Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,696 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Can You Be The Bestman For Your Younger Brother's Wedding??? Please Advice!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Be The Bestman For Your Younger Brother's Wedding??? Please Advice!!! (979 Views)

My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 / Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? / Can A Married Man Be The Bestman At A Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Be The Bestman For Your Younger Brother's Wedding??? Please Advice!!! by Sermwell(m): 12:54pm On Dec 01, 2013
Iam from a family of four! Three boys and a girl! I'm the first born and a student studying law in UNIBEN, my immediate younger brother works with a phamarceutical company and the third born in our midst is a building contractor!
The third born amongst us has made some money and have decided to get married. He informed the family and pleaded for our support since he is still young(24yrs and the bride is 20yrs) and after some considerations, we decided to allow him and everything about the wedding is already in place to hold on the 7th Dec. 2013!
However, the big issue is that since both us of have good rapport, he has been pleading with me to be his bestman but I don't think its ideal since I'm his elder brother! The whole family have since joined him in pleading with me to accept being his bestman since he is my favourite younger brother but I think something is wrong with it! He even called me this morning and seriously pleading that he want to go and shop for my suit on thursday! Personally, I don't like the idea but I don't want it to appear as if I'm jelous or I don't want to lend any support considering the fact that I didn't assist him financialy even though he doesn't need my money. Please what do I do?
Re: Can You Be The Bestman For Your Younger Brother's Wedding??? Please Advice!!! by majalisa(m): 1:22pm On Dec 01, 2013
Sermwell: Iam from a family of four! Three boys and a girl! I'm the first born and a student studying law in UNIBEN, my immediate younger brother works with a phamarceutical company and the third born in our midst is a building contractor!
The third born amongst us has made some money and have decided to get married. He informed the family and pleaded for our support since he is still young(24yrs) and after some considerations, we decided to allow him and everything about the wedding is already in place to hold on the 7th Dec. 2014!
However, the big issue is that since both us of have good rapport, he has been pleading with me to be his bestman but I don't think its ideal since I'm his elder brother! The whole family have since joined him in pleading with me to accept being his bestman since he is my favourite younger brother but I think something is wrong with it! He even called me this morning and seriously pleading that he want to go and shop for my suit on thursday! Personally, I don't like the idea but I don't want to appear jelous. Please what do I do
a wedding coming up in Dec 2014 and u guys r buying suit on thursday?anyway follow ur heart.
Re: Can You Be The Bestman For Your Younger Brother's Wedding??? Please Advice!!! by uboma(m): 1:52pm On Dec 01, 2013
^^^ I'm sure he meant the 7th of December 2013.

@ op, I see nothing wrong with you being the best man of your young brother since he requested for it. I will do same if I were in your shoe. Support him all the way dude and convey my greetings to the couple.
Re: Can You Be The Bestman For Your Younger Brother's Wedding??? Please Advice!!! by Sermwell(m): 2:04pm On Dec 01, 2013
uboma: ^^^ I'm sure he meant the 7th of December 2013.

@ op, I see nothing wrong with you being the best man of your young brother since he requested for it. I will do same if I were in your shoe. Support him all the way dude and convey my greetings to the couple.
thanks dude! I actually meant 2013!
Re: Can You Be The Bestman For Your Younger Brother's Wedding??? Please Advice!!! by omigreat: 3:50pm On Dec 01, 2013
It all depends on how ur culture see it. But to me it would have been better if its your elder brother u r. Standing. In for to as best man. There are other ways u can be of support other than being a best man...but d decision is urs sha
Re: Can You Be The Bestman For Your Younger Brother's Wedding??? Please Advice!!! by Sermwell(m): 3:55pm On Dec 01, 2013
omigreat: It all depends on how ur culture see it. But to me it would have been better if its your elder brother u r. Standing. In for to as best man. There are other ways u can be of support other than being a best man...but d decision is urs sha
But I'm talking about the white wedding and I don't really see how tradition comes in! Thanks all the same
Re: Can You Be The Bestman For Your Younger Brother's Wedding??? Please Advice!!! by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 01, 2013
I see no reason why you can't do it as far as your tradition doesn't frown upon it. He may be using it to honor you considering that you will be a legal witness and you will give a speech. Besides, it is already too late to start shopping for a replacement if the wedding is holding in 7days!

(1) (Reply)

Child Abuse: A Detriment To The Future Of Our Great Country. / Iwedding Ring!! / Social Media Is Taking Over Relationships.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.