Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,900 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

How Do You Prevent Talking While Eating??? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Do You Prevent Talking While Eating??? (2882 Views)

Between Food And Meat Which Is Advisable To Eat First While Eating? / Why Do We Sit Down While Eating? / Do You Drink Water While Eating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Prevent Talking While Eating??? by waleadex(m): 11:01pm On Mar 05, 2013
When you talk while eating some sets of people call it "lack of table manners".I try as much as possible when I eat not to talk except when I have fruits.To me seeing an adult talking while eating means he/she is capable of controlling any trouble that may want to come up as a result of doing so.But for the kids I try my best stopping them from such habit.Now,when talking while eating,are there any implications medically(nutritionally),traditionally or religiously?
Re: How Do You Prevent Talking While Eating??? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Mar 05, 2013
Religious implication of talking while eating? I don't know if it is possible for there to be religious implications.
Apart from swallowing excess air and maybe microbes, I don't think anything is wrong with talking while eating.
There is also the matter of politeness. It is more polite or civil to not talk while eating.
Re: How Do You Prevent Talking While Eating??? by waleadex(m): 11:47pm On Mar 05, 2013
I honestly learned something from your reply;the swallowing of excess air.
Nice one!
Re: How Do You Prevent Talking While Eating??? by waleadex(m): 7:22am On Mar 06, 2013
Good Morning all!
Re: How Do You Prevent Talking While Eating??? by PaulFeder: 12:08pm On Mar 07, 2013
I normally talk while eating but after reading this post i learn about swallowing benefits and i will try not to talk while eating.
Re: How Do You Prevent Talking While Eating??? by waleadex(m): 12:26pm On Mar 07, 2013
PaulFeder: I normally talk while eating but after reading this post i learn about swallowing benefits and i will try not to talk while eating.
Good!
Re: How Do You Prevent Talking While Eating??? by LoveAmaka88(f): 4:13pm On Mar 08, 2013
Well, if the food is good then everyone will be quietly eating. Trust I've seen rooms go silent when the food is good.

Aside from that, if you're planning to attend a business lunch or a social event that involves food, order something easy to chew. Take small, easy to swallow bites. Pace yourself and easy a little bit slower. Drink water before you speak. Greed and haste usually result in talking with a mouth full.

In terms of why it's a good practice, people choke on food while talking. It disgusts others while they're eating. It could affect one's ability to get a job.
Re: How Do You Prevent Talking While Eating??? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 08, 2013
Also, if you talk while eating some pieces of food that you are chewing might fly out of your mouth and that is both disgusting and embarrasing.
Re: How Do You Prevent Talking While Eating??? by waleadex(m): 9:38pm On Mar 08, 2013
fellis: Also, if you talk while eating some pieces of food that you are chewing might fly out of your mouth and that is both disgusting and embarrasing.
You are right.You have a good point!
Re: How Do You Prevent Talking While Eating??? by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 10, 2013
i eat by myself grin
Re: How Do You Prevent Talking While Eating??? by abrahym(m): 11:25pm On Mar 10, 2013
not possible unless you hide for corner dey eat

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander Did This Today!! (graphic Photo) / 10 Best Chinese Restaurants In Lagos / Nlders, Share Your Krazy Food Combination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.