Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! (9613 Views)

Batch A 2015 Corpers Where Is Your PPA / NYSC 2014 Batch B Corpers; Where Is Your Place Of Primary Assignment (PPA)? / Batch A 2013 Corpers Where Is Your PPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 01, 2013
I have been posted to Imo state.Please is there anyone here who is currently serving??Are pregnant women allowed in Imo state camp??what if the pregnancy is not obvious??will you be drilled as hard as they drill others??someone should please clear me on this.
Re: Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! by Donovan: 3:55pm On Mar 01, 2013
No,u won't be made 2 undergo any stress @ d camp. No matter how obvious ur pregnancy is,u wl be allowed in2 d orientation.
Meanwhile,the imo state nysc state director,(one mrs ojukwu), is very accomodating. She wl advise all pregnant corp member 2 apply 4 relocation ur first week on camp.
I think she started begging pregnant wmen,married wmen&nursing 2 apply 4 relocation&go back 2 their husbands.
If u need any other info,be free 2 contact me on:08154455747.
Re: Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! by larkz(m): 10:29am On Mar 02, 2013
Marriage women hv it easy in Imo. They get paid their allawee as soon as the first week.
Re: Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! by ujchief(m): 10:52am On Mar 02, 2013
Welcome to umudi camp.
I have to set it straight for you, imo state has the worst camp in all 36 states of the federation. You're lucky to be pregnant as Mrs. Ojukwu is very tolerant. You will be attended to during registration more easily than others at the long queue. You will be advised or even compelled to go home after your registration, you will be asked to return to collect either your re-deployment letter or you deployment letter based on your choice. However, most married and pregnant women still prefer to stay back and witness camp activities. The choice is yours. But I must warn you, the camp environment is not friendly at all.
Umudi camp doesn't have a lecture hall: just a tenth with ne seats so u stand during lectures or use ur I.d card to sign a seat.
The camp is not secluded, there is no fencing so villagers troop in and out of it, sometimes stealing your things when you go for morning lectures or parade.
I don't know about female hostels but the male has just 4 toilets for the over 1,000 guys living therein, so you have to queue up to $hit, so the bush come easily to mind. I also heard the female folks complain the same thing.
The female hostel is right in the centre of the camp, the noise from the public address system from the OBS makes it difficult to have a good sleep even at nights.

There are so many things wrong with the camp, but finally, you will have a wonderful stay.

Ujchief, batch B, 2012.

1 Like

Re: Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! by braine(m): 12:22pm On Mar 02, 2013
Yay!! Fresh post Finally! What's up people?!
Re: Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! by larkz(m): 12:31pm On Mar 02, 2013
ujchief: Welcome to umudi camp.
I have to set it straight for you, imo state has the worst camp in all 36 states of the federation. You're lucky to be pregnant as Mrs. Ojukwu is very tolerant. You will be attended to during registration more easily than others at the long queue. You will be advised or even compelled to go home after your registration, you will be asked to return to collect either your re-deployment letter or you deployment letter based on your choice. However, most married and pregnant women still prefer to stay back and witness camp activities. The choice is yours. But I must warn you, the camp environment is not friendly at all.
Umudi camp doesn't have a lecture hall: just a tenth with ne seats so u stand during lectures or use ur I.d card to sign a seat.
The camp is not secluded, there is no fencing so villagers troop in and out of it, sometimes stealing your things when you go for morning lectures or parade.
I don't know about female hostels but the male has just 4 toilets for the over 1,000 guys living therein, so you have to queue up to $hit, so the bush come easily to mind. I also heard the female folks complain the same thing.
The female hostel is right in the centre of the camp, the noise from the public address system from the OBS makes it difficult to have a good sleep even at nights.

There are so many things wrong with the camp, but finally, you will have a wonderful stay.

Ujchief, batch B, 2012.

Spot on!
Re: Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! by braine(m): 12:36pm On Mar 02, 2013
UjChief, that means to say we should prepare for the worst. Okay. kiss
Re: Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! by gabialonso(m): 4:19pm On Mar 02, 2013
umudi camp can't wait 2hv me....no matter the weather man must survive....
braine: UjChief, that means to say we should prepare for the worst. Okay. kiss
umudi camp can't wait 2hv me....no matter the weather man must survive....
Re: Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! by gabialonso(m): 4:22pm On Mar 02, 2013
pls i nid direction....from onisha to umudi camp site?
Re: Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! by ujchief(m): 5:35pm On Mar 02, 2013
gabialonso: pls i nid direction....from onisha to umudi camp site?
Get to ITC park, get a bus going to Orlu, stop at their park at orlu, taxis will be waiting for you to take you to umudi.
I advice that you don't go to owerri from onitsha as owerri is far from orlu. You will have to enter another bus coming to orlu from owerri and start the journey over again.

