Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

My Knowledge About True Love. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Knowledge About True Love. (802 Views)

Let Us Talk About True Humility / Fact About True Christians And True Muslims / Deeper Knowledge in Witch Craft revealed by Edo Witch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Knowledge About True Love. by BroRhema(m): 10:40am On Mar 05, 2013
What is true love? Many wud say 'it's a love that never dies' some wud say it's a love worth dying for. Now al these are correct, but for me i to0k an extra mile to realy undstnd what true really is.
Firstly, i ran to bible-the earth's manual. And ofcourse 1 cor chapter 13 was the verse to help my philosophy. For those who hav neva read this pasage of the scripture, it talks vividly about the xtics of love. It says love is kind, patient, nt envious, love is meek, not proud, not sinful bt upright in it ways, not resentful, love believes all things, love always hopes, & never fails. Now, all these qualities of love combined in one, is what should be called true love. Lets @ this junction find out the origin of true love.
Prior to the coming of Jesus, who was to bring a transition in the standard of christian, the law was d former standard whch was with justice and strictness. It had no true love in it, ontil Christ came. I'dnt want to go into the account of Jesus, but for those who hav gud horizon on the account of the lifetime and ministery of Jesus, atest to the fact that he was an epitome of this true love as seen in 1 cor 13. Most of his deeds were expression of love. Thus true love was bore during the era of Christ on earth. Dont @ any point get it twisted dat true love and the greatest love was shown by christ silmutaneously- N0. This is because true love was xpressed by Christ during his lyf time, but his death for mankind, gave rise to what we call the greatest love.
I went further to ask myself how can one be eligible for this true? The same answer came. Now God(God the father, God the son, God the Holy) is Love, so is supposed his sons and daughters(we the christians) to be love. What i'm saying is, love is 1 of God principal nature that is been transfer to a person that has come into sonship with the lord. So being a son of God is the prime prerequisite for walking in the fulness of true love.
How can i ascertain that i walk in the fulness of True love? It's simple. Now, in 1cor 13 our topic verse, where ever we see love, we can change it to God, because God is love. Lets try it love(GOD) is patient, love(God) is kind, love(GOD) is not proud... You See! That means if i'm a son of God, then i'm suppose to be a replica of his love. But how can i replicate the true love as i too is love? Thus the verse again is the only yard-stick to measure if true we walk in true love. Permit me to use my name first to measure mine- BroRhema is Patient, Bro. is kind... Woow! I almost blushed think cause i didnt even score up to a half mark. Try yours and see if you truely have true love.
Re: My Knowledge About True Love. by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 05, 2013
Good morning Rhema,

I have read quite a bit about this "true love" and seen some arguments for and against it. I have formed an opinion that there is no such thing as 'true love'.
Re: My Knowledge About True Love. by BroRhema(m): 11:01am On Mar 05, 2013
striktlymi: Good morning Rhema,

I have read quite a bit about this "true love" and seen some arguments for and against it. I have formed an opinion that there is no such thing as 'true love'.
ok! So what's ur take??
Re: My Knowledge About True Love. by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 05, 2013
BroRhema: ok! So what's ur take??

I am of the opinion that the term 'true love' is the figment of some very intelligent person's imagination and has its origin from fairy tales which was made popular by Hollywood. To believe in 'true love' leaves one with much to be desired. I am of the opinion that to accept the term 'true love' suggests the existence of a 'false love'. Love cannot be false! There is really no need for the adjective 'true' to qualify love.

Love is love! I believe firmly in love and I believe firmly in the attributes you have given to love in the OP. Love is true, so to attribute truth to it in the phrase 'true love' is kinda repetitive for me. Love is just pure, good and simple...love is God.

2 Likes

Re: My Knowledge About True Love. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:16am On Mar 05, 2013
striktlymi: Good morning Rhema,

I think there is, I am feeling so down today due to my personal stuff (love related issues) true love is 'unconditional' and nomatter how torn I may feel now there is still room because that love doesn't go away
Re: My Knowledge About True Love. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:20am On Mar 05, 2013
striktlymi:

I am of the opinion that the term 'true love' is the figment of some very intelligent person's imagination and has its origin from fairy tales which was made popular by Hollywood. To believe in 'true love' leaves one with much to be desired. I am of the opinion that to accept the term 'true love' suggests the existence of a 'false love'. Love cannot be false! There is really no need for the adjective 'true' to qualify love.

