Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,560 members, 7,770,445 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:45 AM

How To Hard Format Any Type Of Android Phone ,tecno Infinix Etc - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Hard Format Any Type Of Android Phone ,tecno Infinix Etc (109267 Views)

Rooting Android (A New Approach For Tecno, Infinix, Etc) / Transferring Sms From One Android Phone (tecno) To Another / A New Tecno Phone (tecno N3) -soon! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Hard Format Any Type Of Android Phone ,tecno Infinix Etc by muddiser(m): 9:12am On Oct 19, 2013
In the case of lost draw pattern password or bringing back your phone to its orignal state ..this is a proceedure you wil have to follow..it works 4 all tecno ..chinese and non chinese android phones...,lets rock and roll..!!
Re: How To Hard Format Any Type Of Android Phone ,tecno Infinix Etc by muddiser(m): 9:54am On Oct 19, 2013
Now this is the proceedure ..for android phones with a volume control key ..with the process of formating any stubborn android device you can stil back up ur files
Re: How To Hard Format Any Type Of Android Phone ,tecno Infinix Etc by muddiser(m): 9:56am On Oct 19, 2013
Off your device .. Remove the battery replace it then ..hold the following keys. . .power button +volume down
Re: How To Hard Format Any Type Of Android Phone ,tecno Infinix Etc by muddiser(m): 10:05am On Oct 19, 2013
U wil see a pop up articles in your screen use you volume key to scrol up and down to select
Re: How To Hard Format Any Type Of Android Phone ,tecno Infinix Etc by muddiser(m): 10:09am On Oct 19, 2013
Incase you want to back up hold power key +volume key up
Re: How To Hard Format Any Type Of Android Phone ,tecno Infinix Etc by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 19, 2013
pls teach me more ..i never knew all these.

angry
Re: How To Hard Format Any Type Of Android Phone ,tecno Infinix Etc by 2NDACCT(f): 12:37pm On Oct 20, 2013
deejay_harry1: pls teach me more ..i never knew all these.

angry

LOL..... Funny you
Re: How To Hard Format Any Type Of Android Phone ,tecno Infinix Etc by muddiser(m): 11:58am On Oct 25, 2013
Follow the instructions i gave ...power on key+volume key that is how you format or backup your phone and is the best if you have issues with you play store like unable to download files on your play store you may need a hard reset not restore factory on you phone settings .
Re: How To Hard Format Any Type Of Android Phone ,tecno Infinix Etc by marcjane(f): 8:46pm On Oct 29, 2014
Do you want to format your Android phone using the hard reset method?
Some of the things that will make you format your device this way includes:

If the device owner forgot the unlock pattern or pin of his/her Android phone.
Once you forget this code, you cannot access the contents of your device unless the unlock screen gets out of the way. The last recommended solution to this is to wipe the data of your phone without accessing the menu. Note that this will erase all your personal files, info and apps in the phone storage. You will only

regain this if you earlier on backed up your phone on your local drive or Google account. This procedure will leave your SD card untouched.
How to unlock Android device Pattern/Pin

If you want to free system memory.
Formatting of device and a manual re-installation of apps will remarkably yield free memory for use.
If you forgot your Google Account credentials or your phone’s data is not turned on:
Google gives any one that forgot the phone’s unlock pattern or password a chance to remotely unlock it by signing in to his Google account that is connected to the PlayStore App on the device. You can not connect to this account if you’ve forgotten your login credentials or you remember it but your phone data is off!
Restore phone to factory setting.
This is needful if you want to sell your phone or if a change in a system file made your phone to malfunction.

HOW TO FORMAT/HARD RESET A LOCKED ANDROID PHONE.
Its simple. Many Android phone makers gives a specific guideline on this but in the absence of such, generally you:

1. Switch off the device

2. Hold the POWER key together with at least the down volume key to power the phone and start the resetting process.

3. A command-like window with sometimes a green text appears

4. Use the up/down volume keys to scroll screen and use the Power key to select.

5. Select WIPE DATA and the phone reboots after some few minutes to clear and reset your device memory.
If the above guide doesn’t work for your device, then we certainly must revisit point number 2. Note that this is because some Android versions like Gingerbread and Froyo 2.2 will not go with the typical Hard reset method outlined above. Also most recent Samsung Galaxy smartphones may need another slight alteration in point number 2.

Alternatively try this for #2…
i. Power your device while simultaneously holding the Up and Down volume screen. Hold until blue screen appears

ii. If the above doesn’t work, try holding the Up volume key + Power key + Home key especially for Samsung Android smartphones.

iii. Some phones are so tricky, try this out yourself, try holding the up volume key or the down volume key or both together with the power key until the blue screen comes up!

