Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,577 members, 7,823,509 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Website Design In Nigeria - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Design In Nigeria (2885 Views)

My First Dreamweaver Website Design (in Pictures) / Cmm / How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Design In Nigeria by akynezzo: 8:53pm On Mar 01, 2013
My choice web design company in Nigeria is HITWORKS WEB SOLUTIONS - http://www.hitworksweb.com . Which others would you consider to be good agencies?
Re: Website Design In Nigeria by GraphicsPlus(m): 10:34am On Mar 02, 2013
I can only tell you that hitworksweb.com is an amateur web design company.
Their website is a free template that they edited.
From his works in the portfolio, it is certain that he's not the one that designed his own website.
His is responsive, but others are not.
When you log on to: http://www.roskcheneconsulting.com, you will get this unprofessional script warning on the website: Warning: min() [function.min]: Array must contain at least one element in /home/roskclxa/public_html/index.php on line 36

Again, the WEBSITE TEMPLATES NIGERIA page is just a collection of free templates from sites that offer free templates to newbies like hitworksweb.com.
Check here and see one of the templates: http://chocotemplates.com/corporate/besmart

Keep downloading and editing free templates, let's see how far it will take you.
Re: Website Design In Nigeria by greenmouse(m): 2:21pm On Mar 02, 2013
we are better : www.greenmousetech.com
Re: Website Design In Nigeria by omni1: 6:00pm On Mar 02, 2013
shocked
Re: Website Design In Nigeria by solid3(m): 6:13pm On Mar 02, 2013
GraphicsPlus: I can only tell you that hitworksweb.com is an amateur web design company.
From his works in the portfolio, it is certain that he's not the one that designed his own website.
When you log on to: http://www.roskcheneconsulting.com, you will get this unprofessional script warning on the website: Warning: min() [function.min]: Array must contain at least one element in /home/roskclxa/public_html/index.php on line 36

Again, the WEBSITE TEMPLATES NIGERIA page is just a collection of free templates from sites that offer free templates to newbies like hitworksweb.com.
Check here and see one of the templates: http://chocotemplates.com/corporate/besmart

Keep downloading and editing free templates, let's see how far it will take you.

That was kinda harsh. You bursted his ballon without telling him how to get a good one.

OP, although I have not accessed ur works, I'll encourage you to learn the basics. Its never too late.

Wish u the best.

1 Like

Re: Website Design In Nigeria by kem82: 7:45pm On Mar 02, 2013
For your dynamic websites, kindly visit http://www.hostingpacific.net/ or call 08030993200
Re: Website Design In Nigeria by Napolitano(m): 12:53pm On Mar 03, 2013
Graphicplus, which one be ur own?
Re: Website Design In Nigeria by idlaw2k3(m): 2:14pm On Mar 03, 2013
GraphicsPlus: I can only tell you that hitworksweb.com is an amateur web design company.

What is wrong wit using a free template?
Are his clients complaining? I believe anyone can use anything to create a website, As long as he gets jobs and is responsive to his clients needs.
I get pissed off when someone criticizes a website as unprofessional based on template design and not the site's functionality. Thats why many website designers are broke. They are still stuck in the past with p3 reasoning. If my client needs an urgent work and is not ready to pay a good price as many of them here in Nigeria are.... rather than walk away, i get a template and design a site for him. He is happy, i am happy. If on the other hand he is a techie and knows the value of codes and is ready to pay, i give him what he wants.

2 Likes

Re: Website Design In Nigeria by mrkels(m): 5:59pm On Mar 03, 2013
Contact me for all your web design jobs smiley
Re: Website Design In Nigeria by GraphicsPlus(m): 6:39pm On Mar 03, 2013
@Idlaw2k3, there is nothing wrong in using free template, but if u ar using it, then u should not call urself a webmaster or web developer. U ar simply a web editor that knows basic html/css.

If ur client wants a website urgently? Then what stops u from developing all kinds of web templates and storing them for immergency use?

