Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

My Dissapointing Experiences With Konga & Jumia - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / My Dissapointing Experiences With Konga & Jumia (1852 Views)

##hot Deals For Importers#unbranded Smartphones And Tablets.bye To Jumia & Konga / 48 Hours To Black Friday: How To Save More With Konga And Jumia / Jumia and Konga Sales Consultant Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dissapointing Experiences With Konga & Jumia by ebixy(m): 2:55pm On Jan 02, 2015
About 1 month ago, i needed a laptop so i checked around my location but didn't see the type i wanted. I was not a fan of online shopping but i decided to give it a trial.

konga case
I decided to try Konga, went to their website and choose the one i wanted and was happy that they offered pay on delivery option to my location. The standard delivery time stated on their website was 2 - 7 days. After about 2 weeks of waiting for them, i called them only to discover that the specific laptop i wanted wasn't available in the first place. That really pissed me off but was happy since i hadn't made any payment.

Jumia case
A week later after the konga disappointment, i decided to give Jumia a trial maybe they could be better. I made the order and this time around Jumia didnt offer pay on delivery option to my location so i had to make payment including shipping of about N3800. standard delivery time was 3 - 8 days. After 8 days i called them since my order had not been shipped only to be told that all orders made after 18th December would be delivered in the new year, i was like why didn't you guys state it clearly on your website. On new year day i got a shocker, my order had been cancelled due to non-availability of the Laptop. They said a refund will take 5 to 10 days imagine!!!

1. why keep a product on your website which is not available
2. why is there poor communication between the online shop and customer
Re: My Dissapointing Experiences With Konga & Jumia by yorex2011: 3:36pm On Jan 02, 2015
Bros i dey fear for your second case o... That money fit no come back on time.. Keep us posted when u are refunded... Those online shopping guys lack work ethics ... Even the individual procurement guys on nairaland are better than them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dissapointing Experiences With Konga & Jumia by ceejay80s(m): 3:41pm On Jan 02, 2015
Shiit happens
Re: My Dissapointing Experiences With Konga & Jumia by hahn(m): 3:52pm On Jan 02, 2015
That's good news for me
Re: My Dissapointing Experiences With Konga & Jumia by bobo65(m): 4:09pm On Jan 02, 2015
yorex2011:
Bros i dey fear for your second case o... That money fit no come back on time.. Keep us posted when u are refunded... Those online shopping guys lack work ethics ... Even the individual procurement guys on nairaland are better than them

nicely said
corruption in nigeria has become legal
ppl now steal in d open
konga n jumia needs suspension
maybe for 3 months
so they can learn to take customers seriously
Re: My Dissapointing Experiences With Konga & Jumia by ebixy(m): 4:32pm On Jan 02, 2015
yorex2011:
I will keep you guys posted
Re: My Dissapointing Experiences With Konga & Jumia by donj2005(m): 6:19pm On Jan 02, 2015
What laptop do you need that's seems to always not be available?
Re: My Dissapointing Experiences With Konga & Jumia by ebixy(m): 7:24pm On Jan 02, 2015
donj2005:
What laptop do you need that's seems to always not be available?
on Jumia it was HP 350 G1

while on konga it was HP pavillion 15 P102nia

Both were displayed as Available in stock
Re: My Dissapointing Experiences With Konga & Jumia by dapojaja(m): 9:48pm On Jan 02, 2015
hope u get refunded on time along with a sincere apology.

By the way, want to learn ANIMATION and be making HUGE MONEY from Advertisers Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite 2014 DVD (Motion Builder, Maya, 3D Max, etc) still available with DVD Video Tutorials. call 08035282636

https://www.nairaland.com/2070874/autodesk-animation-2014-dvd-motion
Re: My Dissapointing Experiences With Konga & Jumia by just2endowed: 11:06pm On Jan 02, 2015
Hmmmm Hmmmm
Re: My Dissapointing Experiences With Konga & Jumia by donj2005(m): 11:13pm On Jan 02, 2015
ebixy:

on Jumia it was HP 350 G1

while on konga it was HP pavillion 15 P102nia

Both were displayed as Available in stock

That's really not so cool. I wish they could give better service to their customers. Well I am sure all our guys here on Nairaland can give you what you need. And well I do not know anything about their refund service so I can't say how long it will take you to get a refund from those folks. Just try mikky angel or specuit cargo, sure you'd be glad you did or you can try me but I am a 3rd party so my prices are a little higher than theirs but still affordable.... Have a nice day

1 Like

Re: My Dissapointing Experiences With Konga & Jumia by JumiaOnline(m): 10:21am On Jan 06, 2015
Hello Ebixy,

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused while shopping with us.

Kindly revert with your order details (order number, email, phone number, first name or last name) to help us ensure the issue is immediately resolved.

Jumia cares.
Re: My Dissapointing Experiences With Konga & Jumia by Genes1s: 10:27am On Jan 06, 2015
^^ Mteeew ! Bullshit, legal scammers
Re: My Dissapointing Experiences With Konga & Jumia by HandGlove: 11:32am On Jan 06, 2015
Have an issue with Konga too. . Ordered a samsung Note 4 for 136K which developed software issues same day of delivery. After countless calls they contacted me to return the defective item. Have since returned the item and they promise a replacement or refund in 10 working days. Its has not been a nice experience at all. If they don't deliver will post my full experience on this forum including pics, videos and voice call recordings. Need to buy some stuffs maybe I should try Jumia.
Re: My Dissapointing Experiences With Konga & Jumia by Mannastoress: 11:38am On Jan 06, 2015
Online shopping in Nigeria is still coming up and there will always be issues , even ebay and amazon still fail to deliver items to customers on time
Re: My Dissapointing Experiences With Konga & Jumia by ebixy(m): 6:44pm On Jan 06, 2015
JumiaOnline:
Hello Ebixy,

Kindly revert with your order details (order number, email, phone number, first name or last name) to help us ensure the issue is immediately resolved.

Jumia cares.
I have already laid an official complain with Jumia and a refund has been arranged for. Thank you
Re: My Dissapointing Experiences With Konga & Jumia by ebixy(m): 12:32am On Jan 14, 2015
many days still counting......

Am yet to get my re-fund undecided

Customer care service have been very poor..
Already spent close to N1500 calling customer care
From one story to another..
From one lie to another..

Loosing patience already angry
Re: My Dissapointing Experiences With Konga & Jumia by BizBloke(m): 12:26pm On Jan 14, 2015
donj2005:

That's really not so cool. I wish they could give better service to their customers. Well I am sure all our guys here on Nairaland can give you what you need. And well I do not know anything about their refund service so I can't say how long it will take you to get a refund from those folks. Just try mikky angel or specuit cargo, sure you'd be glad you did or you can try me but I am a 3rd party so my prices are a little higher than theirs but still affordable.... Have a nice day

Thanks for the referral, Donj2005.
Re: My Dissapointing Experiences With Konga & Jumia by ebixy(m): 2:11pm On Jan 22, 2015
JumiaOnline:
Hello Ebixy,

Jumia cares.
Jumia online, this is more than 20 days now, i am yet to receive my refund
Re: My Dissapointing Experiences With Konga & Jumia by ebixy(m): 3:50pm On Jan 26, 2015
After 25 days

countless call and e-mails

countless threats

i finally get my refund

so so happy,
Not sure i would do business with any online shop in Nigeria till further notice

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cashdown!!!-get A Buyer For Your Gadget Here!! / Network Unlock Any Device / Print On T-shirt ,mugs,cap,plates With This Epson Sublimation Printer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.