Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,278 members, 7,839,382 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Can Christians Work On Sundays? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can Christians Work On Sundays? (4736 Views)

Poll: Is it ok for a Christian to work on Sunday?

Yes: 62% (15 votes)
No: 37% (9 votes)
This poll has ended

5 Major Things To Work On Before Graduation / How Much Do You Spend On Transportation To Work On Daily Basis? / Is It More Difficult To Wake Up For Work On Monday Mornings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Christians Work On Sundays? by goodguy(m): 4:40pm On Aug 13, 2006
How about working / going to work after service?
Re: Can Christians Work On Sundays? by kenshin(m): 5:40pm On Aug 13, 2006
thebadguy:

How about working / going to work after service?
That's okay
Re: Can Christians Work On Sundays? by tripplea27(m): 6:25pm On Aug 13, 2006
though its not good to work on sunday, but its sometimes difficult, like me now, i am the one financing my self since my dad died, and also where i am working my boss didn't allow to absent from office. But one thing i am doing now is that i told him that i will be resuming to the office after service and he agreed.

another one goes to the nurse, all of us knows the nature of there work whether they like it or not they will go to work. and so many like that.

But if we should look at it very well its not good for a christian to work on sunday.
Re: Can Christians Work On Sundays? by Oracle(m): 11:02pm On Aug 13, 2006
Well i go to work on sundays and i don't remember my mum telling me i'm a hindu
Re: Can Christians Work On Sundays? by Remmzy(m): 3:33am On Aug 14, 2006
@topic
working on sunday? grin Fellas, sometime you might need to do that, Jesus Christ did work on some sundays; that was why he said would anyone not love to find his lost sheep on a Sabbath day cause its holy tongue.
I don't work on sundays but we might say if its circumstantial, then off i go cool.
Re: Can Christians Work On Sundays? by whytee(f): 10:27am On Aug 14, 2006
i beliee u can wrship God anyday anytime. My brother works in a hotel and equally works on sudays. If he is on morning duty he goes to evening sevice from work if he is on afteroon duty he go to morning service before going to work. So does it make him to disrespect God. Should the doctors and nurses abandon their patients on sundays? It all depends on you. Everyday is suppose to be a day of worship
Re: Can Christians Work On Sundays? by crito(m): 10:29am On Aug 14, 2006
no i dont think its ideal.
Re: Can Christians Work On Sundays? by provost: 10:33am On Aug 14, 2006
there are certain essential duties that can be perform on sundays like food selling , medical attention and others in that category
Re: Can Christians Work On Sundays? by Stealthy(m): 2:56pm On Aug 14, 2006
Normally, a Christian should not work on Sundays.

However, like Jesus said, "the Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath". There are some people where who MUST work Sundays, like doctors, public transport drivers, security pple, pilots and of course, pastors! In these cases, where possible, you shd have another day of the week when you focus completely on God. Part of the reason God created the Sabbath is so we dont work everyday. You can choose a convenient day off work for yourself is Sunday is totally out of the question.

Also, what if you happen to live in an Islamic country like Qatar or Saudi where Sunday is officially a workday? Well, over there, churces have their services on Fri or Sat, so the aim is still accomplished.
Re: Can Christians Work On Sundays? by disney(f): 2:59pm On Aug 14, 2006
Interesting topic,
 Well, we are now in the modern era; working on sunday is not a crime or a sin. It's condition that makes crayfish bend. Certain jobs in the Uk and America require you to work on sundays whether you like it or not. Some cashiers are forced to work on weekends and are payed overtime for that, Restaurants require workers to work on weekends and mostly weekends is like you make more cash because people eat out a lot on weekends. Not to talk of Doctors, Nurses and cops, you could be on call at any time. So yeah, we all should have time for God but it should not be looked at as a taboo because if certain people did not work on sundays. All would be a stand still in that , you can't buy certain things or do certain things or just imagine a woman giving birth. Hello, you can still work in the morning and go to church at night or vice versa.

NB: It's only in Nigeria that every body must to go to church on sundays and yet they are one of the most corrupt nations in the world. Highest in 419 worldwide.Sorry to say, christianity is action and not whether you go to church or not.
Re: Can Christians Work On Sundays? by grafikdon: 1:19am On Aug 15, 2006
If you want to paint those who work on Sunday as sinners,look in the mirror and thou shall see a monkey with nostrils wide enough to serve as a passage for an elephant.