A web designer may only use a template for his personal blog, maybe wordpress, but for his business website and clients' websites, he hav to handcraft them.

What wil happen when u design an immergency website wit a template and another person somewhere designs his immergency website wit the same template?

Here is my advice, soak urself in html4/html5, have a grip on css2/css3, cut ur teeth in js/jquery, lay hold on php and mysql, and have a good idea of photoshop for the web, then u can build something awesome and u wil never hav to panic that u may stumble on the design in another website.

Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: Website Design In Nigeria by mrkels(m): 8:03pm On Mar 03, 2013
GraphicsPlus:
A web designer may only use a template for his personal blog, maybe wordpress, but for his business website and clients' websites, he hav to handcraft them.
Guy You are so wrong here, now I know you may not know what you are saying.
Go to maybe themeforest and see some premium wordpress themes designed mainly for ALL kinds of business , na there you go fear. Clear road jor.
Leave the op and his hustle.

1 Like

Re: Website Design In Nigeria by kentochdis(m): 9:11pm On Mar 03, 2013
If you need a good web designer, i suggest you try http://www.hostketcom.com
Re: Website Design In Nigeria by GraphicsPlus(m): 1:41am On Mar 04, 2013
@Mrkels, pls u can go on and be purchasing premium templates from themeforest.net, and let's see how far u will go. Themeforest sells a template for 10 USD, 1600 Naira u may say, but they wil stil sell that same template to several people. If u want them to sell only to u, then u wil hav to pay them 500 USD per template. Ok, keep spending 80k to get a premium template from themeforest, and let's see if you wil succeed. Themeforest is NOT for webmasters. It's for individuals who are not webmasters, but can do a basic template editing and add plugins. If u know ur game, I hope u know that themeforest wil be pursuing u to design templates for them, and they wil be paying u royalty. Search the net, and see webmasters doing awesome designs and even teaching through their blog how to achieve some cool and tricky designs. I can tell u authoritatively that there is a particular design u may want to achieve one day, but u can never find a free or premium template matching it.
Re: Website Design In Nigeria by mrkels(m): 7:32am On Mar 04, 2013
@graphicplus I was only disputing your statement where you said its a must you must code from scratch if its a business site. How many of you webmasters here on nairaland even do that?
I know this may be off point but I have this friend who knows php, and was always boasting about it, infact he was the one who inspired me to learn these things as I had little or no interest in it before because he said I should give him a fee before he can coach me on it,I was angry , so I took an interest in cms and got joolma,drupal and wp. I loved wp so much and started designing very beautiful professional responsives sites with it.he saw my websites and to my suprise, I later caught him reading " wordpress for dummies" and after building the site he was studying for, it became one of his finest and most professional design even, it became clear to him that he's been doing childsplay coding so since that day he stuck to wp. Bros, I can tell you that all the sites he did with php and the ones I did with wordpress are not on the same level grin
Re: Website Design In Nigeria by GraphicsPlus(m): 8:10am On Mar 04, 2013
I didn't say one should not use templates to design business websites.
I said let it not be free ones or the 10 Dollars premium ones at themeforest.
It should be the premium ones of 500 USD each.
Now if he cant afford to be giving themeforest 500 usd for every template, then hand-coding becomes the saviour.

Again i said, he should not address himself as a web developer, but as a web editor.

Talking about WP.
WordPress runs on PHP.
PHP is used by 77.9% of all the websites whose server-side programming language is known.
WordPress is used by 16.6% of all the websites in the world.
If you have a look at the top three CMSes, for the websites that use a monitored content management system:
Wordpress is first with 54.3%,
Joomla is second with 9.2%,
and Drupal is third with 6.8%.
These three products written in PHP.

Been able to edit contents of a website doesn't make you a web developer.
You just need a basic knowledge of html/css to do that.
Doing a drag and drop thing with dreamweaver will also not make you a web developer.

