Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,132 members, 7,953,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:25 PM

FUTA Plans To Increase M.tech. (project Management Tech.) Fees To N250K - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUTA Plans To Increase M.tech. (project Management Tech.) Fees To N250K (2507 Views)

How Is Futa M.tech In Electrical & Electronics Engineering? / BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges / Federal University Of Technology Akure(futa) 2014/2015 Admission Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FUTA Plans To Increase M.tech. (project Management Tech.) Fees To N250K by Walert(m): 2:44pm On Mar 05, 2013
Is it not funny that the management of the School of Management Technology is planning to increase school fee of the M.Tech. programme in Project Management Technology which is a full time academic programme from N96,500 to N250K when they have already paid the normal school fees? The school fees for all M.Tech. courses in FUTA is N96,500 but the the HOD of PMT in its induction speech for new students informed them of a plan to increase school fees to N250K when other M.Tech. courses in the same institution have not increased theirs.This is quite unfortunate for a federal institution and it is a rip-off.The students thought they applied for an academic Master programme and not an Executive Master programme.Why should we begin to create problem for ourselves when the students had to pay even the current fees through their noses.I want to ask:Is this programme designed for the super-rich students.I think this is unfair and it will be illegal to compel students to pay an amount that was not stated at the point of application,admission and registration process.Apart from this, the HOD also told the students they would pay N10K to the dept and another N15K to the faculty.One begins to wonder what these monies are meant for in a normal full time academic M.Tech. programme.A survey carried out in FUTA indicates that all these illegal fees are not paid by other M.Tech. students.Please, the VC, Prof. Biyi Daramola,a disciplined academic, should sustain the sanctity of FUTA degrees and cancel all these unwarranted fees charged by the department of Project Mgt Tech from its Master degree students.
Re: FUTA Plans To Increase M.tech. (project Management Tech.) Fees To N250K by Donmeca(m): 9:40am On Feb 24, 2015
Hello. Please I am interested in this programme and I believe you must have been through with it.

Please give me an appraisal of the programme:
- Real admission requirements
- Actual cost as at today
- Mode of study (fulltime/part-time)
- Foreseen disruptions during the 18 months
- Admission season/period
- etc.

I will appreciate your honest assistance on this.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities / 5 Foreign Universities That Offer Scholarships TO Nigerians / Please A Nairalander Needs Your Advice Concerning Her G.C.E Result.(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.