Love is love! I believe firmly in love and I believe firmly in the attributes you have given to love in the OP. Love is true, so to attribute truth to it in the phrase 'true love' is kinda repetitive for me. Love is just pure, good and simple...love is God.
now I get ur drift
Re: My Knowledge About True Love. by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 05, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I think there is, I am feeling so down today due to my personal stuff (love related issues) true love is 'unconditional' and nomatter how torn I may feel now there is still room because that love doesn't go away

Love is indeed unconditional! I believe with my whole heart that you will pull through and get the love that your heart yearns for.

Keep your chin up! smiley
Re: My Knowledge About True Love. by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 05, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: now I get ur drift

smiley

1 Like

Re: My Knowledge About True Love. by BroRhema(m): 11:53am On Mar 05, 2013
Mr skrit, as a Christ Emb. member, we threat biblical issues base on deeper revelation. Now, the fact is that love is love. but in reality to walk in the fullness of love u must pocess al diz qualities whch makes it consumate- a complete n true love. Listen my bro, being a spirit filled christian is nt the only yardstick 4 dis kinda love. To a point i started having the thought that true love is a gift. Skrit, btw God and man, how patient are u when dealing with some in love, u dnt do freaky things out of envy thoughts, are u kind... If truely u have al this qualities, perhaps u'd b able to convince me more.
Re: My Knowledge About True Love. by BroRhema(m): 12:07pm On Mar 05, 2013
A guy asked me 'do you really love God? & my ans was N0! He astouning asked until am sure i can really do what paul and the other faithfuls of christ did before i'd giv u a yes. Lyk i said in my prev. reply d fact is love is love, bt in reality we must undstnd true love exist.
Re: My Knowledge About True Love. by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 05, 2013
BroRhema: Mr skrit, as a Christ Emb. member, we threat biblical issues base on deeper revelation.

The above really has nothing to do with the place of love. Whether we understand it or not, whether we get revelations or not, love does not change...love still remains what it is.

BroRhema:
Now, the fact is that love is love. but in reality to walk in the fullness of love u must pocess al diz qualities whch makes it consumate-

I agree with the above to the extent that one who possesses love must exhibit those qualities.

BroRhema:
a complete n true love.

However, I have my reservations on the above phrases. Love in itself does not need to be complete. God is love and he does not need anything to make himself complete; God is perfection itself! Humans on the other hand falter in their practice of love. If one has the fullness of love then that individual cannot falter cause he lives in God as God lives in him.

Now, the harsh reality is that humans are prone to be selfish in some of our dealings. Selfishness is not love! When one performs a selfish act, for example: he insults another, at that point he performs an act that is not love...but if he realizes his mistake, apologizes and decides not to do that again he returns back to love. His doing right does not mean he now has 'true love'...far from it. This only means that he has returned back to love which he left by insulting another.

BroRhema:
Listen my bro, being a spirit filled christian is nt the only yardstick 4 dis kinda love.

I don't agree with the above. When a Christian is spirit-filled he does no wrong. This is a situation where the will of that Christian is aligned perfectly to the will of God. When our will is aligned perfectly to that of God then sin is impractical for us. However, whenever we go back to sin then we turn our backs on the will of God and hence we turn our backs on love which only means that we, at that point in time, are not spirit-filled.

BroRhema:
To a point i started having the thought that true love is a gift. Skrit, btw God and man, how patient are u when dealing with some in love, u dnt do freaky things out of envy thoughts, are u kind... If truely u have al this qualities, perhaps u'd b able to convince me more.

I have explained in part the above but the point I want to bring out is the bold. Love is a gift to mankind, I don't know about 'true love'.

Thank you!
Re: My Knowledge About True Love. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 05, 2013
BroRhema: A guy asked me 'do you really love God? & my ans was N0! He astouning asked until am sure i can really do what paul and the other faithfuls of christ did before i'd giv u a yes. Lyk i said in my prev. reply d fact is love is love, bt in reality we must undstnd true love exist.

