Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,857 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Keshi Lists 24 Home-based Stars For Kenya Tie - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Lists 24 Home-based Stars For Kenya Tie (733 Views)

Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie / Messi And Henderson Stars For FIFA'16 Cover / Gov. Fashola Captained Super Eagles All Stars For Kanu's Testimonial Match(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Keshi Lists 24 Home-based Stars For Kenya Tie by psamuell2(m): 11:20am On Mar 05, 2013
Camp opens this
weekend Chief coach of the
Super Eagles,
Stephen Keshi,
has shortlisted 24 home-based players for camping ahead of this
month’s 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifier against the Harambee Stars of Kenya in Calabar,
Complete Sports can confirm. Keshi who led the Eagles to a resounding victory at this year’s Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa, released the 24-man list yesterday afternoon and is expected to make public the
list of the foreign-based players on Friday. “I am expecting 24 home-based players in
Abuja for camping to kick start our preparation
for this month’s World Cup qualifier against
Kenya which is a very crucial match,” he began
in a brief conversation with Complete Sports
yesterday evening. “Most of the players that make up the 24-man list are those that have been in the team before.
So I decided to recall them to see what they can do because as I said earlier, we are still
rebuilding the team and we are going to give
'new' players the opportunity to show what they can do. We just want to see whether they
'll come out good." “The list for the foreign-based players will be
out on Friday and they also are expected to
report to Abuja to join the home-based players
before we depart for Calabar a week before the game,” he explained. The Super Eagles lead their World Cup
qualifying group with four points from two
games. A 1-0 victory against Namibia in Calabar and another 1-1 draw against Malawiin Blantyre puts the reigning African champions in pole position.
www.completesportsnigeria.com/details.php?news_id=11178
Re: Keshi Lists 24 Home-based Stars For Kenya Tie by psamuell2(m): 11:24am On Mar 05, 2013
who and who do u think will make d list?
Re: Keshi Lists 24 Home-based Stars For Kenya Tie by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 05, 2013
Up naija

(1) (Reply)

What Drogba Told Me In South Africa — Oboabona / Cristiano Ronaldo With Shaquille O'neal In Miami / Why Chelsea Strikers Would Continue To Fail Scoring-ancelotti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.