Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,046 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Pope Benedict's Retirement Package - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Benedict's Retirement Package (838 Views)

This Man Believes He Is Jesus Christ...pope Benedict Him. / Pope Benedict XVI To Resign / Pope Benedict To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Benedict's Retirement Package by OluEmmaAss: 4:36pm On Mar 02, 2013
Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI, the 264th successor of Pope Peter and the 265th Pope of the Roman Catholic church will get as retirement benefits a 2500 Euro pension, a vatican home, cooked meals and housekeepers. Next Monday, cardinals will meet to determine the next Papal conclave to elect the new Pope.
Re: Pope Benedict's Retirement Package by OmerianConsult: 4:50pm On Mar 02, 2013
The armed robbers who are Nigeria's ex-leaders get far more than this.
Re: Pope Benedict's Retirement Package by Ubenedictus(m): 7:13pm On Mar 02, 2013
Olu-Emma & Ass.:
Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI, the 264th successor of Pope Peter and the 265th Pope of the Roman Catholic church will get as retirement benefits a 2500 Euro pension, a vatican home, cooked meals and housekeepers. Next Monday, cardinals will meet to determine the next Papal conclave to elect the new Pope.
really 2500euros. Hahaha, interesting just for buying books.
Re: Pope Benedict's Retirement Package by OluEmmaAss: 8:16pm On Mar 02, 2013
That's just the cash. He would get a fully paid for life.
Re: Pope Benedict's Retirement Package by Ubenedictus(m): 9:16pm On Mar 02, 2013
Olu-Emma & Ass.:
That's just the cash. He would get a fully paid for life.
i thought u said a home, meals and housekeeper. Did i misread?
Re: Pope Benedict's Retirement Package by Candour(m): 11:18am On Mar 03, 2013
Olu-Emma & Ass.:
Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI, the 264th successor of Pope Peter and the 265th Pope of the Roman Catholic church will get as retirement benefits a 2500 Euro pension, a Vatican home, cooked meals and housekeepers. Next Monday, cardinals will meet to determine the next Papal conclave to elect the new Pope.

This is where the catholic church shows more christlikeness than our pentecostal/charismatic churches.can u imagine any of our visible MOG'S in Nigeria agreeing to 2500 Euros(less than 600k naira) monthly pension? If this is true,then i salute the man and the catholic church jare.With the size of the catholic church,they could even afford to give him a million dollars monthly i'm sure without sweating.
Re: Pope Benedict's Retirement Package by OmerianConsult: 2:20pm On Mar 03, 2013
Front page
Re: Pope Benedict's Retirement Package by italo: 2:45pm On Mar 03, 2013
@ OP, proof/source please.
Re: Pope Benedict's Retirement Package by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 03, 2013
Re: Pope Benedict's Retirement Package by italo: 5:33pm On Mar 03, 2013
Thank you...but you said it as if the information was from an authoritative source.

The Vanguard even makes it clear that the Vatican didn't confirm it, that it was only reported by Italian newspapers.

Don't you think the news may possibly be false?
Re: Pope Benedict's Retirement Package by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 03, 2013
italo: Thank you...but you said it as if the information was from an authoritative source.

The Vanguard even makes it clear that the Vatican didn't confirm it, that it was only reported by Italian newspapers.

Don't you think the news may possibly be false?

Good evening Italo,

I didn't open the thread, I just helped with the source of the OP's information.
Re: Pope Benedict's Retirement Package by OluEmmaAss: 6:06pm On Mar 03, 2013
striktlymi:

Good evening Italo,

I didn't open the thread, I just helped with the source of the OP's information.
I believe the news.
Re: Pope Benedict's Retirement Package by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 03, 2013
Olu-Emma & Ass.:
I believe the news.

If you say so!
Re: Pope Benedict's Retirement Package by italo: 7:19pm On Mar 03, 2013
@ Striktlymi, good evening.

Sorry, I wasn't looking well.

I thought it was the OP that posted.
Re: Pope Benedict's Retirement Package by italo: 7:21pm On Mar 03, 2013
Olu-Emma & Ass.:
I believe the news.

Of course, you are free to believe any rumour you like...

...But may I ask why you believe this one?

Just because Italian newspapers say so?
Re: Pope Benedict's Retirement Package by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 03, 2013
italo: @ Striktlymi, good evening.

Sorry, I wasn't looking well.

I thought it was the OP that posted.

I understand! smiley

(1) (Reply)

Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Wednesday 3rd April Deliverance Is Your Duty By Pasto / Is Our Logic Not Truly Sufficient To Prove Or Disprove God? / Is It Right To Have A Church In A Hotel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.