How about on Sunday you go to church on foot if you don't drive. Do not stop to buy gas if you drive. Do not buy any food. Thou shalt not log onto the internet. thou shalt not watch television. If you do these you are sharing in the 'sins' of the 'church dodgers'. Those of you who said anyone 'whorshipping' God on Sunday is doing it 'wrong'. I think I am going to need a lung transplant because that is the most ridiculous and hilarious crap I have ever heard.

Oh brother! You can keep a church/mosque attendance register if you wish but it will add little or nothing for your spiritual ascent.
Re: Can Christians Work On Sundays? by diyobdw(f): 5:17pm On Aug 16, 2006
@grafikdon

am with you on that lane! cool
Re: Can Christians Work On Sundays? by tripplea27(m): 6:11pm On Aug 18, 2006
i support what u said jupsy, its not only sunday that we should serve God, we can serve him anyday.
Re: Can Christians Work On Sundays? by Babybee(f): 9:34pm On Feb 12, 2008
you can work on sundays as long as its does not disturb you time of worship with the brethren. Imagine fire fighters not working on a sunday "because they are all christians" and your house is on fire, what would you do?
As a christian, i believe you can work late or night shifts or if your church service is in the afternoon, sure you can work in the morning and go to church when its time. wink
Re: Can Christians Work On Sundays? by almondjoy(f): 10:01pm On Feb 12, 2008
Render to God what is God's and render to Caesar what is Caesar's. No be so una Bible talk am? cheesy I am sure if you spend like 8 hours in church every Sunday, one can still put in another 8-12 hours on work on Sunday. No one is God and should not take Sunday as a "resting" day. Only God has that kind of priviledge. kiss

Make una find work and stay employed!
Re: Can Christians Work On Sundays? by Horus(m): 10:04pm On Feb 12, 2008
almondjoy :
  he he he he he he he!        Darling, I just came back from work okay?  And I am about to hit my bed.  You can come and smell my pussy there if you wish.  I did not take a shower.  Just for you--the way you like it!   Here, have a sniff in anticipation!  After standing for 12+ hours, you can imagine that the laws of osmosis and diffusion will be in the direction of your mouth and nose. You can be ma douche pot!  Boy! Am I ovulating too or what?   You know what that means if you have ever seen an ovulating Agenegbode pussy before.   
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Can Christians Work On Sundays? by almondjoy(f): 10:13pm On Feb 12, 2008
Idiot! Stinking douche pot pussy mouth! cheesy grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Can Christians Work On Sundays? by Doovy: 8:14am On Feb 13, 2008
I dont see anything wrong in working on a sunday. Okay, those that go to church, are they all pure at heart? What matters is your right standing with God. Remember the Bible tell us that 'wisdom is profitable to direct'. Let us all learn to serve Gos in truth and that thoes not begin and end in Sunday-sunday church goer. Some people try to deceive themselves and those around them by going to church every sunday but at the end of the day, God searches the heart, and he knows all our intentions.
Re: Can Christians Work On Sundays? by na2day2(m): 4:54am On May 14, 2008
i work on sundays but not by choice, i really fight over this issue with my boss, to me it just sucks. even when i am allowed to go to church, i have to hurry back to work, trust me i dont like the job that much to want to work on sundays but bad things happen i guess. sad sad
Re: Can Christians Work On Sundays? by coopedro(m): 12:09pm On May 14, 2008
sure it is wrong to work frm mondays tru sundays but when u re a police, nurse, doctor e.t.c to me it is not bad.
Provided wen u're off u endeavour to attend service and above all fear him (GOD)
Re: Can Christians Work On Sundays? by pelum1(m): 11:49am On May 19, 2008
All I have to say is that it all depends on your faith, bro!

Remember, ", your faith has made you whole, "

Peace!
Re: Can Christians Work On Sundays? by abujabooks(f): 10:59am On May 21, 2008
no.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Do I Study Aviation Telecommunication In Lagos / My Boss Sits Recklessly @ Work! / Payment For Coursera Courses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.