1 Like

Re: Website Design In Nigeria by GraphicsPlus(m): 8:21am On Mar 04, 2013
Again, if you want a car, you can go buy one off the shelf.
If you want to race it, you will have to make some modifications to the engine.
If you want a rocket, you will have to build it yourself from scratch.
Rocket is never sold. grin
Re: Website Design In Nigeria by akynezzo: 12:18pm On Mar 04, 2013
Why can't Graphicsplus present his own unique works as he claimed to be the only professional in Nigeria. Graphicsplus is a professional 'bad belle'. Professionals customizes templates very well,quacks who don't know scripts can't modify templates - they just replace images and texts. Hitworksweb is very good - at least we can see their works. You can't hold a web designer to account if the client refuse to upload contents,which leads to a warning message propping up. Moreso, they have some works displayed which are resolving fine.
Re: Website Design In Nigeria by akynezzo: 12:30pm On Mar 04, 2013
GraphicsPlus:
When you log on to: .........., you will get this unprofessional script warning on the website: Warning: min() [function.min]: Array must contain at least one element in /home/roskclxa/public_html/index.php on line 36

Must you place a link that doesn't belong to you on a forum except u're blacklisting it or promoting it on search engines. I don't know why GraphicsPlus is desperate! Nairalanders please check out GraphicsPlus postings and let's have an idea what he's like.
Re: Website Design In Nigeria by GraphicsPlus(m): 1:24pm On Mar 04, 2013
I don't claim to be the only professional web developer in Nigeria.
Web developers dont use free templates to design works.
Again, web developers dont use free templates to design works.
Just get it.
Re: Website Design In Nigeria by micodon(m): 5:44pm On Mar 04, 2013
www.michaeleze.com he is a very good freelancer
Re: Website Design In Nigeria by darkhand: 1:27am On Mar 05, 2013
I always love it when Nigerians start talking. They speak Nigerianeese. Things that make sense only in Nigeria.

GraphicsPlus: I don't claim to be the only professional web developer in Nigeria.
Web developers dont use free templates to design works.
Again, web developers dont use free templates to design works.
Just get it.
Re: Website Design In Nigeria by baileysng(m): 9:51am On Mar 05, 2013
Brother... we should encourage our self since we are all in the same profession... Mr. A have what B wants.. partnering with each other to form a stronger body is never a bad ideal. smiley.

I just see signs of weakness in every post here

1 Like

Re: Website Design In Nigeria by JummyBy: 11:15am On Mar 05, 2013
And they are at it again... angry when they speak Nigerianeese, they forget they are brothers.
Though I subscribe to the fact that free or cheap templates may not meet the standards required for true web development, I still think small beginnings is the making of gurus.
Op, you might wanna learn a lot more on this stuff Bro. It will help you eventually.
Re: Website Design In Nigeria by olafolarin(m): 5:32pm On Mar 06, 2013
greenmouse: we are better : www.greenmousetech.com

Are you on whatshapp?
Re: Website Design In Nigeria by greenmouse(m): 10:48am On Mar 07, 2013
olafolarin:

Are you on whatshapp?

No, But am on BB 227CC2DC
Re: Website Design In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 07, 2013
i do not support d idea of using templates just as they are, rather one can get ideas from them.
check out my website:
www.cyberclickstudios.com
its fully handcoded!
Re: Website Design In Nigeria by doncheks: 10:12am On Mar 08, 2013
GraphicsPlus: @Idlaw2k3, there is nothing wrong in using free template, but if u ar using it, then u should not call urself a webmaster or web developer. U ar simply a web editor that knows basic html/css.

If ur client wants a website urgently? Then what stops u from developing all kinds of web templates and storing them for immergency use?

What wil happen when u design an immergency website wit a template and another person somewhere designs his immergency website wit the same template?

Here is my advice, soak urself in html4/html5, have a grip on css2/css3, cut ur teeth in js/jquery, lay hold on php and mysql, and have a good idea of photoshop for the web, then u can build something awesome and u wil never hav to panic that u may stumble on the design in another website.

