Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,557 members, 7,958,739 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:02 PM

Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) (25329 Views)

A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) / See The Kind Of Food Served For Lunch At An IDP Camp In Maiduguri / Palm Wine! Now In A Can ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by kandiikane(m): 11:50pm On Mar 04, 2013
Ewwwww! NO! No! No! My body dey crawl just looking at those images.
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by Soukiss(m): 11:51pm On Mar 04, 2013
OLD THING . HAVE TEST IT HERE IN NAIJA ? IJAW MAN NO THE CARRY LAST OH. WE THEY PUT SNAKE FOR OGOGORO IN MY PLC. OLD SUPPER STORY
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by akpaulite(m): 11:52pm On Mar 04, 2013
Maxymilliano: Snake wine and Scorpion wine are asian beverages that can be found in some Southeast Asian countries such as Vietnam, Thailand, Laos Cambodia, but also in Korea, and Japan.

To prepare this incredible beverage a cobra snake or some scorpions are put into a bottle fulfilled with transparent rice wine liquor and some herbs are added before the drink is left to ferment for months. The venomous cobra snake used to make Snake wine is preserved to have the snake poison dissolved in the rice wine, but because snake venoms are protein-based they are inactivated by the denaturing effects of ethanol, and no more dangerous, but this makes a healthy liquor with many health benefits.

Many types of snake drinks can be found all across Asia, but the most famous one and the only original one is the one found in Vietnam, Thailand, and Laos, the famous Snake wine that you can only find online.

Southeast Asia’s cuisine has a drink made with a twist: an entire venomous snake.

The consumption of snake wine was originally for medicinal purposes and many still drink it for those reasons. The beliefs of snakes’ healing abilities are derived from snake characteristics like agility, skin shedding, and speed. The flexibility of snakes is believed to be a good treatment for stiffness and arthritis. Their ability to shed their skin translates into a regenerative quality for skin ailments, such as acne or itching skin. Another healing property snakes are know for is their speed. Its speed represents how quickly the healing occurs and moves fast throughout the body. Some versions of this wine is made with the actual blood and bile of the snake. Snake wine is so gross and hardcore at the same time.

Culled from the net... More details at
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_wine
i reserve my comment
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by Nobody: 11:53pm On Mar 04, 2013
if na acne and itchy skin, dudu osun/black soap dey na
if na low libido, alomo bitters dey na
if na arthritis abi na back pain, liniment dey na

why would I take snake wine when there are numerous and less gross alternatives? undecided undecided
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by akpaulite(m): 11:53pm On Mar 04, 2013
Maxymilliano: Snake wine and Scorpion wine are asian beverages that can be found in some Southeast Asian countries such as Vietnam, Thailand, Laos Cambodia, but also in Korea, and Japan.

To prepare this incredible beverage a cobra snake or some scorpions are put into a bottle fulfilled with transparent rice wine liquor and some herbs are added before the drink is left to ferment for months. The venomous cobra snake used to make Snake wine is preserved to have the snake poison dissolved in the rice wine, but because snake venoms are protein-based they are inactivated by the denaturing effects of ethanol, and no more dangerous, but this makes a healthy liquor with many health benefits.

Many types of snake drinks can be found all across Asia, but the most famous one and the only original one is the one found in Vietnam, Thailand, and Laos, the famous Snake wine that you can only find online.

Southeast Asia’s cuisine has a drink made with a twist: an entire venomous snake.

The consumption of snake wine was originally for medicinal purposes and many still drink it for those reasons. The beliefs of snakes’ healing abilities are derived from snake characteristics like agility, skin shedding, and speed. The flexibility of snakes is believed to be a good treatment for stiffness and arthritis. Their ability to shed their skin translates into a regenerative quality for skin ailments, such as acne or itching skin. Another healing property snakes are know for is their speed. Its speed represents how quickly the healing occurs and moves fast throughout the body. Some versions of this wine is made with the actual blood and bile of the snake. Snake wine is so gross and hardcore at the same time.

Culled from the net... More details at
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_wine
i reserve my comment
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by kenneth348: 12:08am On Mar 05, 2013
No be only snake... I also get lion wine
miracle4: where can I order for one
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by igbsam(m): 12:10am On Mar 05, 2013
I once drank this cobra wine when i visited india...believe me you, it has a great taste. Its mild and very smooth in the mouth. After i drank it, i started feeling heat from the inside for about 5mins and then i went to ease myself, you need to see the colour of my urine, yellowish. The chinese man told me, i had so much dirt in me and i've just pissed them out. My brothers and sisters, after an hour or so, u need to see how lite i am. I felt energized and the babe wey i knack dat night sef know say something jam her. Its very medicial
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by Nobody: 12:31am On Mar 05, 2013
Asians, they can eat and drink anything, and I am sure they do. wink grin
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by theripper: 12:34am On Mar 05, 2013
This asians sef no dey allow any animal or insect waste, from lizard to frog to monkey to even human foetus. Na wa for una o.