I know love not 'true love'! It's my personal thing anyways.
Re: My Knowledge About True Love. by Yooguyz: 2:01pm On Mar 05, 2013
@broRhema love has nothing to do with feelings true love has nothing to do with feelings it's all expressed in your actions
Re: My Knowledge About True Love. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:21pm On Mar 05, 2013
Yooguyz: @broRhema love has nothing to do with feelings true love has nothing to do with feelings it's all expressed in your actions
I could agree with you
Re: My Knowledge About True Love. by An0nimus: 2:22pm On Mar 05, 2013
striktlymi:

I know love not 'true love'! It's my personal thing anyways.
I understand too, Merci smiley
Re: My Knowledge About True Love. by Yooguyz: 6:50pm On Mar 05, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I could agree with you
i would be pleased to hear your thoughts on the matter
Re: My Knowledge About True Love. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:18pm On Mar 05, 2013
Yooguyz: @broRhema love has nothing to do with feelings true love has nothing to do with feelings it's all expressed in your actions
I think feelings are based on different kind of situations, feelings mostly goes with emotions and there is a certain time when they just fade away.

While love knows no boundries, its always there nomatter how ugly the situation might be. The story of a woman who had had bleed for 12years proves that unconditional love, where if feelings were involved I doubt if she would have been healed.

The ten men with leprosy were not even allowed in their own homes but Jesus Christ went over to them and healed them...

Hope Iam making sense
Yooguyz: i would be pleased to hear your thoughts on the matter
My thoughts are above
Re: My Knowledge About True Love. by Yooguyz: 4:03am On Mar 06, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I think feelings are based on different kind of situations, feelings mostly goes with emotions and there is a certain time when they just fade away.

While love knows no boundries, its always there nomatter how ugly the situation might be. The story of a woman who had had bleed for 12years proves that unconditional love, where if feelings were involved I doubt if she would have been healed.

The ten men with leprosy were not even allowed in their own homes but Jesus Christ went over to them and healed them...

Hope Iam making senseMy thoughts are above
ya makes a lot of sense thanxs for adding to my stock of knowledge
Re: My Knowledge About True Love. by okeyxyz(m): 7:14am On Mar 06, 2013
@All'

You guys are simply discussing the secular notion of love. A notion which has no christian representation anywhere in the bible. @OP uses 1 Cor 13 as reference for love but does not even define love; it only lists the attributes of love. It's like asking: "Who is BroRhema?", It doesn't make sence to answer: "BroRhema is kind, BroRhema is patient, BroRhema does not envy, ..."; Okay, fine but that was not the answer to the question. You are simply listing the attributes of BroRhema instead of telling me who he is. Rather, a more appropriate answer would be: "BroRhema is the first son of Mr & Mrs XYZ" or "BroRhema is the pastor of church ABC" or "BroRhema is the teacher of subject OPQ", etc.

Now take time to critically study the bible and you'd realize that in all contexts where love is used, Love means: Duty; Discipline; Faithfulness; Conformity. Likewise, worship means these same words. People who call themselves christians do so only in name, Yet their values are defined in secular terms, which is false.

I hope you can use this insight to separate your spiritual mind from your secular mind.
Re: My Knowledge About True Love. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:20am On Mar 06, 2013
okeyxyz: @All'

You guys are simply discussing the secular notion of love. A notion which has no christian representation anywhere in the bible. @OP uses 1 Cor 13 as reference for love but does not even define love; it only lists the attributes of love. It's like asking: "Who is BroRhema?", It doesn't make sence to answer: "BroRhema is kind, BroRhema is patient, BroRhema does not envy, ..."; Okay, fine but that was not the answer to the question. You are simply listing the attributes of BroRhema instead of telling me who he is. Rather, a more appropriate answer would be: "BroRhema is the first son of Mr & Mrs XYZ" or "BroRhema is the pastor of church ABC" or "BroRhema is the teacher of subject OPQ", etc.

Now take time to critically study the bible and you'd realize that in all contexts where love is used, Love means: Duty; Discipline; Faithfulness; Conformity. Likewise, worship means these same words. People who call themselves christians do so only in name, Yet their values are defined in secular terms, which is false.

I hope you can use this insight to separate your spiritual mind from your secular mind.
We all don't interpret the bible the same way you do. But you do have a point

(1) (Reply)

Trouser Wear By Christian Women Is Not A Sin / closer to christ!! / Watch Out For Satan's Agents Around You Right Now!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.