Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Ryan Giggs Set To Make 1000th United Appearance... - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Ryan Giggs Set To Make 1000th United Appearance... (786 Views)

Alex Ferguson & Ryan Giggs Named Best Manager & Player In EPL History / Ryan Giggs Branded 'dirty Dog' / Man Utd Player 'Ryan Giggs' To Sue Twitter (and Possibly NL) For Exposing Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ryan Giggs Set To Make 1000th United Appearance... by Odunharry(m): 12:11pm On Mar 02, 2013
Ryan Giggs is set to make his 1000th appearance for man utd today as he is been presented with a commemorative shirt by Ferguson and the rest of the team.
Ryan Giggs today signed a one-year contract extension that will keep him playing into his 40′s at Manchester United until at least 2014. The 39-year-old Welshman has been in fantastic form since December and has played a massive part in United’s unbeaten run that stretches back to November. Whether it was his worldly assist to van Persie’s winner at West Ham or his man-of-the-match performance against Fulham in the FA Cup, he has been nothing short of superb. He was all smiles with Ferguson and his team-mates today after signing his one-
year contract extension and why shouldn’t he be? Speaking to Manutd.com, Giggs said: ”I am delighted to have signed a new contract. “I would like to thank Sir Alex and the coaching staff and I would also like to thank David Gill who has been a tremendous support over my many years here.” Everywhere you look, the numbers and records are incredible. He is in line to make his 1000th competitive appearance for United if he plays against Norwich on Saturday and in his time at Old Trafford, Giggs played with 144 team-mates – enough to make 22 full teams. An incredible statistic. At the start of the season, some fans were frustrated at Giggs’ performances but they have certainly eaten their humble pie now. If Giggs can continue playing like this, there is no reason that he can’t be playing for a few years yet. One question remains – when is he going to get a knighthood?
Re: Ryan Giggs Set To Make 1000th United Appearance... by Odunharry(m): 12:14pm On Mar 02, 2013
giggsy

Re: Ryan Giggs Set To Make 1000th United Appearance... by Odunharry(m): 12:18pm On Mar 02, 2013
Giggsy wit SAF

Re: Ryan Giggs Set To Make 1000th United Appearance... by oluwadare26(m): 1:12pm On Mar 02, 2013
No come give us fabu! He's making 1000 caps 4 both club and country
Re: Ryan Giggs Set To Make 1000th United Appearance... by Odunharry(m): 2:33pm On Mar 02, 2013
oluwadare26: No come give us fabu! He's making 1000 caps 4 both club and country
hmmm...i knw he playd 931 4 utd

(1) (Reply)

Roman Abramovich,girlfriend Delivers The Most Expensive Baby Ever / Arsenal(0) Vs Sunderland(0) On Saturday 21st February / Thierry Henry Retires From Professional Football.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.