Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

“I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / “I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan (3569 Views)

Dame Patience - My Husband Is The Best Couple On Earth / Top 10 Grammatical Blunders By Patient Dame Jonathan / Dame Patience Jonathan's Blunder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan by stormm: 10:26am On Mar 05, 2013
Copied & Shared:

I am now ready for Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan
First lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, is determined to show Nobel Laureate, Wole Soyinka, that she is not scared of taking him on. It would be recalled that during a recent PDP women rally, the first lady had expressed displeasure that Soyinka criticised her over her plan to build a N4 billion mission house. Once again, during a meeting in Coted’Ivoire with that country’s first lady, Dame Jonathan told her host to ignore whatever criticism she hears about the matter as “my husband will build the house for me whether they like it or not.”
Speaking further, she said, “As for that one who won a ‘Noble’ Laureate, I don’t even know why those people made him noble, but that’s why I’m very happy with you Coted’Ivoire people for giving my husband title of Commandeur de L’Ordre de Nation and for giving me title of Grand Croux da L’Ordre de Nation. So if Soyinka is noble, he can now see that I and my husband are Lords. And Lord is higher than noble so he’s not my level.”
After her speech, her host, Mrs. Outtara whispered in her ears that the ‘L’Ordre’ in her title actually means ‘the order’ and not ‘the Lord’. Mrs Jonathan replied, “I know, that’s what I said.” With a smile on her face, Mrs. Outtara wondered how someone could deny what she just said openly but her Nigerian interpreter told her not to be troubled because “we are used to it now in Nigeria.”
Re: “I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan by eduson33(m): 10:30am On Mar 05, 2013
kai,mmadu have see somethings for this peoples ruling us in these country
Re: “I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan by baby124: 10:36am On Mar 05, 2013
Madam abeg there are some people you don't fight with. They will expose and deal with you badly. Looks like you are bored, lonely or just being you. Your perm sec. job is there or you can take up other duties in aso rock. Like answering your husbands important calls. Forget the office of first lady, you can never make it constitutional or legal. Just face your family abeg. You have clearly lost your humanity/ability to pick battles with this N4bn house.

Op, advice your fellow clown in chief
Re: “I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 05, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: “I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan by lecturerdabo(m): 10:38am On Mar 05, 2013
Ready in what manner? age, wisdom or academically?
Re: “I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan by TableLeg(m): 10:38am On Mar 05, 2013
Is our "illiteracy ridden" first lady having a laugh?!
SMH!!!
Re: “I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan by baby124: 10:43am On Mar 05, 2013
Table Leg :
SMH!!!

OP is a story teller. Indulge him grin
Re: “I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan by Akshow: 10:46am On Mar 05, 2013
Table Leg :
SMH!!!
PROLLY TOO DULL 2READ WITHIN THE LINE AND GET THE JOKE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: “I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan by yuzedo: 10:49am On Mar 05, 2013
grin

Akshow: PROLLY TOO DULL 2READ WITHIN THE LINE AND GET THE JOKE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
That guy is one sad and very slow morrafocka! grin

1 Like

Re: “I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan by Chanchit: 10:50am On Mar 05, 2013
E be like say Dame don heal finish, this one wei she don dey spew rubbish again. The two mumu lords. Na me go personally burn that N4b house down if Lord mugu builds it for her. Awon Eleribu.

Btw I'm sure its a joke.

1 Like

Re: “I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 05, 2013
[s]Speaking further, she said, “As for that one who won a ‘Noble’ Laureate, I don’t even know why those people made him noble, but that’s why I’m very happy with you Coted’Ivoire people for giving my husband title of Commandeur de L’Ordre de Nation and for giving me title of Grand Croux da L’Ordre de Nation. So if Soyinka is noble, he can now see that I and my husband are Lords. And Lord is higher than noble so he’s not my level.”[/s]

I will know patience is ready to take on soyinka when she can come to terms that he was awarded with a NOBEL laureate not NOBLE.

This woman is too fooolish I swear. angry
Re: “I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan by TableLeg(m): 10:53am On Mar 05, 2013
yuzedo: grin
That guy is one sad and very slow morrafocka! grin

Akshow: PROLLY TOO DULL 2READ WITHIN THE LINE AND GET THE JOKE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
No i think both of you are the fu...cking dim-witted vagabonds here .. I know what is going on, beleedat!
When you talk about intelligence or wits, your entire lineage and unborn generation put together cant touch me with a barge pole!
Fuc....king bastards
Re: “I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan by RedLight1: 10:56am On Mar 05, 2013
comedy extravaganza grin grin
Re: “I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan by yuzedo: 10:57am On Mar 05, 2013
Table Leg :

No i think both of you are the fu...cking dim-witted vagabonds here .. I know what is going on, beleedat!
When you talk about intelligence or wits, your entire lineage and unborn generation put together cant touch me with a barge pole!
Fuc....king bastards

Ok bro.. grin Floreat! grin

2 Likes

Re: “I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan by yuzedo: 10:59am On Mar 05, 2013
Na wa! Lots of incredible dummies don't know this is satire from somebody's imagination... grin
Re: “I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan by TableLeg(m): 10:59am On Mar 05, 2013
baby_123:
OP is a story teller. Indulge him grin
I know what is going on ... wink
Re: “I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 05, 2013
@All,

This account, which only appeared in the Op-ed section of an online magazine, somehow does not ring true.

