Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,636 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Sony's New Xperia Z Phone Proves A Hit - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Sony's New Xperia Z Phone Proves A Hit (1096 Views)

Sony Xperia Z Or Samsung Galaxy S4: Which Should I Buy? / SONY Xperia Phones Discussion Thread / Sony Unveils Waterproof Xperia Z Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sony's New Xperia Z Phone Proves A Hit by labamo07(m): 6:57pm On Mar 01, 2013
The new mobile phone by Sony has become the UK's
second best-selling handset from pre-orders alone.
The Sony Xperia Z is beaten only by the Samsung
Galaxy S3, which remains in the top spot for the 10th
consecutive month, price comparison website
uSwitch.com said.
The Samsung Galaxy range dominates February's top
10, taking four places, with Apple's iPhone 5 only in
third position due to the success of Sony's new
handset.
The Sony Xperia Z, which only became available to
buy on Thursday, is seen as a serious challenger to
Samsung's Galaxy S3.
The waterproof, dust-resistant Sony PlayStation-
certified handset boasts a 13-megapixel camera, HD
recording and 5in HD display.
Ernest Doku, telecoms expert at uSwitch.com, said:
"Perhaps the most surprising entrant in this month's
chart is Sony. After record losses in 2012 due to
natural disasters and a strong yen, the Japanese
colossus has upped its game, producing a feature-
packed, high-spec model in the Xperia Z. Storming
into the second spot on pre-orders alone, this is one to
watch in 2013.
"Although Samsung continues to stay ahead of the
competition and is holding on to pole position, the
popularity of the Galaxy range is starting to wane
thanks to serious competition from rival
manufacturing giants.
"There are hotter, newer kids on the block and the
Xperia Z's early popularity is really exciting for
beleaguered Sony. It has the winning combination of
being packed full of features and priced right. It's
about time the iPhone 5 and the S3 were challenged.
"But the anticipated launch of a new Galaxy handset
later this month could make it hard for Sony to build
on this early success."
The uSwitch.com mobile tracker top 10 list is based
on live searches, pre-orders and sales.
uk.m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/news/sonys-smartphone-proves-hit-123417397.html?.b=index&.cf3=Tech&.cf4=2&.cf5=Press+Association&.cf6=%2F&.ts=1362159641&.intl=gb&.lang=en-gb
Re: Sony's New Xperia Z Phone Proves A Hit by honeycandy(f): 9:00am On Mar 02, 2013
A true beauty to behold. Saw it with my boss. Totally love it. I'm currently using Sony Xperia Tx. I want the Z cool
Re: Sony's New Xperia Z Phone Proves A Hit by labamo07(m): 11:47am On Mar 02, 2013
I looked at the features online and I almost lost my ground. The fone bad gan ooo....
Re: Sony's New Xperia Z Phone Proves A Hit by leslieu63(m): 2:51pm On Mar 02, 2013
honeycandy: A true beauty to behold. Saw it with my boss. Totally love it. I'm currently using Sony Xperia Tx. I want the Z cool
maybe if u make ur boss happy he wil give u
Re: Sony's New Xperia Z Phone Proves A Hit by labamo07(m): 4:57pm On Mar 02, 2013
leslieu63: maybe if u make ur boss happy he wil give u
Bad guy.....
Re: Sony's New Xperia Z Phone Proves A Hit by honeycandy(f): 5:03pm On Mar 02, 2013
grin grin grin grin kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Sony's New Xperia Z Phone Proves A Hit by leslieu63(m): 9:04pm On Mar 02, 2013
labamo07:
Bad guy.....
am not bad I just do bad things in a good way grin
labamo07:
Bad guy.....
am not bad I just do bad things in a good way, as regarding the Sony xperia z, I think it's a nice phone with great power but few responsibilities to be used with save for its dust and water resistant capabilities, but I think I will stick with my Samsung galaxy note 2 for now,and the Samsung galaxy s4 is just around the corner who knows what samsung will throw at it, it might even be able to tell the future.
Re: Sony's New Xperia Z Phone Proves A Hit by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 18, 2013
honeycandy: A true beauty to behold. Saw it with my boss. Totally love it. I'm currently using Sony Xperia Tx. I want the Z cool
do you want to sell your xperia tx?
Re: Sony's New Xperia Z Phone Proves A Hit by bisikeys: 9:09pm On Apr 18, 2013
This phone is WICKED!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked smiley smiley smiley
Re: Sony's New Xperia Z Phone Proves A Hit by paulbrown429(m): 11:53am On May 30, 2013
It is good to have tough competition among the top three brands. But I will always go with Samsung phone.

(1) (Reply)

Brand New Tecno Android With No Network,please Help / Innjoo Fire Pro With Android Lollipop / Huawei New Algo,alcatel,modems And Phones Unlock Codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.