Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! (109204 Views)

How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) / Problem Solved.easy Way To Activate Whatsapp Calling Feature / Android: Low internal Memory Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! by naijagadgetboi: 12:14am On Mar 05, 2013
If you are using an android phone with not enough internal memory, it can be such a pain when your phone continually tells you that you are running low on internal memory. Once the phone’s internal memory gets low, it begins to slow down, hang sometimes and even prevent you from installing more apps. This is a huge complaint from people using phones like the HTC Chacha, Samsung Galaxy Mini, Tecno N3, etc, all of which have less than 250MB of internal memory. Even if you have 1Gb of internal memory, you’ll find that you can quickly use up up to half the memory and your phone begins to perform less optimally. This is a fix that will help you get around the low internal memory problem.
What you need:
· A computer
· Your android phone (must be rooted)
· A memory card (preferably 4gb and above. You can use less (1gb, 2gb) but i would recommend something bigger)
· Minitool partition wizard software installed on your computer (download here)
· Link2SD installed on your android phone.

The Procedure
· Connect your phone to your computer in data storage mode

· Back up existing files on the memory card to the computer

· Format memory card, preferably a full format.

· Open Minitool partition wizard

· Locate your SD Card (memory card), right click and select move/resize

· A new window will open with a slider. Drag the slider to the left to create empty space on your memory card. Create up to 512mb/1Gb depending on your personal preference then click okay.

· Now you will see an unallocated partition under your memory card. Right click it and select “create”.

· Use the following parameters: Partition Label-Any name you chose; Create as- Primary; Drive Letter- Choose any; File System: FAT32; Cluster Size-Default.

· Click OK

· Locate Apply in the top left corner of the app window and click it

· Wait for the changes to be applied. After it is done, disconnect your phone from your PC

· Now on the phone, go to the Google Play store (or any other app market you have installed on your android phone) and download Link2SD

· Once it is done downloading and installing, run the app.

· Super user will ask for permissions for running this app. Select “Allow”

· Next, the app will try to build a list of all the apps installed on your phone. When it is done, it will ask you to select a partition type. Select FAT32. After this, you will be asked to restart your phone to mount the new partition. Restart the phone.

· Once it is done restarting, open Link2SD again.

· If you did things correctly, you won’t be asked for super user permissions or to select partition type again. This time, the app will go directly to a list of all the apps installed on your phone (both system and third party apps)

· Now push your menu button, then select the button marked “multiselect”. A checkbox will appear beside all the apps

· Then select “select all”. All the check boxes will now be marked. (Note that certain apps won’t be marked. These are system apps and can’t be moved. Also note that moving certain apps will cause their widgets to malfunction if they are already in use. Also, certain apps (like Facebook and Ubersocial) will become irregular with notifications after being moved, so you might want to uncheck those. However, if you don’t really care about the notifications from those apps, you can leave them checked)

· Next, push the button marked “action” and a list appears. From this list, select “move to SD card” (at this point, you might get a prompt asking you to enable USB debugging. Select OK, and a setting page would appear. Check enable USB Debugging, then OK if a pop up appears. Once this is done, return to Link2SD, select actions and then select “move to SD card”

· Wait for the apps to be moved to the SD card. Once this is done, you will be returned to the apps list. Push the menu button, select multi select, then select all. Select actions but this time, select “Create Link”. A new screen would appear with three options that have checkboxes beside them. Check all three boxes, then select OK (or create link, depending on what version f Link2SD you are using)

· Wait for the links to be created and Voila, your memory problems are solved! Check your available internal memory and you’ll see ample space is now available and your phone will stop notifying you of low memory errors.

NOTE: If, after doing this, your app notifications stop or widgets stop working, you might have to change the notifications settings in the app’s settings. If this doesn’t work, you might want to move the app back to phone memory. Follow this short procedure.

· Open link2SD
· When the apps list has loaded, locate the app you want to move back
· Select the app, then select move to phone.
· Wait while it moves the app to the phone memory
· That’s pretty much it.

So there you have it, memory problem solved. I’ll try to make a video of it to make it clearer (or find a video someone has already posted on youtube if there is one) and update you guys with a link. Till then, enjoy your android phone!

- See more at: http://naijagadgetbox.de.nu/index.php/gadget-support/item/82-android-phones-internal-memory-problem-solved#sthash.uQmGRfyl.dpuf

5 Likes

Re: Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! by naijagadgetboi: 11:45am On Mar 05, 2013
Oh, forgot to add. You might want to keep moving apps to your SD and Linking them regularly especially if you keep installing new apps to keep your internal memory clear.
Re: Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! by ibietela2(m): 11:12pm On Mar 05, 2013
Thanks i did this with my tecno N3 8GB SD. I allocated 2gb to the card now the card and the phone is out of memory. I dont know where the second partition is. What should i do? Should i try it again?
Re: Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! by walcolm(m): 7:44am On Mar 06, 2013
is this possible on ICS and JB OS?
Re: Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! by naijagadgetbox: 8:58am On Mar 06, 2013
ibietela2: Thanks i did this with my tecno N3 8GB SD. I allocated 2gb to the card now the card and the phone is out of memory. I dont know where the second partition is. What should i do? Should i try it again?

The new partition is hidden. To see it and manage it, you have to use mini tool partition wizard again. Hope you followed all the steps accordingly. Look through and make sure you missed nothing

2 Likes

Re: Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! by naijagadgetbox: 8:59am On Mar 06, 2013
walcolm: is this possible on ICS and JB OS?