I know Madam DAME is famed for making the most inauspicious remarks once under the spotlight, but even she must know there is a limit, no?

Anyhow...

Dame Patience: You don’t abuse Kongi

Every nation produces its own intellectuals. The kind Antonio Gramsci described in ‘Prison Notebooks’ as ‘’the thinking and organising elements of a particular social class’’. As a nation we are blessed with intellectuals who are ‘’distinguished less by their profession than by their function in directing ideas and aspirations’’, mediating conflicts between social classes and speaking truth to power.

It is this essential role of speaking truth to power that invariably brings public intellectuals into conflict with those who wield power. Thus, the suspicion rulers hold of intellectuals who give the clearest description of the intellectual that Edward Said described as ‘’neither a pacifier nor a consensus builder, but someone whose whole being is staked on a critical sense, a sense of being unwilling to accept easy formulas, or ready-made clichés or smooth…but actively willing to say so in public’’ tell the relationship between rulers and intellectuals. In our case, the conflict is heightened by rulers who govern undemocratically in a democracy.

Thus, in most democratic nations where constructive public discourses govern democratic politics, tolerance and respect are inscribed within the discursive frame. It is worth noting, here, that democracy without its rights elements is hollow. Lest we forget, democracy isn’t an abstract concept that conceives of rights and freedoms as the illusions of the weak. It is a governance reality with two natures: natural rights that are alive; and the nature that resists the totalitarian power which threatens it. The unity of both natures ensures that contrarian views are accepted as the basis of engagement. Sadly, ours is a country where rulers overcome unfounded fears by chasing imaginary enemies.

Admittedly, the relationship between rulers and public intellectuals in our country has never been smooth. With rulers riveted on promoting their own interests, and public intellectuals who have no gods to ‘’worship or to look to for unwavering guidance’’ ever committed to unmasking their interests, the relationship is bound to be uneasy. This uneasiness became patently manifest last week when the Dame hosted a delegation of women politicians from the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to a meeting many observers would have dismissed as the meeting of political hangers-on and hacks. They didn’t.

As if Nigerians had not fully grasped the import of her near-death vision, the Dame announced the result of the 2015 presidential ballot two years ahead of the casting of the first vote. The Dame’s boasts and chest thumping certainly gave fillips to PDP hacks that seized on the moment to abuse the Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka. That a function involving the First Lady could be turned into a scene for lynch mobs tells the importance the Dame attaches to public propriety. In a saner clime those hacks and their recruiters would have been arrested and prosecuted for preaching hate, or for public nuisance.

The chest thumping of the Dame is of little concern to us here. To attempt an analysis is to stamp her impropriety with a seal of approval. Here, we are concerned about the way her party casted slurs on the integrity of an individual who has dedicated his entire life to the good of his country. That Professor Wole Soyinka in his valentine message publicly attacked the proposed Mission House for African First Ladies wasn’t a justification for his vilification.

If the Dame didn’t approve of such distasteful behaviour she would have given the hacks public rebuke. Her failure to do so certainly gave prolix to lynch-mobs who unashamedly shoved their ugly faces into television cameras beamed live to the country. Here’s what most troubling about the sordid event of last week: that the Dame couldn’t recognise the fact that her appropriation of the good life conflicted with the harsh realities ordinary women confront daily. Sadly, the photographs of shoeless placard-carrying women splashed on the pages of newspapers illustrated those harsh realities.

Inspite of the foregoing, it isn’t hard to see how the Dame’s tolerance of hacks subverts the right to freedom of expression. It seems to us that her tolerance was informed more by the desire to close off the rights of patriots than the desire to elicit support for her African First Ladies Peace Initiative. She forgot that closing off rights achieves the unintended consequences of subverting legitimacy; and in this instance, the legitimacy of the present government. After all, it is the people that give legitimacy to governance. Deny the people the right to freedom of expression, government and democracy are imperilled.

Give it to Professor Wole Soyinka. For years he has consistently engaged the Nigerian public on policies and political practices of our rulers, and has consistently given meaning to public intellection and the tradition of inquiry public intellectuals hold dear. For Soyinka, no framework gives better affirmation to governance than public engagement. He gets praises just as he is abused by those who do not share his world view.

