similar situation but after leaving the company it isn't east at all.

Please endure and still do as if you are in school trying to graduate and later you will enjoy it.

You can be getting job even while you are there only let your clients know your present predicament.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue Working For The Company Or Start My Own ? by demoreon: 12:52pm On Feb 28, 2013
My one and only advice is you start your own biz ...you will never be free if you remain there.
Am a web/software programmer also and the experience is rewarding.
Re: Should I Continue Working For The Company Or Start My Own ? by EMOGROUP: 1:02pm On Feb 28, 2013
paparazzi1987: Hello guys,please i really need your advice..
Currently i am serving in oyo state (which i only go there every month for my montly clearance) and am currnetly working
for a well know software company in lagos as a programmer. They pay me 70K per month and they promised to fully employ me
immediately i finish my NYSC with 150K for a start. But what my heart desire is to really be self-employed.
I have developed applications that i believe if i can get just 5 buyers i should be making at-least 700k every three month and i will also have time for my family.
But, what If i decided to turn down there offer and am unable to get vendors that will buy my softwares.
Should i continue working for the company or start my own ? please and please i really need you advice on this.
keep your job and use your spare time to create a business, at least till the business is sustainable and gives you more return than the job. You might want to find a truth worthy individual that will do the run arround if you dont have the time.
Re: Should I Continue Working For The Company Or Start My Own ? by remecy(f): 5:41pm On Feb 28, 2013
paparazzi1987:

I really appreciate you advice but so long i am still in that company i wont have time for my personal project.I have been called by some guys to come for a demo but am always fixed up due to the nature of the work over here...Thanx.

since they know you are serving, ask for a day or two off requesting to go to your PPA, see how your transaction goes with ur potential client then you decide from there.
However been your own boss is the best but you don't rush into it. Good luck
Re: Should I Continue Working For The Company Or Start My Own ? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 28, 2013
fagin1982: My dear stay back there and learn more ..Never be hurry in life or else u make mistakes u stand to regret later in life ..Entrepreneurship is good but u must learn the rules of the game..Starting your own company might sound easy but on the long run u ll understand better..

best advice ever!!stick τ̲̅ȍ this advice and ‎u will be glad ‎u did.

2000000 likes!

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue Working For The Company Or Start My Own ? by souleymon(m): 6:12pm On Feb 28, 2013
Questions is do you have the CAPITAL to be self employed
I believe your experience with your company and the increment would make you a better person
When you become older in the Coy, Some Priviledges would be accorded to you.
In btw, you can resign and work Part time with the coy and earn on contract
I have seen buddies do that and living large
Its all down to your Patience Bro
Re: Should I Continue Working For The Company Or Start My Own ? by paparazzi1987(m): 8:19am On Mar 01, 2013
souleymon: Questions is[b] do you have the CAPITAL to be self employed [/b]
I believe your experience with your company and the increment would make you a better person
When you become older in the Coy, Some Priviledges would be accorded to you.
In btw, you can resign and work Part time with the coy and earn on contract
I have seen buddies do that and living large
Its all down to your Patience Bro

Bro. In my own belief as a programmer,you dont need much capital to start your own software company.i belief that with less than 100k and my Laptop (with internet access), can kick off..thanx bro.
Re: Should I Continue Working For The Company Or Start My Own ? by snowprince(m): 11:44am On Mar 01, 2013
[color=#770077][/color] Just have patience.work in the company at lest 12 month,then u wil start ur biz wit ealz.
Re: Should I Continue Working For The Company Or Start My Own ? by jidebobo: 4:02pm On Mar 01, 2013
Try endure for a while gather little experienced from ur company. The experience cum there will help u to run ur biz since u are on the same line with the company.
Pls I wanted to know more about programming I learn t HTML, Java, c++ ,sql & core java from one of the popular IT confirm in Lagos ever since 2005, I have not been putting it into practice .I have forgotten everything. Pls how the house will help me to pick the golden opportunity again.
Thanks
Re: Should I Continue Working For The Company Or Start My Own ? by overboard(m): 8:41pm On Mar 01, 2013

Stewardship has it's principles and returns. Stay back for a bit more. Learn the ropes but be diligent. Try as much as possible to venture into your own grounds if you wish but be careful of conflict of interest. I believe if well planned, you can actually go a good pace with your project and really have something tangible to start with. However, nothing really stops you from quitting though as an idea is worth so much gold... Not a must but labour market freshers may enter trouble easily out of exuberance.
Re: Should I Continue Working For The Company Or Start My Own ? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 01, 2013
Be bold and breakout but I hope you can tackle the challenges of every beginner entrepreneur? Let your passion drive you through the hard times.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Free Laptop And Car / Nairaland Forum Has Been Cloned / Appeal To Seun Osewa. Nairalanders Join This Campaign- It Is About Our Safety

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.