Works on all versions of android above eclair
Re: Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! by ibietela2(m): 10:22am On Mar 06, 2013
naijagadgetbox:

The new partition is hidden. To see it and manage it, you have to use mini tool partition wizard again. Hope you followed all the steps accordingly. Look through and make sure you missed nothing

that means i should do the partition again by deleting the current one?
Re: Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! by naijagadgetbox: 11:04am On Mar 06, 2013
ibietela2:

that means i should do the partition again by deleting the current one?

well, maybe you should delete the current one and create another one, a smaller one this time, say 1gb or 512mb should do. Also make sure your phone is rooted and that you set the default partiton too FAT32 when you first open Link2 SD
Re: Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! by ibietela2(m): 3:24pm On Mar 06, 2013
naijagadgetbox:

well, maybe you should delete the current one and create another one, a smaller one this time, say 1gb or 512mb should do. Also make sure your phone is rooted and that you set the default partiton too FAT32 when you first open Link2 SD

1GB to what? Even the 2GB i gave to my mcard has run out. Is it not Ext32?
Re: Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! by viki94: 9:28pm On May 04, 2013
overall all the steps are finished, at last one error occurs when we select "create link" option in link2sd
it shows (/data/sdext2 mount not found)
what i do now?
Re: Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! by jaezy: 9:07am On May 23, 2013
Men this stuff na wa oh

2 Likes

Re: Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! by kay2dot(m): 2:02pm On May 23, 2013
Tablet PC

Screen Size: 7"
Hard Drive Capacity: 4GB
Memory : 1GB
Touch Screen Type: Capacitive Screen
Display resolution: 1280x800
Battery : 5000mah
Feature: Bluetooth,Wifi,GPS,3G,Webcams,Multi Touch,HDMI,G Sensor,Camera,Phone Call
Operating System: ANDROID 4.2.1
CPU: MTK6589 QUAD CORE 1.2G
RAM: 1G
ROM: 4GB
TF CARD: 8GB
CAMERA: REAL 8MP, FRONT 2MP
Body: Aluminium

Interested? email kay2dot001@yahoo.co.uk or ping 25efda18
Re: Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! by cartini82: 12:20am On May 24, 2013
Re: Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! by vicshownero(m): 3:27pm On Jun 10, 2013
help with download link of "Minitool partition wizard"
Re: Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! by robertmoses: 3:16pm On Jun 15, 2013
Pls am having problem in rooting my tecno p3.
Pls help
Re: Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! by Owlumeday(m): 5:11pm On Jun 15, 2013
Go to d root ur fone thead for help. Just rooted mine today and it was easy. Just 4low simple steps
robertmoses: Pls am having problem in rooting my tecno p3.
Pls help
Re: Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! by oyebasht(m): 11:38pm On Jun 18, 2013
pls,
what if i want to change to another memory card and undo the former, how will i
Re: Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! by fawaz05: 6:24pm On Jun 30, 2013
"i m having problm with myhtc chachaerror is root access warning link2sd could not obtainroot access if you have root accs make sure respond allow or grandto super user request " tell me wat to doooo i m helpless sad
Re: Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! by clenn: 2:18pm On Sep 23, 2013
i jux rotted ma fone nd i didnt see d super user on it..bt srsroot told mi rootin complete...wat do i do
Re: Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! by clenn: 2:19pm On Sep 23, 2013
oyebasht: pls,
what if i want to change to another memory card and undo the former, how will i
u wud start d process again nw
Re: Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! by Segunod(m): 2:37pm On Sep 23, 2013
Pls can INFINIX joypad be rooted? If yes, wat is d procedure.. tanx
Re: Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! by jackymfon: 6:13pm On Sep 23, 2013
i did mine last week with another method(i wish i had seen this post then) but now my phone can't see my sdcard, even the laptop i used cant see d card pls can u help with any ideas
Re: Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! by solelymade: 9:00pm On Sep 23, 2013
Most of una go end up frying ur fones
I dey laugh oo....

1 Like

Re: Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! by Jakeattah(m): 2:58am On Oct 18, 2013
oh... dis tecno d5 sef internal memory tooo low
Re: Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! by mikzcena: 10:59am On Oct 20, 2013
I formatted my memory card and all my files got erased. Should i copy my files back before proceeding to open minitool wizard? Please respond. It's urgent.
Re: Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! by ibietela2(m): 2:39pm On Oct 23, 2013
mikzcena: I formatted my memory card and all my files got erased. Should i copy my files back before proceeding to open minitool wizard? Please respond. It's urgent.

You will still have memory issues, so no need
Re: Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 08, 2013
I followed the procedures but it keeps notifying me of low memory.
Re: Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! by OmoUdoyo12: 7:15pm On Jul 09, 2015
I followed the procedure and it works perfectly for me
Re: Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! by ryfoz(m): 9:42pm On May 24, 2016
Works well if you know exactly what you are doing (that is if you are androtech-inclined)

/data/sdext2 is the added 3.5gb to my 2.8gb default ROM

I'm using Itel 1701 and a class 4 San Disk memory card (ADATA)

Re: Android Phones Low Internal Memory Problem Solved! by francesreid: 10:28am On Nov 08, 2016
HI,
Low memory space is a common problem which is faced by many android user. When time comes to store some new data then it shows error messages that more space is required to store the data and some data needs to be deleted. However when you face such type of problem then it needs to be solved and make some space so that data can be stored easily. One post I have which can help you about how to make space on your android phone and store data on it.
See for more on: http://www.androiddatarecoverymac.com/blog/fix-low-memory-storage-issue-android-mac

(1) (Reply)

How To Hard Format Any Type Of Android Phone ,tecno Infinix Etc / Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others / Download Mymtn App And Get 500MB Free Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.