To have been made the hate figure of officialdom was a step too far. It will serve the Dame a whole lot good if she learns from President Charles de Gaulle who ordered the release of the great French philosopher and literary critic, Jean-Paul Sartre, arrested for civil disobedience in the summer of 1968, and gave the French gendarmes a severe ticking off. He scolded, ‘’you don’t arrest Voltaire’’. Dear Dame, if tomorrow someone were to get nasty with an elder statesman like Professor Soyinka, rebuke him or her the way a mother rebukes an insolent kid. Tell him or her, ‘’you don’t abuse Kongi’’.
Source
Re: “I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 05, 2013
yuzedo: Na wa! Lots of incredible dummies don't know this is satire from somebody's imagination... grin

What is the difference between a satirical patience and a normal patience ? They both look dumb to me.
Re: “I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan by Akshow: 11:15am On Mar 05, 2013
Table Leg :

Fuc....king bastards

COW LEG grin grin QUIT THE CHILDISH TANTRUM. YOU SOUND SO CRANKY LIKE A BROKEN RECORD. JERK OFF OF ZOOM OFF BEFORE I UNLEASH MY WRATH ON UR SILLY PATHETIC SELF. MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNN

1 Like

Re: “I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan by Akshow: 11:18am On Mar 05, 2013
Table Leg :

I know what is going on ... wink
NO U DONT. U WERE CAUGHT IN UR SENSELESS STEEEEEWPIDITY AS USUAL SO QUIT LYING grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: “I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan by glimpse(f): 11:36am On Mar 05, 2013
let the grammar competition begin cool
Re: “I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan by juman(m): 11:50am On Mar 05, 2013
This thread must be joke!
Re: “I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 12:20pm On Mar 05, 2013
@op. You guys should stop this bullsh*t of posting falsehood to ridicule our 1st lady. This post belongs to jokes section. And an expensive one at that.
Re: “I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan by vision2050: 12:49pm On Mar 05, 2013
-:my husband
will build the house for me whether they
like it or not-: na your papa get the money wey he go use build the house?, na curse both of you wan collect
Re: “I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan by Tolexander: 12:50pm On Mar 05, 2013
Nowhere fits this thread except the joke session.
OP! Had you taken this to the joke session, honestly, you would be given the joke session award of the year. Please beg seun to help you shift it to the joke session.
Re: “I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan by topmostg: 12:50pm On Mar 05, 2013
lecturerdabo: Ready in what manner? age, wisdom or academically?
me thinks its academically...

2 Likes

Re: “I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan by Nobody: 12:50pm On Mar 05, 2013
grin grin grin
Abagworo: @op. You guys should stop this bullsh*t of posting falsehood to ridicule our 1st lady. This post belongs to jokes section. And an expensive one at that.
Re: “I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan by Nobody: 12:56pm On Mar 05, 2013
Please mods should move this thread to the JOKES section before THEY come and take this thread personal.
Re: “I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 05, 2013
stormm: Copied & Shared:

First lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, is determined to show Nobel Laureate, Wole Soyinka, that she is not scared of taking him on. It would be recalled that during a recent PDP women rally, the first lady had expressed displeasure that Soyinka criticised her over her plan to build a N4 billion mission house. Once again, during a meeting in Coted’Ivoire with that country’s first lady, Dame Jonathan told her host to ignore whatever criticism she hears about the matter as “my husband will build the house for me whether they like it or not.”
Speaking further, she said, “As for that one who won a ‘Noble’ Laureate, I don’t even know why those people made him noble, but that’s why I’m very happy with you Coted’Ivoire people for giving my husband title of Commandeur de L’Ordre de Nation and for giving me title of Grand Croux da L’Ordre de Nation. So if Soyinka is noble, he can now see that I and my husband are Lords. And Lord is higher than noble so he’s not my level.”
After her speech, her host, Mrs. Outtara whispered in her ears that the ‘L’Ordre’ in her title actually means ‘the order’ and not ‘the Lord’. Mrs Jonathan replied, “I know, that’s what I said.” With a smile on her face, Mrs. Outtara wondered how someone could deny what she just said openly but her Nigerian interpreter told her not to be troubled because “we are used to it now in Nigeria.”

Money certainly cannot buy class! This woman is pure garbage!
Re: “I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan by free2ryhme: 2:19pm On Mar 05, 2013
stormm: Copied & Shared:

LORDS OF THE NONSENSE
Re: “I Am Now Ready For Soyinka” – Dame Jonathan by miteolu(m): 2:31pm On Mar 05, 2013
Lord & Order, is only letter 'e' & 'l' that are missing. Madam Jonathan recomposed the letters to suit herself.

'ORD' intersect in both words.

She used SET THEORY 1

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chris Rock On Obama ! / Trust Naija Guys Now (pics): lol / The Meme's Compilation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.