Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Why Can't We Make A Classic Epic Nigerian Movie? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why Can't We Make A Classic Epic Nigerian Movie? (3532 Views)

Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review / 9 Epic Nigerian Movies We Can't Forget In A Hurry. / You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't We Make A Classic Epic Nigerian Movie? by Seun(m): 4:08pm On Mar 26, 2008
Intelligence is not the problem. The problem is money. How many of us actually buy original movies?
Re: Why Can't We Make A Classic Epic Nigerian Movie? by lucabrasi(m): 5:03pm On Mar 26, 2008
the original movies are not bought because they are not worth buying, bought over 100 nollywood cds last year when i was in nigeria and they r more or less a pack of rubbish once i v seen them just once, so why ll i bother myself buying 'em again
Re: Why Can't We Make A Classic Epic Nigerian Movie? by dappsy001(m): 7:12pm On Mar 26, 2008
THERE IS A NEW TV SERIES COMING UP THAT I HEARD ABOUT ITS CALLED "D COMBACK" THE QUALITY OF THIS SERIES IS LIKE ALL THE WAY UP THE AND ITS AN ORIGINAL SERIES SO ITS NOT LIKE NIGERIANS ARE STEALING AMERIANCAN SHOWS AND I HEARD ITS GOING TO BE SHOWN IN NIGERIA BUT ITS SHOT IN AMERICA BY NIGERANS.I THINK THE NAME OF THE ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY SHOOTING IT IS CALLED PROMINENT CEASE ENT.THEIR WEBSITE WOULD SOON BE OUT.WE SHOULD ALL SUPPORT GOOD QUALITY ENTERTAINMENT FOR ONCE. The word going around this company is that they are ready to revitalize the Nigerian movie entertainment and start making epic high quality movies too that would be shown around Africa. yall should look out for them and support them so we can start seeing nominations of our movies in the Oscars and all.
Re: Why Can't We Make A Classic Epic Nigerian Movie? by lucabrasi(m): 7:28pm On Mar 26, 2008
dappsy001:

THERE IS A NEW TV SERIES COMING UP THAT I HEARD ABOUT ITS CALLED "grin COMBACK" THE QUALITY OF THIS SERIES IS LIKE ALL THE WAY UP THE AND ITS AN ORIGINAL SERIES SO ITS NOT LIKE NIGERIANS ARE STEALING AMERIANCAN SHOWS AND I HEARD ITS GOING TO BE SHOWN IN NIGERIA BUT ITS SHOT IN AMERICA BY NIGERANS.I THINK THE NAME OF THE ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY SHOOTING IT IS CALLED PROMINENT CEASE ENT.THEIR WEBSITE WOULD SOON BE OUT.WE SHOULD ALL SUPPORT GOOD QUALITY ENTERTAINMENT FOR ONCE. The word going around this company is that they are ready to revitalize the Nigerian movie entertainment and start making epic high quality movies too that would be shown around Africa. yall should look out for them and support them so we can start seeing nominations of our movies in the Oscars and all.

its about time nigerians in the diaspora who r in the industry had an input in the industry n helped out
Re: Why Can't We Make A Classic Epic Nigerian Movie? by dappsy001(m): 7:42pm On Mar 26, 2008
am feeling you on that one.
Re: Why Can't We Make A Classic Epic Nigerian Movie? by Dreloaded(f): 10:02pm On Mar 27, 2008
Amazing Grace is overrated trash.
Re: Why Can't We Make A Classic Epic Nigerian Movie? by MP007(m): 8:20am On Mar 28, 2008
top nigerian epic movie of all time is sango
Re: Why Can't We Make A Classic Epic Nigerian Movie? by jemit(m): 5:53pm On Mar 28, 2008
how are we supposed to make classics or epic nigerian movies when we know very little about our history and past. we do not have enough information or resouces about the history of the nation nigeria especially before the british came into nigeria.

apart from the issue of financing/funding of the epic, which is a major factor, i guess the researching for the story would be very tasking, except if u just want to do a fictional story.
Re: Why Can't We Make A Classic Epic Nigerian Movie? by mordz: 9:55pm On Mar 30, 2008
I dont personally like those kinds of industries with little or no real value (eg sports, acting, music etc. ) I think we nigeria, should concentrate on the hard sciences and technology. We have a zero manufacturing base. We cant even make bicycle. India is getting ready to launch a moon expedition. Look at the success of china, taiwan, hong kong, india, singapore, south korea etc. They concentrate on manufacturing and the sciences. Every thing else will come after you have solved your real problems. I am 40 years old and there has not been a day in benin that nepa has not taken light in 40 years. What a shame.! we cant even feed our selves and we are talking about acting / actors.
Re: Why Can't We Make A Classic Epic Nigerian Movie? by jemit(m): 10:57am On Mar 31, 2008
mordz:

