Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,658 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

How To Upload Mysql Database To Server - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Upload Mysql Database To Server (10974 Views)

How To Upload A Song(your Song) Or Other Application Or File To Waptrick / How To Upload An Image Into Mysql Database / What Does Mysql Database Means? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Upload Mysql Database To Server by kelechiodo(m): 8:55am On Mar 21, 2008
how can one upload a mysql database to server. I installes xamp to my system that is not connected to net, now my problem is how to upload the mysql database to my remote server.
Re: How To Upload Mysql Database To Server by smartsoft(m): 9:10am On Mar 21, 2008
Brother, you don't have a problem,  Okay just call it a challenge,  don't say a problem. okay back to your challenge,  what you need to do is,  open your phpmyadmin on your remote server, and open your phpmyadmin on your local server too,  now go to EXPORT on your local server,  thereafter save it anywhere on your PC, then go back to your Remote Server, on your phpmyadmin, click on Import and browse where u export your sql data too and import it. thats it simple as that !

And make some corrections on your DB connection, on your remote server unlike you will have

$server = 'localhost'
$username = 'root'
$password = ''
$database ='kelechido'

This works like this on Xampps
========================
it will now be
========================
$server = 'localhost'
$username = 'usernme_db'
$password = 'Password_db'
$database ='kelechido'

This works on Cpanel
Re: How To Upload Mysql Database To Server by Afam(m): 9:50am On Mar 21, 2008
Mysql database must be installed on your remote server to begin with.

(1) (Reply)

I Buy And Sell Bitcoins, Converts Gift Cards To Instant Cash In Bank / How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? / List Of Dedicated Servers Hosting Pick Any That Suits Your Project Cheap Prices.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.