Goodluck.

I concur.I was working on a joomla project with some guy who claimed to have 3years+ experience with the CMS.Was shocked when the guy couldnt understand or write a single line of PHP.

With the rise of CMS Web design,many of these template editors are claiming to be webmasters.

If you need to hire a joomla or wordpress developer,be very careful coz over 50% of them are template editors.

You may end up with a beautiful design and no functionality. Beware.

1 Like

Re: Website Design In Nigeria by zebudaya(m): 5:43am On Mar 09, 2013
If you are are calling yourself a web developer/webmaster and at the same time worried that your work can be confused with someone who is using themes (the so called installers/editors) , then you should sharaap and step your game up!

We know when someone is using themes, and we know when someone coded the website by hand. Look at these portfolios http://www.fullstopinteractive.com/#our-projects and http://muledesign.com/portfolio/ We know they are coded by hand. Fullstop Interactive charges $15,000 minimum to build a site. I don't know how much Mule design charges, but I know they charge a lot. The difference b/w using themes vs Code should be clear, if it's not and you are coding 100% by hand, then step your game up, and stop bashing folks trying to make a living.

I see nothing wrong with using themes. I use them and I customize them. The quality of the work I produce is different from the work more technically advanced folks create, and my pricing reflects that.

If you are a webmaster/expert, where is your theme shop? what themes have you built, Where is your Naija equivalent of woothemes, where is your portfolio?
You are a webmaster, yet we don't have webapps that can solve Nigerian problems
You are a webmaster, Yet we don't have an alternative to Paypal
You are a webmaster, It took the Germans to launch an Amazon Clone ---Jumia---
You are a webmaster,
You are a webmaster
You are a webmaster......
Re: Website Design In Nigeria by jaywonder1: 5:53am On Mar 09, 2013
Please dudes άϻ just a new web design student, and άϻ reading books on HTML and CSS but I don't know the first thing to do if I want to design a website before coding... Άϻ lost pls help me.
Re: Website Design In Nigeria by zebudaya(m): 6:07am On Mar 09, 2013
jay-wonder1:
Please dudes άϻ just a new web design student, and άϻ reading books on HTML and CSS but I don't know the first thing to do if I want to design a website before coding... Άϻ lost pls help me.

The first thing is to use google,
The second thing is to build something. Decide on what you want to build and then start building it. Asking vague questions like the above, will not help you. Some people use CMS's like wordpress, more advanced teams design the website in Photoshop, then code it using HTML, CSS, PHP, Jquery etc.... I just wrote this on another post.
zebudaya: [size=20pt]PHP, Python or Ruby[/size]

For front end you'll need some knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Jquery to start.

If you want to analyze data, Learn SAS or R, you will never go hungry.

You can host your web apps on Googleappengine for nothing

other resources,
check out codeacademy.com
coursera.com
youtube
github.com
stackoverflow.com

For CMS, check out Wordpress, Kirby, Stacey,
If you devote one year to learning how to code, you will make progress. Ignore the folks telling you to learn BASIC, C++ or JAVA, They are behind the times. Web apps, and Mobile apps are the future.

There is a lot of free stuff online, use google and be resourceful. If you have any questions send me an email, I can show you the right direction
Re: Website Design In Nigeria by tourgist: 12:09pm On Mar 11, 2013
check out Cyrus Thorpe Ltd. A UK based software company owned by a Nigerian, came into Nigeria about two months Ago.
www.cythorpessoftware.com
Re: Website Design In Nigeria by akynezzo: 3:29pm On Mar 13, 2013
hitworksweb.com is a very professional website design company in nigeria. This is very obvious from the works displayed and their website content.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yandex Invalid Contact Error. help!!! / How To Secure A Blog / Forum - Suspension, Ban Or Hellban? / Want To Own A Movie Downloading Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.