Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Your Experience With Konga And Jumia - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Your Experience With Konga And Jumia (5018 Views)

48 Hours To Black Friday: How To Save More With Konga And Jumia / My Dissapointing Experiences With Konga & Jumia / Infinix Launched Infinix HOT X507 In Partnership With Konga.com And Etisalat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Experience With Konga And Jumia by Nobody: 5:53am On Mar 06, 2013
If you've purchased tech products like PCs, smartphones (or phones in general), or other electronics. Please share your experience with these two online retailers. Where your products original, have you had any problems with your smartphones since purchase? have you had to invoke the warranty and if so how did it go? If you live outside Lagos, how quickly has your product being delivered. Let's keep it open, clean, and friendly. No insults pls.
Let's talk. wink
Re: Your Experience With Konga And Jumia by Sellorbuyphones(m): 6:34am On Mar 06, 2013
This is useful ..
Re: Your Experience With Konga And Jumia by Damola12: 6:48am On Mar 06, 2013
Av not used them personally but a friend ordered a hp laptop from jumia and lets just say he doznt want to hear the word jumia ever again...the laptop was apparently refurbished,he bought it quite xpensive in my opinion but that wasnt the issue ...onli d oda day i removed the battery and wat we found was a verrrrry old looking inside ...the outside was very neat by the way and he paid about 154k for the laptop plus 4 k shipping cost and the delivery was about a week late my laptop is almost 2years old but the inside is nower near as old as that one ...i just tink we should be careful with all these order mata

By the way can anione tel me how to identify a used bb playbook and bb phone cos apparently ther ar reports that ppl ar selling used for the price of new...i think that is demonic to put it mildly
Re: Your Experience With Konga And Jumia by seth11(m): 7:02am On Mar 06, 2013
Mods, frontpage pls..

@damola12 pls post pics if u can cz thtz a strong accusation o..
Re: Your Experience With Konga And Jumia by seth11(m): 7:05am On Mar 06, 2013
Personally i hvnt used them bt im eager2 see wht ppl hv2 say abt them
Re: Your Experience With Konga And Jumia by Damola12: 7:10am On Mar 06, 2013
Unfortunately i cant but hav no reason to knock them unjustly the said laptop is in abuja and i was ther on sunday i wil c if he can watsapp the pic to me so i can post here

Pleas o my question on the used playbook and bb phone anyone
Re: Your Experience With Konga And Jumia by Yourbest(m): 8:37am On Mar 06, 2013
The phone i used now was bought from konga and it's working perfectly even if the delivery came late tho but jumia delivered later.

1 Like

Re: Your Experience With Konga And Jumia by Francheezy(m): 9:21am On Mar 06, 2013
brb
Re: Your Experience With Konga And Jumia by exago(m): 2:25pm On May 13, 2013
placed an order, yet to conclude
Re: Your Experience With Konga And Jumia by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 23, 2013
exago: placed an order, yet to conclude
hw did it go?
Re: Your Experience With Konga And Jumia by saleskara: 4:17am On May 26, 2013
Yes, they both have great user experience. Though I feel that www.kara.com.ng may have interesting prices for a smaller range of products
Re: Your Experience With Konga And Jumia by exago(m): 9:49am On Jun 11, 2013
Wizard_of_Oz:
hw did it go?

it was delivered late on the 22nd instead of 10th that was adviced.
Re: Your Experience With Konga And Jumia by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 11, 2013
exago:

it was delivered late on the 22nd instead of 10th that was adviced.

Damn.. So they're like every other service company in Nigeria; all name, no quality.
Re: Your Experience With Konga And Jumia by Akosbaba(m): 12:55pm On Jun 11, 2013
sales_kara: Yes, they both have great user experience. Though I feel that www.kara.com.ng may have interesting prices for a smaller range of products
na so
Re: Your Experience With Konga And Jumia by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 15, 2013
I'm about hitting either of the 2 to get a laptop. Will make my choice based on affordability as per my specs and nothing more. Hope i'm safe?
Re: Your Experience With Konga And Jumia by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 15, 2013
trae_z: I'm about hitting either of the 2 to get a laptop. Will make my choice based on affordability as per my specs and nothing more. Hope i'm safe?