2 Likes

Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by 190: 12:36am On Mar 05, 2013
[size=48pt]DAFAQ~!![/size]
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by 190: 12:38am On Mar 05, 2013
igbsam: I once drank this cobra wine when i visited india...believe me you, it has a great taste. Its mild and very smooth in the mouth. After i drank it, i started feeling heat from the inside for about 5mins and then i went to ease myself, you need to see the colour of my urine, yellowish. The chinese man told me, i had so much dirt in me and i've just pissed them out. My brothers and sisters, after an hour or so, u need to see how lite i am. I felt energized and the babe wey i knack dat night sef know say something jam her. Its very medicial

DAMN CAN U GET ME 6 Bottles please

I need am for knacking reasons too embarassed embarassed

I'll pay
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by razznaija(f): 12:42am On Mar 05, 2013
I don't care how bad my health condition is, never will i drink that sh!!!t.
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by 190: 12:43am On Mar 05, 2013
razznaija: I don't care how bad my health condition is, never will i drink that sh!!!t.

grin grin grin

u wont be told
they;ll just give u the content without the snake grin grin grin grin
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by theripper: 12:45am On Mar 05, 2013
razznaija: I don't care how bad my health condition is, never will i drink that sh!!!t.

Dat na lie, pray se u no sick correct sickness, u fit eat mad man shit sef if na d cure.
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by TableLeg(m): 12:58am On Mar 05, 2013
Disgusting shi...t!
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by Nobody: 1:11am On Mar 05, 2013
seedord247: Are those snake stil alive? undecided

Yes indeed. If you shake the bottle you can see them move. angry
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by Nobody: 1:13am On Mar 05, 2013
Reminds me of these suckers with bugs inside

Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by Lucasbalo(m): 1:18am On Mar 05, 2013
I know a guy in Lagos that drink something like that. I say, Yuk.
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by nwawuweneonye: 1:32am On Mar 05, 2013
ULSHERLAN:
shocked cry
He/she is supppose to be reading
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by TableLeg(m): 1:40am On Mar 05, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Yes indeed. If you shake the bottle you can see them move. angry
U got one at home? undecided
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by akatonero(m): 1:45am On Mar 05, 2013
Wnt even taste it talkless of sip.where re dey from?
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by Nobody: 2:21am On Mar 05, 2013
Table Leg :

U got one at home? undecided

No. I finished the bottle tongue
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by Tinyemeka(m): 2:28am On Mar 05, 2013
igbsam: I once drank this cobra wine when i visited india...believe me you, it has a great taste. Its mild and very smooth in the mouth. After i drank it, i started feeling heat from the inside for about 5mins and then i went to ease myself, you need to see the colour of my urine, yellowish. The chinese man told me, i had so much dirt in me and i've just pissed them out. My brothers and sisters, after an hour or so, u need to see how lite i am. I felt energized and the babe wey i knack dat night sef know say something jam her. Its very medicial

You drank snake poison and you brag about it. Snake poison that causes multiple organ failure. Why did your urine suddenly change colour?

You drank snake poison. undecided
Sorry.

1 Like

Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by mruwaifo(m): 2:28am On Mar 05, 2013
Can I buy you a drink ?
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by lawizle(m): 2:31am On Mar 05, 2013
Bullshit...diz r just embalmed creatures...
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by lawizle(m): 2:39am On Mar 05, 2013
the_ripper: This asians sef no dey allow any animal or insect waste, from lizard to frog to monkey to even human foetus. Na wa for una o.

Yur a fool for making me embarrass Masef wif lafter...buh itz 2ru sha...dose guyz no fit geh famine walahi...dem fit boil stone chop sef.
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by lawizle(m): 2:48am On Mar 05, 2013

Itz yur type dat buy all sort of concoctions in molue...CEO "gbogbonishe"
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by peruso: 3:06am On Mar 05, 2013
NAwa ooooooo

So booze don finish wey na this one dem wan give man pikin?

Anyway I'm up for it if its the only one available.
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by Nobody: 3:09am On Mar 05, 2013
*Puke*

Innocent snakes!
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by AbdulAdam56(m): 3:58am On Mar 05, 2013
i knew it.This wil work.Pls if ynu are coming bak purchace one 4 me i wil repay you.Or do u knw whr i can bought it in naija?This wine go sweet die wink
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by OgidiBoy(m): 4:17am On Mar 05, 2013
markanin buran tashi. it's sold all over the north, infact I still have some with me right now.
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by lagcity(m): 5:01am On Mar 05, 2013
Everybody claims "health benefit" nowadays. Show me, don't just tell me. Nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'2GO Bread' Spotted In Asaba / What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) / Sweetslices Cakes 'n' More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.