I don't personally like those kinds of industries with little or no real value (eg sports, acting, music etc. ) I think we nigeria, should concentrate on the hard sciences and technology. We have a zero manufacturing base. We can't even make bicycle. India is getting ready to launch a moon expedition. Look at the success of china, taiwan, hong kong, india, singapore, south korea etc. They concentrate on manufacturing and the sciences. Every thing else will come after you have solved your real problems. I am 40 years old and there has not been a day in benin that nepa has not taken light in 40 years. What a shame.! we can't even feed our selves and we are talking about acting / actors.

hey bro, if u are not interested then i guess u should not even post a thing. i think this thread is for those interested in the film & tv industry and want to make a difference.
this industry is a source of income to many people and many get fed from this industry.
Re: Why Can't We Make A Classic Epic Nigerian Movie? by grafikdon: 3:00pm On Mar 31, 2008
mordz:

I don't personally like those kinds of industries with little or no real value (eg sports, acting, music etc. ) I think we nigeria, should concentrate on the hard sciences and technology. We have a zero manufacturing base. We can't even make bicycle. India is getting ready to launch a moon expedition. Look at the success of china, taiwan, hong kong, india, singapore, south korea etc. They concentrate on manufacturing and the sciences. Every thing else will come after you have solved your real problems. I am 40 years old and there has not been a day in benin that nepa has not taken light in 40 years. What a shame.! we can't even feed our selves and we are talking about acting / actors.

So what if a third world country decides to send men to the moon while majority of their people are living in perpetual poverty? So what if NEPA 'takes light' every 2 minutes? Should we now wait for the government to fix NEPA before we wake up and do something worthwhile? One sided development has been our bane in Naija. I personally do not see anything wrong with a vibrant entertainment indusrty or have you forgotten the magnitude of people (millions of Nigerians) gainfully employed in the entertainment sector? I guess we should abandon those years of sweat and send a man to the moon- - - or and we can also build a wheel barrow to show the world we have 'arrived'.

Perhaps if you do a little research, you'd know that we have been manufacturing stuff but that is out of the question. Sending a man to the moon should be the least of our worries, not when close to 70% of our people are living in abject, but should we become adamant and send men to the moon in our present situation, we deserve a shower of fire, brimstone, hell, thunder etc etc for diving nose deep into a pointless wild goose chase at the expense of the wretched masses.

I agree with you, we should concentrate of things like good roads, good NEPA, basic amenities and most importantly, jobs (the entertainment industry you so much despise is doing well in that department even with all the NEPA syndrome wink ). So my brother, cool temper. Sports and music have been the integral part of our culture or do you think oyibo man invented that too? grin

Live and let live. There is enough room for NEPA, 'hard scince' Moon adventure, acting, melecine, Babalawoism, Dibiaism, music and sports.
Re: Why Can't We Make A Classic Epic Nigerian Movie? by mordz: 6:35pm On Mar 31, 2008
homeboys, My point about going to the moon was the technological feat itself not the journey. my other point about nepa was if we had our own technology, we(obasanjo) probably wouldnt have blown 16 billion dollars with some Italian and chinese firms who sold us electricity generating machinery they know we cant operate. It always amuses me as to how people get wrapped up in certain things like sports and movies. I thank God that it employs people but It could employ a heck of a lot more people and pay much better. We probably will not be able to make an epic movie without that technological know how I am talking about. You need the know how to operate those $100,000 high tech cameras, boom, lighting, sound, special effects etc etc. My nigas look, we all like nija movies and want the best for our country and our people.
I have researched and researched and researched and I cant find anything made in Nigeria. All I find is parts imported from china and put together in naija. You would be helping me much if you could point me to a nigerian owned company that manufactures especially consumer electronics. I have business I would really like to steer that way. I am tired of making the koreans rich. I will probably start a thread on that issue. I really want to find out more info.
Re: Why Can't We Make A Classic Epic Nigerian Movie? by Seun(m): 9:12pm On Mar 31, 2008
If we make great movies, we can export them and use the foreign exchange money to develop basic amenities.
Re: Why Can't We Make A Classic Epic Nigerian Movie? by grafikdon: 10:46pm On Mar 31, 2008
Seun:

If we make great movies, we can export them and use the foreign exchange money to develop basic amenities.

That's the big picture which many of us fail to see. Very unfortunate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download K Drama Nevertheless / Nigerian Movie Trailers / MOVIE: Download Sugar Rush 2019 – Nollywood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.