1 Like

Re: Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! by ujchief(m): 5:38pm On Mar 02, 2013
braine: UjChief, that means to say we should prepare for the worst. Okay. kiss
It would be far better now compared to my batch B that was during rainy season. The mud at that place was unbearable.
Re: Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! by gabialonso(m): 5:54pm On Mar 02, 2013
ujchief:
Get to ITC park, get a bus going to Orlu, stop at their park at orlu, taxis will be waiting for you to take you to umudi.
I advice that you don't go to owerri from onitsha as owerri is far from orlu. You will have to enter another bus coming to orlu from owerri and start the journey over again.
Thanks Chief
Re: Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! by valdubem(m): 8:09pm On Mar 02, 2013
Pls I ve never been to imo state before, and am coming from abuja. if I take ABC to owerri, how do I make d rest journey to umudi?
Re: Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! by gabialonso(m): 8:25pm On Mar 02, 2013
val_dubem: Pls I ve never been to imo state before, and am coming from abuja. if I take ABC to owerri, how do I make d rest journey to umudi?
u don't hv 2go all d way 2owerri...frm wat i hv gathered, u stop @orlu then u tk a taxi 2umudi...
Re: Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! by valdubem(m): 8:33pm On Mar 02, 2013
gabialonso: u don't hv 2go all d way 2owerri...frm wat i hv gathered, u stop @orlu then u tk a taxi 2umudi...

Tnx bro, I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 03, 2013
Thanks very much guys,am going to skip camp then because am in no condition to endure any frontal element.I ll be visiting from home to witness some of the camp activities.Welcome to Imo state everyone!!!
Re: Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! by Borlahr(m): 10:42am On Mar 03, 2013
For u coming from ABJ. or any route that is not en-route Orlu directly. Its better u stop @ Orlu Junction, Mgbidi. Then, u join cab to Orlu where u can get a cab to Umudi Camp directly.
Re: Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! by gabialonso(m): 12:44pm On Mar 03, 2013
byvan: Thanks very much guys,am going to skip camp then because am in no condition to endure any frontal element.I ll be visiting from home to witness some of the camp activities.Welcome to Imo state everyone!!!
nice....do u live in imo?
Re: Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! by emeka68: 1:13pm On Mar 03, 2013
[/quote][b][/b][quote]
[code][/code][quote author~emmy
corpers posted from jos plateau state nysc camp n 2 imo nysc camp n vice versa shld contact ds number 08033621809 owerri urban mass transit 4 a direct vehcle 2eida of d 2states camp direct.
Re: Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! by gabialonso(m): 5:32pm On Mar 03, 2013
7 Things To Bear In Mind Serving In
Imo State
by NeuroBoss(m): 2:37pm
1) IMO state has 27 local
governments. Only about 9 of
these are urban or near-urban e.g
Owerri Municipal, Owerri East,
Owerri West, Orlu, Nkwerre etc.
Bear it in mind you're going to
mostly serve in villages.
2)IMO state do not pay state
allowee so please take your mind
off that.
3)Everybody wants to serve in the
capital which is Owerri. But going to
Owerri might actually be a curse if
you don't have a strong financial
backing. The hotels in Owerri
makes things expensive. Owerri
has the highest proliferation of
hotels in Nigeria.
4)Unlike other parts of Nigeria,
wearing any of your NYSC outfit
can be your undoing as they tend
to hike everything from bike fare to
buying things in the market
because they believe government
pays you well.
5)The attitude to education is poor
so if you're going to work in the
classroom, you're going to see
many strange behaviours that will
appall you.
6)Be careful how you spend your
first allowee in camp which will be
paid you from 23rd to 26th of March
because in IMO state, you may not
get paid until May when you will be
paid in arrears.
7) Avail yourself of every
opportunity that being a Corps
members offers.
Re: Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! by adeom141(m): 6:47pm On Mar 03, 2013
So what's the positive thing about imo.....am feeling down going there now and how many hour journey is imo state from warru please
Re: Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! by gabialonso(m): 6:58pm On Mar 03, 2013
warri u mean @poster above
Re: Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! by ujchief(m): 7:14pm On Mar 03, 2013
gabialonso: warri u mean @poster above
You can take a bus to onitsha from warri, then take another bus to orlu.
Re: Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! by ujchief(m): 7:22pm On Mar 03, 2013
@gabialonso, I disagree with some of the points you raised above;

I've nver experienced any delay in my federal allowee, I get paid like anyother corper elsewhere.

Imo state has high educational tolerance as 97% of teens wants to go to school, so education is not as you described above. Coupled with the fact that Rochas pays stipends to the students, so they love education.

Inasmuch as owerri is expensive, there are great places to be posted at owerri; Federal university of technology, owerri, federal polytechnic, nekede, imo state university, Alvan ikoku college of eduation and lots more.

Acomodation is the only undoing of owerri and its environs.

I still wonder what a corper needs hotel accomodation for where there are NCCF family house and most local governments has corpers lodge.

However, you are on point about the state allowance. Imo state government does not pay corpers posted to its public secondary schools, so its just you and your federal allowee.