Wish u best of luck.. Pls whatever retailer u choose let us know how it goes as per the time of delivery and the city u'r in.. No need2 get into exact locations o.. :-)
Re: Your Experience With Konga And Jumia by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 15, 2013
Wizard_of_Oz:

Wish u best of luck.. Pls whatever retailer u choose let us know how it goes as per the time of delivery and the city u'r in.. No need2 get into exact locations o.. :-)

Thanks. Will do so wink
Re: Your Experience With Konga And Jumia by CollinsOOmo(m): 10:48pm On Nov 13, 2013
I ordered for a blackberry Q5 October 14, 2013 which was delivered October 21, 2013. When i opened the package the charger was not for Q5 as indicated when i plugged the phone and the camera was also not starting. Then i call your help desk and the lady assured me that someone was going to call me immediately.
Until 24hours later when i called not a call came from KONGA. The following week Tuesday i was asked to send it through DHL to your office. After several calls (HELEN, IBUKUN, TOPE, AMAKA, CHIOMA and other names i cannot remember), Ibukun and Tope called November 06, 2013 that a replacement has been instructed. They assured me that i will get the phone Monday 11th November, 2013. Suddenly UPS called Tuesday 12, 2013 that they have a package for me but i have to pay the sum of N60,300 on delivery. I was shocked because this was met to be a replacement not a fresh order. I called your officers on this inefficiency issue, they all assured me it will be resolved immediately. After 3 hours in UPS Akure Office i went back to my office hoping to get a call that the issue has been resolved. I got to UPS Akure office today November 13, 2013 the same story that they have not gotten any instruction to deliver my package without payment of N60,300. I called Chioma immediately and she promised to get back to me in 5minutes but after 30minutes in UPS office, i returned to my office still waiting for a call from Konga. It is very disappointing to note that tomorrow November 14,2013 will make this transaction a month still no delivery. BEWARE OF KONGA because my phone is still hanging!!!!
R677405323

1 Like

Re: Your Experience With Konga And Jumia by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 03, 2013
Collins O.Omo:
I ordered for a blackberry Q5 October 14, 2013 which was delivered October 21, 2013. When i opened the package the charger was not for Q5 as indicated when i plugged the phone and the camera was also not starting. Then i call your help desk and the lady assured me that someone was going to call me immediately.
Until 24hours later when i called not a call came from KONGA. The following week Tuesday i was asked to send it through DHL to your office. After several calls (HELEN, IBUKUN, TOPE, AMAKA, CHIOMA and other names i cannot remember), Ibukun and Tope called November 06, 2013 that a replacement has been instructed. They assured me that i will get the phone Monday 11th November, 2013. Suddenly UPS called Tuesday 12, 2013 that they have a package for me but i have to pay the sum of N60,300 on delivery. I was shocked because this was met to be a replacement not a fresh order. I called your officers on this inefficiency issue, they all assured me it will be resolved immediately. After 3 hours in UPS Akure Office i went back to my office hoping to get a call that the issue has been resolved. I got to UPS Akure office today November 13, 2013 the same story that they have not gotten any instruction to deliver my package without payment of N60,300. I called Chioma immediately and she promised to get back to me in 5minutes but after 30minutes in UPS office, i returned to my office still waiting for a call from Konga. It is very disappointing to note that tomorrow November 14,2013 will make this transaction a month still no delivery. BEWARE OF KONGA because my phone is still hanging!!!!
R677405323

I am not as lucky. 12 days later.. still waiting for my order within Lagos - they now cancel it to tell me it is unavailable.. yet there were over 10 items available when i made my order.. I also noticed that when there is a discount on an item you have purchased,it becomes unavailable and your order is cancelled.. check back same day, you will find the item without a discount.
Re: Your Experience With Konga And Jumia by Dcsn: 9:35pm On May 17, 2020
I have actually purchased items on these platforms, and all I can say is that the reception is mixed. Sometimes the experience is good and other times it is not. I believe there is a Nigerian factor to it as well. The system is not working as expected and this brings many other things that are not in direct control of these two online destinations in Nigeria.
I have also shopped abroad, using the likes of Argos, PCWorld and they too have their own kind of problems.

There are, however, other online malls in Lagos and Nigeria at large. I would readily recommend Zit Electronics Store, a Nigerian Online Shopping destination that's located in Lagos. They sell consumer electronics and they deliver within 24 hours. They offer most of all the other things that Konga and Jumia offer; which include pay on delivery for Lagos orders, free returns with no question asked as long as good is intact and other features. You can visit and buy quality original electronics from https://zit.ng

Finally, our economy is still grossly behind when compared to the Western countries, but there's light at the end of the tunnel.

(1) (Reply)

Very Attractive Dell Nickelodeon Edition From Usa....25 Pieces Available / Clean London Used Iphone 8 Plus 64GB Black Fully Unlocked At Cheap Rate / Sold!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.