Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,679 members, 7,809,574 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

Child Abuse And Molestation: Why Do Some Parents Shut Up - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Child Abuse And Molestation: Why Do Some Parents Shut Up (978 Views)

Neglect Of Male Child Rape/molestation By a Female Adult / Child Molestation - I Was Molested Twice As A Kid / Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Child Abuse And Molestation: Why Do Some Parents Shut Up by cdee(f): 6:27pm On Feb 28, 2013
Last night when the Mother of a 5yr old who was sexually abused by a 17yrs old came to inform me about what her daughter told her, I was so angry and Furious as if it's my daughter. To my surprise the Mother wasn't as passionate as I am about d issue. When I told her we need to go there to deal with d boy, she felt reluctant and said, People will hear and start gossiping about dem and also, the boy is question is a boy she knows well. And I said, So What, is it not better for people to talk about her action than for people to criticize her if there is any damage in Future?
What some mothers don't know is that, the abuse will continue by the same person or someone else if she doesn't stop it by crying out now. Or what do you think
Re: Child Abuse And Molestation: Why Do Some Parents Shut Up by greatgod2012(f): 4:23am On Mar 01, 2013
The mother thought she is protecting d child from external knowledge and gossips, whereas, she is behaving foolishly, because, since d culprit knows that if such thing happens again, the parent will still keep their mouth shut, d4 d act continues, and both d child and d mother continues to live in perpetual sorrow, misery and regret. It may even affect d girl's confidence and affection for others in d nearest future.
Personally, i always emphasise report of abuser, when an abuser is reported and dealt with accordingly, 1st, he would stop d act, 2ndly, it will serve as detterant to other potential abusers.
To d parent, if d noise is so much that its making both d abused and d parent worried, then, a change of enviroment is not a bad idea.
So, to all parents here, i advise, run from abusers and report d perpetrators accordingly, it will go a long way in reducing d number of abusers around us.
May God help us all.
Re: Child Abuse And Molestation: Why Do Some Parents Shut Up by cdee(f): 4:34am On Mar 01, 2013
I forced d mother to act and we disciplined d boy somehow, we also forced the boy's mother to pay for medical examination and treatment of the child. To my utmost surprise when the dad came back and was told about what happened, he smiled and said its nothing and that they should forget it and let go of d boy. He didn't even greet me when he came back cos he is my next door neighbour. He is mute since last night. I think the father is the biggest abuser in dis case , cos he just never fight for his family even whenever anyone insults d wife or cheats her, he force her to shut up.
Re: Child Abuse And Molestation: Why Do Some Parents Shut Up by gramci: 11:42am On Mar 01, 2013
Societal norms prevents people from speaking up and taking action.
Re: Child Abuse And Molestation: Why Do Some Parents Shut Up by cdee(f): 2:14pm On Mar 01, 2013
gramci: Societal norms prevents people from speaking up and taking action.
And when something bad happens later, it bcomes had I known. If d doctors report confirms d girl has contacted one deadly disease, they'll start running to babalawo for revenge.

Re: Child Abuse And Molestation: Why Do Some Parents Shut Up by smartmom(f): 2:31pm On Mar 01, 2013
Our society has a loooong way to go with the issue of child abuse be it sexually , emotionally or physically. Parents and victims of abuse need counselling and nobody provides that.Lives are ruined as a result of this evil and nobody talks about it. Occasionally we hear about little girls being raped and abused and mourn the theft of her innocence but are we also aware of the sexual abuse of little and young boys?
Re: Child Abuse And Molestation: Why Do Some Parents Shut Up by cdee(f): 3:35pm On Mar 01, 2013
I just hope parents of today can pay more attention to their kids. If most of abused ladies should mention those who moslested them. I'm sure their family members will be surprised. Like me, I trust no one around kids especially anyone that I know is sexually active
Re: Child Abuse And Molestation: Why Do Some Parents Shut Up by smartmom(f): 3:47pm On Mar 01, 2013
You would be shacked to hear that kids abuse each other too so dont only search and be on the look out at sexually 'active' people. Even supposedly 'innocent'kids who have been abused also turn on others and abuse them. Its a vicious circle and so evil. We do need to be vigilant.
Re: Child Abuse And Molestation: Why Do Some Parents Shut Up by cdee(f): 6:41pm On Mar 01, 2013
Wow. I totally agree with u. But in such case. We aCcept they are kids and correct dem both. I know what it is to kiss a guy even before I was 7, knew what sex was before I was 10 all with my age group. I was somehow molested too, escaped rape 3 times as a teenager just for young guy to count scores. Wen I graduated from secondary school to leave dat neighbourhood, guys congratulate me dat I proved untouchable. But to God be the glory, I didn't loose it till I was 24. because b4 I was 15, anyone tagged male disgust me. Honestly. It took concelling and prayer b4 I could date. It has different effect on every individuals affected

(1) (Reply)

Is It Proper For Parent to Keep Stock Of Child's School Fees Receipt? / Can You Be The Bestman For Your Younger Brother's Wedding??? Please Advice!!! / Ladies What Would You Do?(Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.