There is really no one specified method that works for all Android devices!
Re: How To Hard Format Any Type Of Android Phone ,tecno Infinix Etc by muslih: 9:34am On May 20, 2015
i have sony xperia c when i boot my phone it didnt turned on then i hold volume up+power button then it turned on but i cant get into menu it just keeps loading , i press power button to see options and erase my data but it also not showing ,

Re: How To Hard Format Any Type Of Android Phone ,tecno Infinix Etc by Kalygashon(m): 11:23pm On Jun 28, 2015
grin undecided[email][/email]no wawo? no wawo? no wawo?
Re: How To Hard Format Any Type Of Android Phone ,tecno Infinix Etc by Nafizzey(m): 1:01pm On Mar 20, 2016
marcjane:
Do you want to format your Android phone using the hard reset method?
Some of the things that will make you format your device this way includes:

If the device owner forgot the unlock pattern or pin of his/her Android phone.
Once you forget this code, you cannot access the contents of your device unless the unlock screen gets out of the way. The last recommended solution to this is to wipe the data of your phone without accessing the menu. Note that this will erase all your personal files, info and apps in the phone storage. You will only

regain this if you earlier on backed up your phone on your local drive or Google account. This procedure will leave your SD card untouched.

If you want to free system memory.
Formatting of device and a manual re-installation of apps will remarkably yield free memory for use.
If you forgot your Google Account credentials or your phone’s data is not turned on:
Google gives any one that forgot the phone’s unlock pattern or password a chance to remotely unlock it by signing in to his Google account that is connected to the PlayStore App on the device. You can not connect to this account if you’ve forgotten your login credentials or you remember it but your phone data is off!
Restore phone to factory setting.
This is needful if you want to sell your phone or if a change in a system file made your phone to malfunction.

HOW TO FORMAT/HARD RESET A LOCKED ANDROID PHONE.
Its simple. Many Android phone makers gives a specific guideline on this but in the absence of such, generally you:

1. Switch off the device

2. Hold the POWER key together with at least the down volume key to power the phone and start the resetting process.

3. A command-like window with sometimes a green text appears

4. Use the up/down volume keys to scroll screen and use the Power key to select.

5. Select WIPE DATA and the phone reboots after some few minutes to clear and reset your device memory.
If the above guide doesn’t work for your device, then we certainly must revisit point number 2. Note that this is because some Android versions like Gingerbread and Froyo 2.2 will not go with the typical Hard reset method outlined above. Also most recent Samsung Galaxy smartphones may need another slight alteration in point number 2.

Alternatively try this for #2…
i. Power your device while simultaneously holding the Up and Down volume screen. Hold until blue screen appears

ii. If the above doesn’t work, try holding the Up volume key + Power key + Home key especially for Samsung Android smartphones.

iii. Some phones are so tricky, try this out yourself, try holding the up volume key or the down volume key or both together with the power key until the blue screen comes up!

There is really no one specified method that works for all Android devices!
I just tried third method, when I press the switch on key + volume up + Home key botton , when the blue screen appears and I scroll down to press reset phone, it's requesting for password confirmation which gave forgotten. pls what do I do?
Re: How To Hard Format Any Type Of Android Phone ,tecno Infinix Etc by kolexepana: 7:05am On Mar 21, 2016
The day i format my c8 is the day i'll sell it
Re: How To Hard Format Any Type Of Android Phone ,tecno Infinix Etc by peteonline: 8:40pm On Apr 25, 2016
Comprehensive guide on how to format your Android phone by Hard reset method can be found here: http://www.mymobnet.com/format-or-unlock-a-passwordpattern-locked-android-phone/
Re: How To Hard Format Any Type Of Android Phone ,tecno Infinix Etc by Tboyfrosh123(m): 10:07pm On Oct 01, 2020
muddiser:
Follow the instructions i gave ...power on key+volume key that is how you format or backup your phone and is the best if you have issues with you play store like unable to download files on your play store you may need a hard reset not restore factory on you phone settings .
pls will the phone be on while doing so or it would be switched off before pressing the buttons
Re: How To Hard Format Any Type Of Android Phone ,tecno Infinix Etc by Jeromo: 2:32pm On Jun 29, 2021
There are many applications that are really useful and necessary for people and there are a large number of applications that have not yet been created, so we can start creating them today, and if you want to quickly test go now your application for strength and find out if there are any Buggy there, then I can gladly I recommend you a site that will help you in this matter, I wish you, good luck friends
Re: How To Hard Format Any Type Of Android Phone ,tecno Infinix Etc by AmadorSays: 9:28am On Jun 30, 2021
Lol, which kind old thread be this, I can't even remember the last time I saw a TECNO phone where you could remove the battery
Re: How To Hard Format Any Type Of Android Phone ,tecno Infinix Etc by Yourfav: 1:27pm On Jun 30, 2021
AmadorSays:
Lol, which kind old thread be this, I can't even remember the last time I saw a TECNO phone where you could remove the battery
it's an old thread na, since 2013
Re: How To Hard Format Any Type Of Android Phone ,tecno Infinix Etc by Sainthia: 4:56pm On Jun 30, 2021
AmadorSays:
lol, check the date it was created

(1) (Reply)

The New USSD Code For Airtel Night Data Plan / Download Mymtn App And Get 500MB Free Data / Airtel APN On Universal Modem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.