However, those posted to state Ministries as well as local govt councils are paid an average of N5,000 per month.

1 Like

Re: Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! by dimethyl: 7:45pm On Mar 03, 2013
Hi, u dnt nid 2b worried abt Imo. Its simply I Must Overcome. Bear it in mind dat God har ordered ur steps here in Imo. Remember, der is a family dat sticks closer dan a friend...and dat is NCCF FAMILY. Join us at d Practising Skul evryday by 6pm afta ur evening drill. If u nid more info abt NCCF IMO STATE, u can call 08039230775. We will be waiting 4 u 4rm 2mao Monday.
Journey mercy...
Re: Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! by 2ndeRodriguez(m): 7:05am On Mar 04, 2013
Wow... I rem when i used to always refresh the "batch C" last year thread...... Pple like UJ Chief were quite helpful 2 me...
Well.... UJ said d same tins abt "Imo umudi camp" b4 i went but i can say..... Umudi camp is actually 1 of d . Stressfree and kool camps in d country.....

There is about 100 entrances and exits .... U dnt need 2 collect a permit 2 exit atimes.. Jst wear mufti and nt ur normal white and jst pass 1 of dem... Bt cme bk b4 4pm.... Hhahhehhehe.... But if u aren't a tough cookie like me..... Betta leave dt option out........

I had a blast in camp..... Boy o boy... If i had a chance . I would do it all over....... I joined the "OBS - orientation broadcasting service" and ..... Mine o mine.. I enjoyed everytin.. As almst all the programmes on parade went thru .... Me.. Tammy and Mr Macho...... Ma homies... We were 1 big family......... Yeeaaaa.....

Well... The only issue i didn't like.. Was ..... A pest disturbance called "skirt n blouse" so please please and please BE CAREFUL as.... The insect doesn't bite but .. Its when u try u kill it that it pours a very LETHAL juice dt can leave a permanent scar on ur face..... Omo mEeenn. See pretty ladies . All being "defaced" by d insect. No be child's play o...

Well, follow wt odas av said on dis thread pertaining....... Transport .... Logistics and welfare.....

If u r pregnant.... Pls cme .. The state coordinator will jst allow u stay max 3days and u can leave . She is so so caring like dt.. That we kept making announcemnts and begging pple dt were pregnant or married 2 leave d camp...... D ladies wanted 2 stay behind and kerewa .. Hahahahahhaha....

Well. U can holla me 4 mre info and if u r stuck. In any way... I gat ur back.... Am tunde .... 08038797337...... Am serving in owerri city nw tho..... Damn expensive place . Bt as a lagos boi.... Its all good smiley lol ... Later ma guys smiley
Re: Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! by 2ndeRodriguez(m): 7:10am On Mar 04, 2013
ujchief: @gabialonso, I disagree with some of the points you raised above;

I've nver experienced any delay in my federal allowee, I get paid like anyother corper elsewhere.

Imo state has high educational tolerance as 97% of teens wants to go to school, so education is not as you described above. Coupled with the fact that Rochas pays stipends to the students, so they love education.

Inasmuch as owerri is expensive, there are great places to be posted at owerri; Federal university of technology, owerri, federal polytechnic, nekede, imo state university, Alvan ikoku college of eduation and lots more.

Acomodation is the only undoing of owerri and its environs.

I still wonder what a corper needs hotel accomodation for where there are NCCF family house and most local governments has corpers lodge.

However, you are on point about the state allowance. Imo state government does not pay corpers posted to its public secondary schools, so its just you and your federal allowee.

However, those posted to state Ministries as well as local govt councils are paid an average of N5,000 per month.
.... Wow . UJ chiefo is always on point...... I almst mk bold 2 say........ Dis UJ na club chiefo 4 univ.. Hehehehhe....... Bruv..... Which part of IMO u dey self . Make i touchlight ur zone soon lol wink smiley
Re: Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! by djsholi: 8:06am On Mar 04, 2013
I've been posted to IMO state too. I'd be coming by night bus from Minna. Anyone coming from Minna too? Shola.vb.net
Re: Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 05, 2013
I happily welcome Batch 'A' corp members into Imo state. No matter the challenges you face, try your best to overcome it & enjoy Umudi camp.

Please do visit us at KELVIN PHOTOS for your memorable camp pictures.

KELVIN PHOTOS wishes u all d best during ur 21days in umudi.
Re: Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! by djsholi: 9:11pm On Mar 05, 2013
Camp started today. Some lining up, done with registration, gotten my kit. We were served EBa and Egusi soup, with meat oh. Music has been playing since I came, even now. Its really cool here. Met a few ladies already, and some guys too.
Re: Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!! by braine(m): 7:03am On Mar 06, 2013
I'm already there. The place aint as bad as described above. Things are relatively cheaper. Its good to be in Imo. smiley

(1) (2)

Nysc Mobilization Time Table for Batch C / FG Pays December Allawee / Nysc: Is There Part Time Program In Nysc?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.